The Saucy Centaur (OOC)

qazbnm
Strider
Strider

Re: The Saucy Centaur (OOC)

#41 Post by qazbnm »

Sorry for my absence, I was going to post yesterday but then some things got in the way. I'm back now doing some lousy rolls :D
triplehappiness
Scout
Scout

#42 Post by triplehappiness »

Speaking of absences, I'll be leaving to take the kids to Disney on Monday. I'll have limited access but hopefully be able to post at least once a day, but if I go dark for longer than that you'll know why. Feel free to fade my characters into the background, or simply have Crenshaw kill everything with arrows while Herbert runs around doing mostly nothing. So, business as usual. :)
dok-el
Guide
Guide

#43 Post by dok-el »

IC is open for round 3 actions :)
dok-el
Guide
Guide

#44 Post by dok-el »

triplehappiness wrote:Speaking of absences, I'll be leaving to take the kids to Disney on Monday. I'll have limited access but hopefully be able to post at least once a day, but if I go dark for longer than that you'll know why. Feel free to fade my characters into the background, or simply have Crenshaw kill everything with arrows while Herbert runs around doing mostly nothing. So, business as usual. :)
Thanks for the heads up :)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Zhym »

I'm going to be away on vacation from tomorrow through Thursday, so please NPC Zanzibar and Reginald as needed. Thanks.
dok-el
Guide
Guide

#46 Post by dok-el »

Hi,

I was wondering how people would feel about converting the game over to the DCC rpg? Same characters, continuation of the same narrative, different rules set. If people have the time I would appreciate a 1-5 'vote' on the idea. With 1 being "oh god please noooo!!!" to 5 being "nothing would make me happier". And please feel free to elaborate.

I appreciate that one obstacle is the relatively high price of the core book, even in electronic form. My feeling is that people could still play without the main book. There are free quickstart rules covering character creation available online, and also a freely downloadable 'reference book' pdf that includes all the charts from the game (of which there are many). After that, it's basically D&D. D20 to hit (modified by AC), saving throws, fighters, mages, clerics etc. FYI: The 'beta' rules are in some ways quite different to the finished rules and IMHO best avoided.

So, what do people think?
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Antman9 »

DCC RPG??????

Uuummmmm.....3.5

5 if everyone else is up for it. I'm good either way.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
FlightlessScotsman
Tracker
Tracker

#48 Post by FlightlessScotsman »

I love DCC RPG. I'm all for it.

Also between the reference sheets and the the purple sorcerer app most people can get by just fine.
"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do." - Larry Kersten
dok-el
Guide
Guide

#49 Post by dok-el »

FlightlessScotsman wrote:(Don't know if you want me to roleplay the trap search or just have you roll for it, but I figured, 'what the hell')
Roleplaying is always good :) And will almost certainly earn you a positive dice modifier. However, I will ultimately resolve with a roll, rather than simply making an arbitrary decision. It feels more objectively fair to me, even though low level thief skills kinda suck.
FlightlessScotsman
Tracker
Tracker

#50 Post by FlightlessScotsman »

Fair 'nuff and that's a good way to handle it.
"When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do." - Larry Kersten
qazbnm
Strider
Strider

#51 Post by qazbnm »

I don't have DCC rulebook but I think the ruleset is quite interesting and have wanted to check it out. It would be an excellent excuse to buy the book.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Zhym »

I'd prefer to stay with S&W, personally.
dok-el
Guide
Guide

#53 Post by dok-el »

Okay it looks like the majority vote is for returning to town, so that's what I'll narrate the party doing when I post an update to the IC.

You guys need to decide how long you want to spend in town. Your options are:

1) A single night: Rest, recall spells and do some shopping. And that's about all.

2) 'A few days': All the above plus some 'downtime activities (ie exchange gold for xp) and full healing of wounds.

The downside of option 2 is that stuff is more likely to be different at the Castle when you return, ie there is more chance of new monsters moving in to cleared areas, new bandits being recruited, traps being reset etc.

The choice is yours. I will make another post to let you know how much gold and xp you have shortly.
dok-el
Guide
Guide

#54 Post by dok-el »

Running totals - Combat XP and Loot

Marcus: 154
Katarina: 154
Zanzibar: 154
Reginald: 154
Himmel: 154
Werhas: 0
Loman: 89
Arnthorr: 89
Herbert: 89
Crenshaw: 89

Gold: 240gp
Gems & Jewelry: 700g
Magic items: Potion of Healing x 2 (200 xp), Scroll of Knock (100 xp), Scroll of Sleep (100 xp), Scroll of Clairvoyance (100 xp), Potion of Strength (100 xp), 6 +1 Arrows (1000 xp)

The first list is individual awards for killing things plus a couple of bonuses for sneakiness and ingenuity (whilst attempting to kill things).

Xp for magic items is divided equally between all survivors. Assuming you all make it back into town ( ;) ) that's 160 xp each.

A straight split on the gold and jewels gives 94 gp each then it's up to each individual to decide what they want to do with their share (including conversion into extra xp).

Each individual character's final total for xp then needs to be modified by any bonuses (ie prime stat and/or Wis and/or Cha of 13+).

Edit: I nearly forgot to list Werhas, although I've included him in the split of loot. Just have to put it down to good timing on his part :)
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by Antman9 »

My vote is Option 1 since we haven't accrued all that much in the way of Gold or XP yet. Do we have a place where we can keep our loot while out adventuring?

Magic items: Potion of Healing x 2 (200 xp), Scroll of Knock (100 xp), Scroll of Sleep (100 xp), Scroll of Clairvoyance (100 xp), Potion of Strength (100 xp), 6 +1 Arrows (1000 xp)
As far as treasure goes, Himmel isn't too big on Scrolls but will take any the other wizard(s) don't want. His interests lie more in the adventuring knowledge area and acquiring wealth for future training, etc. He will take a potion of healing if offered though.

Werhas doesn't think he needs a potion of strength or health (He's not too bright). He's looking for more fancy weapons and such stuffs.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by Zhym »

I agree that Option 1 is preferable at this time.
FlightlessScotsman
Tracker
Tracker

#57 Post by FlightlessScotsman »

Option 1 is fine by me. I want to swap out a spell and try to trade Arnthorr's shortbow for a longbow.
FlightlessScotsman
Tracker
Tracker

#58 Post by FlightlessScotsman »

On that note, would anybody object if Arnthorr takes his cut of the gold now so he can actually buy that longbow? :D
dok-el
Guide
Guide

#59 Post by dok-el »

FlightlessScotsman wrote:On that note, would anybody object if Arnthorr takes his cut of the gold now so he can actually buy that longbow? :D
Hmmm, I don't want to get bogged down too much in economic details. Perhaps some sort of bank will open later, but probably not. Let's just assume that a code of honour exists in town and that adventurers do not steal from other adventurers. So, anything left in town is safe.

As far as the current loot goes I would suggest simply splitting it and everyone worrying about their own share rather than burying it, or anything more elaborate.

You might also want to think about agreeing on a system for distributing magic items as so far it has pretty much been first come first served. Which is almost certainly going to lead to someone getting annoyed at some point.
dok-el
Guide
Guide

#60 Post by dok-el »

Edit: deleted.

I changed my mind about introducing a rudimentary banking system as the bookkeeping seems kind of like it would be a pain in the ass :P

Here's the simplest idea: When you get back to town the spendable loot (gold and gems) gets split straight away. Everyone is then responsible for his or her own share. Anything left in town will not be stolen. That is all :)
Last edited by dok-el on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Castle of the Mad Archmage (S&W)”