Bloodcurse: To Save A King

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Bloodcurse: To Save A King

#481 Post by Belkregos »

we could flush them out, block this exit and throw some burning oil down and wait for them on the other exit, if not the fire the smoke'd force them out

either way, i'm ready
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#482 Post by Alethan »

Greystone hangs back with Darkstar.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#483 Post by rtdersch »

Belkregos wrote:we could flush them out, block this exit and throw some burning oil down and wait for them on the other exit, if not the fire the smoke'd force them out

either way, i'm ready
Nokrugh smiles at the rangers "enthusiasm", "I think we can handle these dogs without burning down the village, though I'm not against it if the task proves too costly."

Allowing Oggle to take his place at the front, Nokrugh issues instructions to the remaining cast to block off the entrance to the tunnel here in the kitchen, and in the forest where the she bitch exited. He then follows Oggle into the long dark tunnel ahead of Cole and Tarrin.

Bring it Hedge, we're ready!
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#484 Post by AQuebman »

hedgeknight wrote:
Upon seeing Captain Truman Oggle snaps to attention and salutes his commanding officer. He then provides a full report of everything that has gone down the good, the bad, and the ugly. Oggle loosely listens to the conversation the party has with the barbarians but his focus is on his commanding officer and the work of the Riders.
Captain Truman listens patiently while Oggle gives his report. He looks back and forth from the dwarf to Steen and Cullen, with an occasional glance at Sgt. Broon. Once Oggle is finished, he nods and paces a bit before saying, "So, tell me, do you plan to return to Nesme? Or has this dragon god of yours shown you a new path of service?"
His words are not mocking, but rather stern and questioning. He wants an answer.
"Captain Truman Sir! While these people have been very kind and welcoming to me I made an oath to the Riders of Nesme. Bahamut guides my hand but has given me know direction one way or the other. My next direction and mission are yours to command." Oggle salutes staring at the Captain like a loyal and waiting guard dog.

OOC: Assuming the Captain doesn't give me other orders

Oggle stands up at Nokrugh's signal and meets them at the tunnel. Oggle turns to Cole with a smirk and a chuckle at his suggestion. "As much as i'd love to burn my enemies like the fires of Bahamut's breath we don't know what's down here. Perhaps not everything down here is our foe, and i'd hate to burn them alive."

Oggle then will lead the way longswords at the ready.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by hedgeknight »

Oggle descends into the cellar, followed by Nokrugh, Cole, Thurgrum, and Tarrin; Pollard stays behind with Greystone and Darkstar. Pollard hands Tarrin a torch and lights it before he enters the cellar.
Through the cellar, they enter the tunnel and proceed northward to the fork. This time Oggle takes the right fork and follows it for several feet coming to a second fork that ventures further off to the right. Oggle turns and looks at his companions as if to say "Which way?"
Nokrugh takes a sniff and examines the ground, but it is Cole who spots the tracks in the flickering light of Tarrin's torch. "Stay on the straight path - the tracks are fresher there."
Heeding Cole's advice, Oggle pushes on ahead, swords ready, the tunnel beginning to climb slightly after several more feet...that leads to yet another fork.
But from this fork, the group can see that to the left, the tunnel ends with a ladder leading up to the ceiling, while to the right, the tunnel leads to a chamber with a flickering light inside. From the chamber can be heard scuffling and grunting/muttering sounds.

Actions?
Attachments
Tunnels of Grunwald 1.JPG
Tunnels of Grunwald 1.JPG (12.69 KiB) Viewed 561 times
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#486 Post by Alethan »

Given the limited confines of the tunnel, and the location of the ladder and room indicating there is probably no other way out, Greystone hangs back and monitors the other branching passage to make sure nothing comes at them from behind...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#487 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar remains outside the tunnel but is unsure what he can do exactly to help. He looks to see if anyone else who remained outside the tunnel with him says anything. If no one does he heads back to the Kings Lodge to make sure that exit stays closed.
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#488 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin points to Thurgrum, then motions for the priest to stay in the fork as a rear guard. He points to Oggle and then to the chamber. Once the fighters are moving, he follows a short distance behind, ready to help as needed.
rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#489 Post by rtdersch »

As Oggle begins forward into the chamber ahead, Nokrugh looks back to Tarrin and with index and middle finger points to his eyes, then to the trap door to the left then at Tarrin indicating for him to keep a close eye on it.

Unstrapping his sword Nokrugh follows Oggle and prepares for combat.
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#490 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin nods. He tossed the torch onto the tunnel's floor, fished his gauntlet out of his backpack and slid it on, then nocked an arrow. Now ready, he stood and waited, watching.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#491 Post by Belkregos »

Cole takes an axe in each hand getting ready for a fight
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#493 Post by hedgeknight »

Darkstar remains outside the tunnel but is unsure what he can do exactly to help. He looks to see if anyone else who remained outside the tunnel with him says anything. If no one does he heads back to the Kings Lodge to make sure that exit stays closed.
Adain approaches the wood elf in the Stone Bow, his face dejected, lost, filled with sadness. "What do you think of all this, friend Darkstar? Such devastation...such ruthless killing...it makes no sense. The people of the Thunderbeast are good people - why did Uthgar turn his face from us?"

