Adventure Section 1.0

Harpoonrgm84a
pdunwin
Scout
Scout

Re: Adventure Section 1.0

#41 Post by pdunwin »

Borble leaves cover and trundle up to the group. His skin ripples as he tries to "catch his breath," as lungfolk say.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#42 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Kirohk looks at T'prin and says, "Look, we have a beef with Garret, not you. It is in your best interest to leave the area before things get out of hand. Look the other way, and we will leave without further incident."

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Teflon »

"well i had beef as soon as you started shooting in an area filled with people that had nothing to do with your beef"
I also keep an eye on the hostage make sure he dosen't pull a fade.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

The 'hostage' comes up to T'prin, extends his hand and says, "Thank you for helping me, My name is Herve Garret of Garret Mining. It seems you are more capable than the two morons that were my bodyguards. I am not sure why my employees are attacking me." Suddenly, he sits down and starts shaking as the realization of what happened gets to him.

After 2 minutes, emergency services show up, the police handcuff the 4 attackers and put them in the waiting vehicle. You also see paramedics on the scene tending to any wounded. The police question Garret as well as T'prin, Vigg, and Borble about what you saw.

cryominer
Scout
Scout

#45 Post by cryominer »

Vigg is bewildered and confesses to throwing the grenades to stop the gun-humans.

Toward the end of the conversation, Vigg tells the police, "then these humans started asking these humans about 'beef', and I'm fairly certain that is the meat of a domesticated animal so I think that this might have been a disagreement over food. Is that what it was? If so, why is everyone shooting everyone....? The madness!"

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Teflon »

T'prin cooperates fully with security, telling them everything including when i first noticed the humans

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Very good. Is there anything anyone wants to do with the 4 hostiles before they are hauled off? If not, I need you three to make Intuition checks for me. Also, you notice the man, Garret, has walked up behind you and is patiently waiting for you to finish.

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by Teflon »

T'prin
int check
[1d100] = 94

nope, unless it has a flashing neon sign attached i notice nothing

pdunwin
Scout
Scout

#49 Post by pdunwin »

Borble:
INT check vs. 35: [1d100] = 27

So, we don't have to take any action to trigger an INT check?

cryominer
Scout
Scout

#50 Post by cryominer »

Vigg INT check... vs 55

[1d100] = 27

Huh? Who dat?

Hagakuri
Runner
Runner

#51 Post by Hagakuri »

Thomas has been perusing the wares of the vendor with the "artifacts" and has watched this whole scene play out. He is carefully observing the interaction of the "hostage" and the three individuals who thwarted the assault.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#52 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Okay everyone, Garret shakes his head after the criminals are hauled away. He starts kicking at some of the fruit and vegetables on the ground. His two body guards come up to him after being revived. Garret glares at them before shouting at them. " I thought you two were watching what was happening here! You let four armed people threaten me in public! Your contracts are nullified immediately! Now, get out of my sight before I site you for dereliction of duty!" The two guards walk away mumbling under their breath. After he calms down, Garret turns to you and says, "Thank you again for your help. I have a proposition for you. If you are interested, please follow me to my office."

Garret turns and strides toward the Garret Mining office to the northeast. All around you, the plaza is returning to normal as people go back to their activities.

pdunwin
Scout
Scout

#53 Post by pdunwin »

Borble stows his spear and looks around at his friends and the other interested parties. He gives a rippling dralasitian shrug and follows after the human.

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by Teflon »

so Borble, Vigg we interested, i for one could use a distraction so i'm in
i'm going to start heading after the mining gentleman

Hagakuri
Runner
Runner

#55 Post by Hagakuri »

Thomas approaches the Dralasite and introduces himself, and asks if he and his friends would be opposed to a tag-along.

pdunwin
Scout
Scout

#56 Post by pdunwin »

Borble looks Thomas over. "It's fine with me. The invitation was non-specific. You didn't lose your head back there like some of the others, so your as qualified as I am for whatever he has in mind. Which, by the way, he hasn't said."

Teflon
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Teflon »

the more the merrier.

Hagakuri
Runner
Runner

#58 Post by Hagakuri »

"I appreciate the kindness. The name is Thomas, Thomas Dagney." Thomas falls in behind the others as they follow the mining fellow.

MajorTom
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by MajorTom »

As Garrett leads the way to the mining office after his offer of possible employment, another man joins the queue of people following him. He is a tall, muscular human barely into adulthood. He is carrying a knapsack. He arrived late to the fracas and seemed disappointed that it was all over by the time he arrived. He doesn't know any of the other people following Garrett but decides to invite himself and see where it leads.

Harpoonrgm84a
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by Harpoonrgm84a »

Ok, Garret walks through the front door and a fairly attractive human female stands up and says, "Good morning, Mister Garret. How are you doing today?"
Garret stops and looks at the secretary and replies, "Good morning, Miss Pheonas. If you don't mind, would you take an early lunch and take your time. I need to have a private meeting with these people."

The secretary glances your group over, frowns a bit, then grabs her satchel and saunters out the door. After she is gone, Garret goes to the door and locks it, then walks to another desk in a back room, beckoning you follow. Inside, you see a 3 meter long conference table with a dozen chairs around it and Garret invites you to sit at the table. He then gestures to a wet bar in the corner with several bottles and glasses on it, "Please, help yourself to some Denarian Whiskey or Blandian Rum if you desire." Garret pours himself a large glass, takes a large drink and then sits behind the desk. He waits for everyone to get settled before starting;

"Well, this day didn't quite go the way I wanted. Being attacked by four of my own employees in a crowded plaza! Look, gentle beings, I need to find get to the bottom of this and I really could use your help in this matter. If you are available, I would like to hire you as 'consultants' to assist me. But, before we get started, I would like some advice on how to handle this situation. My mine is on Pale, in this system, but I am a numbers man; dealing with the everyday finances of my operation, not someone who is up on betrayal of this kind. I can deal with the nitwits who try to hedge me out using money, but this is way out of my area of expertise. So, any and all of you, please, give me some ideas how to handle this."

Garret leans toward you waiting to hear your ideas....

<By the way, guys, if you don't have any inputs, just let me know. I want to give everyone a chance to chime in or just sit back and watch if you have no input.>
Last edited by Harpoonrgm84a on Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Star Frontiers Alpha 1.0 (Advanced Rules)”