In Game Thread

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: In Game Thread

#42 Post by onlyme »

Poison saving throw >=9: [1d20] = 19

take that Mr poisoner...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Recklessfireball »

Well, somebody had to fail... :D
Poison save [1d20] = 6
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by Vargr1105 »

Oiran Saving Throw vs. Poison (9): [1d20] = 2

Misery needs company Recklessfireball ;)
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Bhart »

Damage from the poisonous air...
Sterling: 2
Thundrigore:4
Oiran:4
Leomar: 4 (It's been 24 hours since his last post so I rolled for him to keep things moving)
Xam: 2
Rollo: 2
Angelicdoctor: 2

You have been in this chamber only about 10 minutes and the foul air has started to take it's toll. Cirdan's discovery of the dead birds and the weakness you are feeling makes it clear that your time is limited. If you cannot find a way out you will all die here.
Attachments
Vault of chicomoztoc4.png
Vault of chicomoztoc4.png (342.64 KiB) Viewed 683 times
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by max_vale »

Xam's head aches and his vision seems to swim as he sees blurry figures move in and out of his field of sight. He has hazy memories of commenting about how he had never seen such a voluptous snake-lady statue to one of the Olman islanders; who apparently did not much care for his comments as the next thing he knew; he and his companions were being chased by overwhelming numbers of well-armed natives....

Then he remembered falling; and the rest was a blur. Shaking his head; Xam came back to reality and he saw that his fellow adventurers were fanning out through a very large room in some kind of stone struture. His warrior instincts belatedly kicked in and he drew his Longbow and nocked and arrow. Wrinkling his nose; he hacked a bit as he inhaled the noxious vapors in the room and he quickly moved towards the front rank....

Saving Throw: : [1d20] = 18
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by onlyme »

Bhart wrote:Rollo: The door is carved with a sun symbol and appears to open into the
room; there are hinges on this side and scratches arcing across the floor. There is
no visible lock or handle. Eight holes seem to have been bored into the door; they
are about 1" in diameter, but nothing can be seen in them. The door seems to be
fairly thick. The lintel is arched and there is a keystone at the top.

Sterling and Oiran: ... You have one of the blocks partly worked out of the wall. Do you want to continue?

Any thoughts on preferred method? ie. do we risk a collapse by removing anther block? Someone to attempt to remove the door? break hinges or stick something in the holes to pull it back?

How big a block was it? i.e. how many before we could crawl through?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Slighted
Scout
Scout

#48 Post by Slighted »

Barely hiding his panic, Rollo moves closer to the door. Any reason not to try this door? Someone help me. Keep working on those stones, but I feel we must try any option of escape.

Although not touching the door yet, Rollo moves closer to it. If no one intervenes after a reasonable pause (10 seconds?), he begins visually searching the door from a very close range (about a foot away and holding up his sword for light).
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#49 Post by angelicdoctor »

onlyme wrote:
Bhart wrote:Rollo: The door is carved with a sun symbol and appears to open into the
room; there are hinges on this side and scratches arcing across the floor. There is
no visible lock or handle. Eight holes seem to have been bored into the door; they

Sterling and Oiran: ... You have one of the blocks partly worked out of the wall. Do you want to continue?

Any thoughts on preferred method? ie. do we risk a collapse by removing anther block? Someone to attempt to remove the door? break hinges or stick something in the holes to pull it back?

Recovering moderately well from the noxious invader with a few coughs, Cirdan makes his way over to the portal. Laying down his bow for a few moments he begins to feel around for any discernible lever or mechanism which would allow passage. After a few moments of ineffectual searching he offers, Perhaps the method for moving beyond the door lies somewhere in this chamber, possibly hidden in plain sight.

He turns his gaze to the centerpiece of the room and cautiously walks towards it. Your grace, what do you make of this display? Odd it is, that the only item of a different substance is this shepherd's staff...
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by Bhart »

onlyme wrote:

The block is about the size of a watermelon. Too small for any of you to fit through with out removing 3 more blocks.
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by Bhart »

Slighted wrote:Barely hiding his panic, Rollo moves closer to the door. Any reason not to try this door? Someone help me. Keep working on those stones, but I feel we must try any option of escape.

