Home Sweet Home

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Home Sweet Home

#461 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"This must have been the caretaker," says Sprig. "I'll bet you somewhere around here theres a map, or a ring of keys... something." He'll examine the room for any such clues, starting with the body - the most likely place for keys. He pays particular note to the posture of the body where it lies. Did it seem to die of the "sickness" mentioned? Or possibly by violence originating from other looters? A thought suddenly occurs to him. He'll return to the adjoining doorway and watch the life-size kobold doll for any signs of movement...
I mean, it's D&D... :)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#462 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

"An excellent thought. Allow me to assist." Mac starts searching around for items of note. His searching consists of looking for books and papers at eye level and scanning the room with his gem.

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#463 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

Grossphil likes Sprig's idea and will assist in searching for any items of note within the room. He is slightly amused whenever he reaches for something that Mac or Sprig goes to take, and it seems to disappear before their very eyes. Ah how he loves invisibility.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#464 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

The first time the scarf disappears before his eyes, Mac is incredulous. "My Gods! What is this?!" The third time isn't quite as shocking. "You must look a mess with all the things you are collecting Grossphil."

Mac scans around with his gem. "Dear boy, did no one ever tell you that v-necks aren't in this year?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#465 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Caretakers Rooms
Day 3
Morning

The group gets to work searching the dozens of shelves, chests, and drawers in both rooms. With the amount of items in each room, this takes some time to do. They find that the articles of clothing are quite nice looking and made of some quality. They are valuable, but not really practical to lug around for what they might fetch in the second hand market.

There are no items of value in a sense of precious gems or metals, but every trinket looks like it meant something to its owner, and that is likely why they are placed around and displayed in such a fashion.

Grosphil and Mac play a fun little game of peek a boo with the humans favored magical item as they search, but Mac doesn't see anything out of the ordinary, other than the elf's bad choice of sweaters.

Finnigan checks out the dead body, prodding it with his ax to make sure it is really dead. The dwarf definitely knows a dead goblin when he sees one.

Sprig takes the search a bit further, actually going through the dead goblin's pockets, searching for possible clues. He finds nothing of interest on its person, but at least he is pretty certain that the creature died of natural causes, right here where it fell. No signs of foul play are found.

Sprig then moves into view of the kobold statue again, hoping it might reveal something to the gnome. It doesn't. It seems to be a normal statue, even if it is an armored kobold.

After an extensive search of both bedrooms, the party ends up with nothing more than they started with. Sprig coughs into his fist a little bit.

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Zefarrel 20/20 1/4 first 3/3 second
Grossphil 16/16 2/2 first 1/1 second Invisible
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#466 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan examines the statue more closely, checking for parts that might move or pivot and seeing if it is fastened to the floor. He also checks to see if it is hollow...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#467 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"I wonder if it was a kobold that was somehow turned to stone?"

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#468 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Sprig coughs into his fist a little bit." Uh, oh... :)
Sprig will approach and examine the kobold statue more closely, once he's pretty certain it's not going to move. He'll then carefully examine the walls for any signs of secret doors or compartments...

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#469 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

"Well. This has been informative. A second hallway, a mysterious master and dying servants. The plot, as they say, thickens."

Mac tosses the last garment back where he found it and moves back out of the bedroom. "Where now? Another wooden door?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#470 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Servants Rooms
Day 3
Morning

Finnigan checks over the statue of the kobold with great detail, discovering that it is nothing more than a normal statue. He finds nothing of interest on it, or in it. It does seem solid and hides no secrets. It is not attached to the floor in any way and can be moved around freely. There is nothing but flattened carpet underneath.

Sprig checks out the rest of the walls and floors in both rooms, also finding nothing hidden or concealed. He feels a little weird.

Mac suggests checking the other wooden door, across the hall from this room.

Actions?
IMG_2141.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG (253.57 KiB) Viewed 300 times
Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#471 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan agrees with checking the other door. He does so.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#472 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: She goes with the dwarf to back him up when he opens the door.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#473 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Do I look pale to you, Mac? I don't feel great. Does everyone else feel ok?" says Sprig, moving to assist Finnegan and check for traps on the door across the hallway.
I think I caught a cold, guys. I'm sure it'll be fine... :shock: :)

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#474 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

Mac takes a good long look at Sprig. "Hmmm. Nothing jumps out at me. Perhaps life in this place doesn't suit you." He involuntarily takes a step back and continues. "That note did say something about people getting ill. You don't suppose it's related?"

"I'm not the man to talk to about such things." He gets a gleam in his eyes and continues. "Perhaps Grossphil may know more."

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#475 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

Grossphil pales (granted he's invisible so no one can see the panic) and he takes care to step well clear from Sprig. He pulls out his "speaking cloth" and then begins speaking very quickly and spiritedly, "What did you touch that no one else touched Sprig? Are your rations different than the rest of us? Does anyone else believe they're infected? Perhaps you have an iron deficiency and you're feeling woozy and pale? Or perhaps this is the common flu, which kills more men than a sword? Regardless, we may need to quarantine the gnome as soon as possible before we all get the disease passed on to us..."

As he continues his ramblings, he's constantly looking around him to make sure nothing abnormal is making any physical contact with his person.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#476 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Servants Rooms
Day 3
Morning

Fin pushes open the next forced door and it swings into another room with the same dimensions as the others. This one is pitch dark however, and you can see that the magic lights along the ceiling have been shuttered in here. From the light in the hall, you can see shapes of normal furniture and rubbish strewn all over the floor.

As Finnigan and Zafarrel are about to walk in, Sprig sneaks up in between them to stop their progress. He looks around at the open door frame and then along the floor. He spots a trip wire set amongst the refuse, just inside the doorway of the room. He sneezes as he points it out to the others. Mac and Grossphil take 2 more steps away from the gnome as they discuss his possible conditions.

Actions?

Elitir 21/22
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#477 Post by Rex »

Elitir

After Sprig points out the trip wire. "Can you tell what it does? We need more light in here."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#478 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan shrugs, "I've got nothing..."

He tries to think if there is a portable source of light they saw in the room with the body...

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#479 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"I... ah... did touch the body. You know. Of the servant who died of illness?" Sprig sighs. He takes a few steps away from the others. "Best give me a wide berth. ...Did anyone bring any torches? I don't have any."

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#480 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: Good job Sprig. As to a light source: I have a tinder box, but no torches. And no light spell prepared. The magic of curing disease is unfortunately beyond my skill.

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”