Re: OOC

#61 Post by wolfpack »

ID is 200 gold per item

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#62 Post by spanningtree »

Thanks, was there any go0ld to distribute from our last delve?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by wolfpack »

spanningtree wrote:Thanks, was there any go0ld to distribute from our last delve?

viewtopic.php?f=939&t=10012&start=40#p488097

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Storm11 »

wolfpack wrote:
Storm11 wrote:I get that wolfie.

What I am trying badly to ask you is, as an example, Storm has a maximum number of spells he can know of 11. Now he knows as one of his spells thus far Enlarge. This means he also knows it’s reverse Reduce.

Now does that count as one spell towards his maximum number known at 1st level, or does it count as two spells towards the maximum number of spells at first level?

Does that make sense? It needs to be chosen which version is memorised each time it is, but for maximum number of spells known per level, does it count as one or two?

the spell and it's reverse count as a single slot in maximum known spells. so enlarge/reduce only counts as 1 spell known
Roger that. Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Once Storm learns magic Missile he could try it on the brooch. With the ring, we could try walking on water, or putting the hand that wears it into a fire, or going outside naked for a bit on a cold night, or we could cast a reduce spell on the person wearing the ring, see if anything is different. Phil can take it off right?
Greys Campaign.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by wolfpack »

Storm11 wrote:
wolfpack wrote:
Storm11 wrote:I get that wolfie.

What I am trying badly to ask you is, as an example, Storm has a maximum number of spells he can know of 11. Now he knows as one of his spells thus far Enlarge. This means he also knows it’s reverse Reduce.

Now does that count as one spell towards his maximum number known at 1st level, or does it count as two spells towards the maximum number of spells at first level?

Does that make sense? It needs to be chosen which version is memorised each time it is, but for maximum number of spells known per level, does it count as one or two?

the spell and it's reverse count as a single slot in maximum known spells. so enlarge/reduce only counts as 1 spell known
Roger that. Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Once Storm learns magic Missile he could try it on the brooch. With the ring, we could try walking on water, or putting the hand that wears it into a fire, or going outside naked for a bit on a cold night, or we could cast a reduce spell on the person wearing the ring, see if anything is different. Phil can take it off right?
the ring slides on and off whoever puts it on without an issue

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

wolfpack wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Actually looks like I can't know more than 11 spells per level so I'll have to scratch off one of those. Wizard Lock was the last roll so I'll just not add that into my spell book.

levitate, locate object, and wizard lock are all 2nd level spells
Ah ok my mistake I was just taking them from the list didn't bother looking to see what level they were. My mistake. :shock:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by redwarrior »

Potential questions for the cultist's head:

"When & Where will they attempt to merge the stones?"

"What is expected to happen when the stones merge?"

"How many defenders will be at the ceremony?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by wolfpack »

Potential questions for the cultist's head:

"When & Where will they attempt to merge the stones?" - this is 2 questions

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by wolfpack »

who is going to be there for the speak with dead and I need a decision on the question

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by Storm11 »

Storm has much to do if he’s to be ready when the others leave so he isn’t going to be there. And thus I don’t think I should have any more input pretty much.
Greys Campaign.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by wolfpack »

yes those involved in spell study won;t be there they must spend all the time over the next several days learning spells.

GreyWolfVT

#72 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Just a bit of a tip when Hildr & Sarin had a speak with the dead phrasings of questions was a huge portion of this if not asked in a manner the dead just said yes or no or something very vague.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by wolfpack »

Saxony

Stays to interrogate the Head.

We also have the rune rubbings which need identifying. What kind id portal does it frame? Can it be recreated? Though if the priest operates in some teleport ability, we need to avail ourselves of that.

Perhaps some of the more studious characters or an acolyte from the temple can do some research in the archives, library regarding the cult, history, practices. Twice they had 'human sacrifices' and we need as much detail on them as we can source.

I would also like to read through any reports that the town marshalls wrote in response to their investigations of several of the temples being infiltrated.

Also is their any historical or clerical notes on these stones. What are they? Their purpose and how they came to be split and hidden here.

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by redwarrior »

Phil will likely not be present. I don't think he could add much, and he's not really a nuance kinda guy.

GreyWolfVT

#75 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Also if the portal is anything like the ones Sarin, Hildr & Felix encountered in the other location they could only be activated and used by higher level mages.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by ravenn4544 »

any place where potions may be for sale? not sure if we have enough yet for those if even so..

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by wolfpack »

There is an apothecary in town where brews can be purchased

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by wolfpack »

Broach of shielding (52 points) and luck stone

only the ring and gauntlets remain unidentified

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#79 Post by redwarrior »

what's the state of the world as far as banking goes? Right now, if we are following the 10 coins = 1# rule (that always seemed like REALLY big coins to me), then Phil is carrying around 70# of coins - I think a few of us may have even more. Is there some sort of trusted banking system through churches, etc? Do we fiat our coinage? Or should I visit a gem merchant to convert most of it into an easier to carry format?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by wolfpack »

There is a banking system, however it does charge a % for it's use and is only available in cities. So small villages and hamlets would not have a branch.

The city you are in now Hommingdale does the village where you started does not.

Return to “Antiquities Timeline (1e)”