OOC Thread

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC Thread

#481 Post by GreyWolfVT »

nope i thought were were waiting on the dm to update.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#482 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the delay people; I had an extended weekend due to the oh-so-fun cold and snow here on the East Coast; sorry about that!

Next post is up; good news is there's only 2 TIEs left; and 1 is damaged! Bad news….well, there's a Capital Ship waiting in the wings….but did I mention only 2 TIEs left! :)
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#483 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

The others near can hear him making the gun firing sounds he is not even fully aware he is doing so.
HA!!! =D =D love it
"shoot straight, conserve ammo, watch your buddy's back, and NEVER, cut a deal, with a Dragon." Shadowrunner's words of wisdom.
GreyWolfVT

#484 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pew Pew :P
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by max_vale »

I'm dating myself here, but are you guys old enough to remember Police Academy? The guy that does all the sound effects? (He was also in Spaceballs, briefly)......Now I'm picturing Gavin as that guy!

:)
GreyWolfVT

#486 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yeah that is something I remember he was one of my favorite characters in police academy (Michael Winslow as Larvelle Jones) other than hightower and bobcat goldthwait

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#487 Post by Jedi Skyler »

max_vale wrote:I'm dating myself here, but are you guys old enough to remember Police Academy? The guy that does all the sound effects? (He was also in Spaceballs, briefly)......Now I'm picturing Gavin as that guy!

:)
Yeah...I loved em both!
GreyWolfVT

#488 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8RaHB18ckM

Gavin, Mon Senior Gavin, Doctor Mon Senior Gavin. :D

Don't let me run the radar either https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTKmEG7ewso

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#489 Post by Jedi Skyler »

LONE STARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

lol
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by max_vale »

Nice!

Okay; the next post is up and just so people understand the mechanics I'm using here; when different scales go up against each other; the difference is 4D. What does this mean?

B-Wing/Shuttle/etc. takes a shot at the Frigate; a Weapon listed as doing 5D damage for the B-Wing/Shuttle will do 1D against the Frigate.

A Turbolaser carried by the Friage is listed as doing 4D Damage; this is against Capital-ship scale targets. Against the B-Wing/Shuttle it's doing 8D damage.

Also, keep in mind the Frigate's 2D+2 Shields are really 6D+2....but they can be worn down just like yours can.

There is SOME good news; the Frigate is much easier to hit; basically all of you will only have to beat a 5 to hit it. Likewise, capital-scale weapons (like those 2 turbolasers) will have a much harder time hitting your craft. (At short range, 20 vice 10).

The Frigate DOES have 2 vehicle-scale Lasers as well; these will be at the normal chances to hit you and the damage is 4D+2; so Evasion still is a valid choice to take as an action!

The Out Runner is currently without shields; so you may want to keep that in mind for this next part. Just a friendly GM reminder! :)

Oh yeah; and called shots can be made; they add 10 to the Difficulty number (so 15 vice 5; for the Frigate); and if they hit; +1D is added to the Damage code.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions/concerns; thanks!
GreyWolfVT

#491 Post by GreyWolfVT »

so called shots like "Gavin aims to shoot the engines out of the enemy ship"?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#492 Post by max_vale »

In this particular case; the ships will be maneuvering to get behind the Frigate to blast away at their engines….if you just say; "Gavin will be making a called shot at the power conduits"; I'll know what you mean and adjust the difficulty number and damage appropriately.

If in personal combat for example; it can serve two purposes…..things like; "called shot on the Stormtrooper"; in an effort to increase the damage to better take out an opponent in one shot; OR something like; "called shot to shoot the blaster out of the Bounty Hunter's hand"….stuff like that.

Also; in case it wasn't clear; the comm message from Ackbar was heard by everyone. Sorry if I didn't make that obvious! :)
GreyWolfVT

#493 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright. Well my action still stands. it's not like I said "Gavin is aiming at the nearest stormtrooper standing near a window. aiming to take it's head off." ;)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#494 Post by max_vale »

Next post is coming later today/tonight....I'm hoping to get an answer back from Angelic from a PM I sent him; basically I was just asking if he wants to do anything other than juke the ship all over the sky....if I don't get one; I'll just assume he keeps doing Full Evasions.

