OOC Thread

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#541 Post by max_vale »

No worries Greywolf!

Okay peoples; the Interlude post is up; no need for any replies....it's just a quick blurb about Borsk and his acquisition of a very special 'flashlight'. :)

The first posts for the new Adventure will be coming up soon.....it will be assumed to take place bout 3 or 4 months after the end of the last Adventure (and almost that amount of time after the Interlude post).....and during that time; your characters will have noted that they have all been put on the Empire's 'Most Wanted' list.....which means, bounty hunters may be coming/have already attempted to come after you.

Kipper, Jedi, Ski.....how do you want to improve your characters' skills? If I don't get replies in the next few days; I'll just go ahead and make some improvements based on skills used in the last adventure (Blaster, Gunnery, Search, Systems Operation, etc.)

Thanks and looking forward to the next round of wild n' crazy fun!
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#542 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

slight question on the opening post.

Did La'Reth activate the lightsaber, in the middle of the market street? :!: :oops: :shock:
or did i miss a line?

nother thing. My character, Jackson, may be considered officially dead, as he was one of the imperials in the asteroid before it exploded.
so instead of doing the hunted by bounty hunters thing, would i be doing the changing of my identity, may be becoming the undercover agent of the group?

are we free to write in what we've been doing the last 2 months, or do you have a plan?
"shoot straight, conserve ammo, watch your buddy's back, and NEVER, cut a deal, with a Dragon." Shadowrunner's words of wisdom.
Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#543 Post by Jedi Skyler »

A question for you, boss: Does the Equipment Repair skill you have on Zinn's character sheet serve as a catch-all repair skill? Or is it specific only to certain types of equipment. Would he be able to use this skill to, say, work on the suit of stormtrooper armor he wore out of their light fight, and start customizing it to A) disguise it so it doesn't look like Imperial-issue gear, and B) be more custom-fitted to himself so he can start knocking those DEX penalties off? I realize he'd have to basically transfer the electronics from the helmet to a different one, because there's no real way to disguise those helmets; but modifications could be made to the rest of it, including coloration, adding gear like bandoliers and equipment pouches, perhaps changing the material composition of some of the armor plating, etc. I'm not expecting to lay hands on Mandalorian beskar'gam, although that would be SPECTACULAR. Perhaps instead of making a lot of modifications himself, he could find a black market armorer who would definitely love to get their hands on a suit of Imp armor - even without the helmet, which Zinn could keep to transfer the MFTAS and such to another helmet - and could get himself a slightly better set of armor, which he could then start modifying as time allows, to improve the stats on it.

If he's going to be allowed and/or required to work on the armor himself, I want to up that stat, but I want to make sure I'm raising the RIGHT stat...
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#544 Post by max_vale »

Ski: Your characters will have been assumed to have gone on a mission or two in the past few months which will have resulted in the Empire now knowing of your survival and status in working for the Rebellion; which in turn means you (like ALL the PCs :) ) are on Bounty Hunter's 'Most Wanted' lists.....consider yourself honored! :) As for the details of those missions, I leave them up to you, WITHIN reason....:)

Jedi: Yes; the Equipment Repair skill would cover repair and modifications to Armor; but as I have no idea what MFTAS or the Mandalorian stuff you mention is (Please remember, I am NOT basing anything on Wookipedia or other 'canon' Star Wars stuff as necessarily REAL in my game version of Star Wars); basically the rules I have for Armor are as listed in my House Rules/Modifications thread:

Full Body Armor: +1D to STR but -1D to DEX
Armor Vests: +2 to STR; -1 to DEX
Armor Clothing: +1 to STR; no penalty to DEX

You could certainly change the color/style enough to make the armor not recognizable as Stormtrooper armor and add things like bandoleers/pouches or even small compartments easy enough; more elaborate mods could include Jet-Packs or built in Blaster weapons, etc.; and you could 'downgrade' the armor to the Vest status.....but there's no way to get rid of the penalty for Full Body Armor; sorry.

As for the Helmet and electronics; sure, you could either jury-rig it to take out the electronics and put them into a different helmet if you like; but it would be pretty obvious that the Imperials would have changed out their codes and such so that just having access to some of their comms wouldn't be of any real value in that sense.

So, please feel free to have armor modified to the degree mentioned above (i.e. not a jack-pack; but you could certainly have the bandoleer/coloration changes and possible downgrading if you so desire) and a Helmet with the Imperial communications equipment in; which pretty much just translates to having a hands-free comlink.

Everyone: I plan on putting up the initial threads for the next Adventure; "Domain of Evil" today/tonight and tomorrow.....please be aware that there will also be a new OOC thread coming up soon as well; probably to be titled "OOC 2"; as Tonixx tells me that once the thread gets to about 30 pages; it needs to stop and we've just about reached that over the past couple of years! :)

Final thought: For those of you who weren't here for some of the earlier modules; many of the 1st Edition Star Wars modules from West End Games had several 'offscreen cut-away' scenes sprinkled throughout the adventure; usually to show you what some villains were doing 'off camera'; which obviously your characters would have no knowledge of; but it was thought to be part of the fun of re-creating 'Star Wars movie-style' adventures. In the past, I asked if players wanted these scenes to be posted or not....the earlier crew always voted "YES" and I'm happy to do that again; but I thought I would throw that out there for you relative new-comers (note: Shantipole did NOT have such cut-away scenes in the module).....YES you would like to have them posted; or NO you would not.

Along the same vein; pretty much all of the early modules started with an 'Adventure Script' that was supposed to be read outloud by the players and GM at the first session to 'Start the module off'; and I will be posting that as well....with generic "PC 1"; "PC 2"; etc. listed.....you guys can fill out who's saying what in your imaginations!

I hope everyone is doing well and I'm looking forward to the new adventure!

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”