Back in the tunnel...
While Greystone guards the fork, the others move forward cautiously, weapons in hand, nervous but ready. Oggle is the first into the chamber, ready to fight if necessary, but instead, what he and the others see jerks their stomachs and leaves them gaping in shock. (See pic)
King Gundar writhes on the floor, grunting in pain, in misery as his body fights to control itself. Nearby is the bloodied form of a young woman...no doubt one of the barbarians of the tribe...amazingly, she is alive, but naked and battered, her flesh scored with tears and bite marks. The smell of blood and sex is pungent in the room, and Nokrugh reels from the overwhelming sense of it.
The king wear nothing but a crimson tunic - he tries to push himself forward, growling with frustration. He is fighting with all of his power not to transform...even though the full moon is a day away. Still he struggles, barely able to contain the beast within. He mouths words that make no sound...until he barely manages to say... "Kill...me..."

Actions?
Attachments
tumblr_lx459kLunj1qb81fso1_500.gif
tumblr_lx459kLunj1qb81fso1_500.gif (156.97 KiB) Viewed 534 times
Winter is coming...
rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#494 Post by rtdersch »

Gasping from the stench Nokrugh grabs Oggles shoulder to keep from granting the king his wish, then turns yelling down the hall, "Tarrin we need you!"

Once Tarrin arrives Nokrugh, holding cloth over his nose and mouth says, "Can your magics bind him so that we may take him to Pollard?"
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#495 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin hurried forward into the room, his eyes widening as he took in the scene. He thought furiously about Nokrugh's question, then straightened after a moment. In this, as in so many things in life, it was just a mater of faking it. "Most likely. Stand back."

He took a step forward and started casting. He made his gestures a bit wider and more melodramatic than normal; he wanted the man he presumed was the king to know he was casting. A few moments later his magic created heavy chains of a silvery magic to shiver out of the air and lock around the king's wrists and ankles. In moments, his hands were completely immobilized, and he only had enough chain between his ankles for a short hobble.

It was all an illusion, of course. But the king didn't look to be in much of a mind to be logically analyzing his surroundings. "Let's get him above," Tarrin said quietly. "And don't forget the woman, either."

((ooc: Cast Phantasmal Force.
Level variance: 1d20 = 18 Result: +1 level
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/ ... /))
rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#496 Post by rtdersch »

While Tarrin weaves his spell Nokrughs eyes scan the room looking for anything of interest or, another way out.

Cole, we'll never get the King all the way back to Pollard in these shackles. I heard these two from Gundars bedroom, the trap door must be close. Perhaps it's up the ladder in the side passage?
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#497 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar feels his own heart tighten up at the barbarian's words.
When my clan were killed and I alone survived I asked myself the same questions. How could this happen? Why my people? Where was The Lady of The Forest to protect us?
He pauses for a moment
I found... I found... there were no answers. No reason that I should live while everyone else I knew died. No reason my father His voice trembles Why my father would be cut down and I should live.
He looks at the barbarian with tears in his eyes
I am sorry that I cannot give you more comfort my friend. If there is a destiny for each of us, I cannot see it.
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#498 Post by Belkregos »

Cole moves to the stairs to where he thinks the trap door should be and knocks hard with the blunt of his axe

AYE, the passage is secure, open up, king needs attention!
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#499 Post by hedgeknight »

rtdersch wrote:While Tarrin weaves his spell Nokrughs eyes scan the room looking for anything of interest or, another way out.

Cole, we'll never get the King all the way back to Pollard in these shackles. I heard these two from Gundars bedroom, the trap door must be close. Perhaps it's up the ladder in the side passage?

Excellent deduction, my dear Watson! :mrgreen:

The king automatically struggles against the illusory bonds, but his mind is such that he believes himself to be truly shackled. In a few seconds, he ceases to resist and slumps back on his thighs and begins to sob quietly. "Uthgar...why? Why is this happening?" he mutters through the tears.
Cole moves to the stairs to where he thinks the trap door should be and knocks hard with the blunt of his axe. Calling out that the king needs attention, you can hear the scraping of the wooden closet being slid away and then the trap door flings open. With not a lot of effort, you are able to get King Gundar Brontoskin up the ladder and back into his private chambers.
Word passes along the tunnel and into the Stone Bow and even to those waiting outside that the king has been found...alive and relatively unharmed. This news passes through the small village like wildfire and before too long, the survivors of the wolf attacks are out in the streets, converging on the king's lodge, eager to see him or for more news.
Pollard posts guards inside and out and rushes in to see his king, fussing over him like a mother hen. The king appear completely broken in spirit. Gone is the strong ruler that greeted some of you when you first arrived in Grunwald. In his place is a lost man, almost resolved to accept his fate.
Pollard sends for Elsa and for the elfinslipper; he also sends help to the poor woman in the chamber below, ushering her down the tunnel and out through the kitchen in the Stone Bow, to an upstairs room in the tavern. He asks Thurgrum to go with her and see to her needs.

Then he shoos everyone out of the king's chamber except for he and Elsa, and the adventurers who found the king. To Tarrin he says, "Once we get the king secured...release your spell, alright? I ask that you stay with me for the next couple of hours while I administer the elfinslipper. Gods only know what might happen while the healing does its work."
He looks at all of you with a firm gaze and whispers, "If the king should...resist the treatment...I'll need your help...your swords...your magic. We cannot allow him to escape again. Do you understand?"

OOC: This is the final post in this thread. Please respond in the new thread > Bloodcurse: Into the Woods
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”