Although not touching the door yet, Rollo moves closer to it. If no one intervenes after a reasonable pause (10 seconds?), he begins visually searching the door from a very close range (about a foot away and holding up his sword for light).
Rollo can see that the door is made of gray stone. It fits very tightly in the doorway leaving no gaps around its edges. The sun has a grinning skull face etched into it with eyes looking up toward the ceiling. The 8 holes are in 2 groups of 4, arranged in a square like the pips on a die. Both groups are located on the opposite edge of the door from the hinges. You notice that several of them have small splinters of wood debris in them. The hinges are made of some tarnished metal, maybe brass?
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Bhart »

angelicdoctor wrote:
onlyme wrote:

Recovering moderately well from the noxious invader with a few coughs, Cirdan makes his way over to the portal. Laying down his bow for a few moments he begins to feel around for any discernible lever or mechanism which would allow passage. After a few moments of ineffectual searching he offers, Perhaps the method for moving beyond the door lies somewhere in this chamber, possibly hidden in plain sight.

He turns his gaze to the centerpiece of the room and cautiously walks towards it. Your grace, what do you make of this display? Odd it is, that the only item of a different substance is this shepherd's staff...

The staff does look too big for the figure now that you take a closer look.
Slighted
Scout
Scout

#53 Post by Slighted »

Turning towards the group, Rollo relays what he sees. Maybe some part of one or more of these figurines fit in the door's holes?
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by Vargr1105 »

Bhart wrote:The block is about the size of a watermelon. Too small for any of you to fit through with out removing 3 more blocks.
After dealing with the sudden wave of nausea that assailed him Oiran shines the light from his hooded lantern into the vacant space on the wall left by the removal of a block.

Trying to determine if there is a passage on the other side of the wall and taking out more bricks seems like a worthy endeavor .
Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by Recklessfireball »

Turning towards the group, Rollo relays what he sees. Maybe some part of one or more of these figurines fit in the door's holes?
Thrundrigore considers his companions comments and studies the figurines in the alcove, scratching his jowly face thoughtfully. Then he walks forward an additional ten feet and turns, facing alcove E, and murmurs under his breath, "I wonder..."

Chanting softly, he casts Detect Magic, scanning the room in a 120 degree arc, starting at alcove E then slowly turning to sweep alcove F, the central diorama, the doors in the east wall, and alcoves C and B.
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:
Bhart wrote:The block is about the size of a watermelon. Too small for any of you to fit through with out removing 3 more blocks.
After dealing with the sudden wave of nausea that assailed him Oiran shines the light from his hooded lantern into the vacant space on the wall left by the removal of a block.

Trying to determine if there is a passage on the other side of the wall and taking out more bricks seems like a worthy endeavor .
Sorry I was not clear in that earlier post. You don't have the stone out yet. It is loose and pulled out slightly. There was a rumble and some debris fell from the cieling. Do you want to continue?
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Bhart »

Recklessfireball wrote:
Thrundrigore considers his companions comments and studies the figurines in the alcove, scratching his jowly face thoughtfully. Then he walks forward an additional ten feet and turns, facing alcove E, and murmurs under his breath, "I wonder..."

Chanting softly, he casts Detect Magic, scanning the room in a 120 degree arc, starting at alcove E then slowly turning to sweep alcove F, the central diorama, the doors in the east wall, and alcoves C and B.
The only thing radiating a magic aura are the figurines in the niches. The figures in the dome display seem to be mundane.
Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by Recklessfireball »

"Hmm," remarks the magic user. "Interesting. I've just cast a divination to detect sorcery. The little idols in the alcoves radiate magic. The doors and the diorama in the center, as near as I can tell, are mundane."
The mage pauses, pats his ample belly thoughtfully, then adds, "I'm tempted to take the figurines and put them in my satchel for later study, but I've no idea of the nature of the enchantment. They might be relatively benign but, on the other hand, they might also explode or curse us or turn us to stone, if we touch them."

Frowning uncertainly, he stares at the little statues with a mixture of curiosity, greed and apprehension.
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#59 Post by Vargr1105 »

Bhart wrote:Sorry I was not clear in that earlier post. You don't have the stone out yet. It is loose and pulled out slightly. There was a rumble and some debris fell from the cieling. Do you want to continue?
What the heck, Oiran will go for broke. Pry that stone loose!
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#60 Post by Dogma »

Taking a cue from Cirdan's comment, Leomar lightly grabs the shepard's staff and attempts to twist or pull it. "Maybe this is mechanism to unlock the door. I have seen such before in my... uhm...past adventures."

Return to “The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan - 1ed”