Greywolf; the conduits will just look like big pipes between the circular engine ports; Jackson and/or Farak can tell Gavin this.

Jedi: No; the B-wing cannot send its targeting feed to other ships. Please ask me before making any kind of technical capability statements in-character....I am NOT playing according to Star Wars Wiki or Computer Game/later novel cannon. Target feeding; sharing Hyperspace coordinate plotting (Astrogation data), etc. are NOT abilities that most starfighters or shuttles have in my take on things. Basically, I'm running off of what is seen in the original 3 movies and my own imagination. I do not see the Star Wars universe as a kind of 'mirror' to our present day world; only with Lasers and Proton Torpedos as stand-ins for 20 mm cannons and missiles; I see it as much more of a WW1 or WW2 setting; only in Space.

There ARE specialized ships that can do some of the technical 'lasing', etc. that many, many real-world, present-day machines can do; but none of them are currently in your group's possession.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want to try and avoid similar problems in the future. :) I definitely do not have a very good grasp on a lot of technology or science in general; so I'm well aware that many of my rulings/ ideas may not make a lot of sense; but I figure in a world where TIE fighters roar through space; a lot of the normal rules do not apply! Also, I really dislike 'retconning' well known movies/shows/etc. using what we know now/use now/etc. which wasn't necessarily known or used by the creators of said show/story.

As an example; in the original 3 movies; missiles are really not used.....except as weapons to be used against large targets.....so more like Rockets or bombs. I very much enjoy this and really, REALLY dislike stupid novels like the X-wing book where it seems like it was always about "locking on" with missiles/torpedoes when this is pretty much NEVER done in the original movies. (I know it was done in the newer movies and that we didn't exactly get a great look at detailed Fighter operations in the movie as we only really saw 2 assaults on a planet-sized target; but hopefully you get where I'm coming from!)

So for me; I'm coming at the Star Wars Starfighter battles as much more WW1 and WW2 inspired as opposed to modern-day dogfighting.......it's not about 'getting tone' and jamming, etc.; it's about guns blazing; pulling crazy dives/rolls/Immelman's, and attacking the dangerous ship/base through the flak; etc.

Hope that helps! :)
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#495 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

what? no kick back for my blinding the frigits targeting systems with our laser guns? =D
"shoot straight, conserve ammo, watch your buddy's back, and NEVER, cut a deal, with a Dragon." Shadowrunner's words of wisdom.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#496 Post by max_vale »

Whooops.....forgot to mention that part....thanks for the reminder! :)

You CAN aim for the individual cannons (a called shot).....like Luke when when he strafes the Turbolasers on the Death Star (the first Death Star, that is).....but it won't do anything to the targeting system.

The Out Runner can't utilize the Shuttle's shields; but you CAN interpose the ship between the Frigate and it; if you like (and if La'Reth and Clark can maintain such a course as well).....if I don't hear back from Angelic in the next couple of hours or so; I'll just go with; he does crazy evasion; kinda-sort on the outside of the Shuttle and away from the Frigate.
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#497 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

yea.. the out runner will use the shuttle as a shield. it "should" be able to keep up with us because its more maneuverable, but thats up to the pilot too.

thou running away is a perfectly good option. :P
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#498 Post by max_vale »

Okay, next post is up!

-Zinn has 11 Torps remaining (you can fire 1 or 2 a round, but firing the second is a second action) and No shields in the B-Wing

-Jackson and Gavin have 1D+2 Shields remaining in the Shuttle

-La'Reth and Clark had No Shields in the Out Runner

-The Frigate's Shields have been knocked down to 3D+1 in game-mechanic terms (or just under half in how the PCs would see it on their sensors)

-Everybody except La'Reth has 1 Force Point remaining.....just in case anyone was wondering... :)

Everybody okay? Questions/Concerns?
GreyWolfVT

#499 Post by GreyWolfVT »

pew pew pew Gavin shooting the guns still

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#500 Post by max_vale »

Next post coming later today/tonight…..after a couple of lovely snow days….I should finally have a little bit of time to myself today….knock on wood….:)

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”