Synthalus
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Chapter:1 Home sweet Gnome!

#41 Post by Synthalus »

SOTHA SIL

Sotha Sil says to Saph and anyone listening;

" If successful all jagged rose members still alive will receive 15,000GP from the College of mages in Pandathaway also Honorary membership to the MU college. With this membership the company of the Jagged rose can petition for royal patronage as a sanctioned adventuring company of the realm. Prestige is its own reward.
"that is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons death may die"

-H.P. Lovecraft
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur "Both. Glad we are on the same page Elf. This could turn out to be a very good adventure yet." to Sotha sill after hearing payment "Guess you are such a bad mage after all."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Nordbo »

Thurgot

curious about the Arena, and how it may be interesting as a large-scale way of sending voluntary participants into the after-life (and thus potential re-birth), asks "I could treat you to a spectator's ticket, if anyone else is thinking of going?"
GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur in reply to Thurgot "I appreciate the offer Thurgot but Blood Sport is not for me on this day. Perhaps on another day."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Synthalus »

NARRATOR

As the groups sits and converses among themselves the taproom begins to fill up with the afternoon and night time patrons. The crowd is comprised of mostly gnomes, a handful of dwarves and humans, and one or two elves. A troubadour takes the small stage only about 4'x4' wide located close to the entrance a begins to play jaunty tavern music, sing merrily in gnomish about a fair maiden rescued by a banished knight that reclaims his honor in so doing (For those that can speak gnomish only otherwise the song sounds similar to the Christmas song )

A small group of four gnomes (no pun intended) wearing leather armor with dark brown hooded cloaks and short swords buckled to their hips enter the Taproom and are seated by Elsa in the back right corner of the taproom away from the rest of the crowd. They appear to start playing some kind of dice game to themselves.

The proprietor of the Inn (Black Adder or just black to his friends) Comes down the stairs and relieves to daytime bar keep of his shift and begins to bartend and make conversation with his guests.

All and all the taproom slowly turns into a lively festive place full of merriment, drinking and good conversation after a long days work.

-H.P. Lovecraft
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by Nordbo »

Thurgot

looks around, thinking I must be in gnome-man's land while checking if he can spot any other holy men in the crowd.
GreyWolfVT

#47 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur walks over to the gnome's playing their private game "Fancy letting in a cousin to play or if not mind if i watch?" he then smiles at the gnomes as he awaits their reply.

Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#48 Post by Synthalus »

BRUNO

One of the Gnomes, clearly the leader looks the dwarf over as if mentally gauging him. After a small pause he says;

"Show us your money first and then maybe we can talk about letting you pay!"

Just then one of the other gnomes speaks out of turn and says;

What Bruno means to say is we are playing Three knuckle high/low and the starting bid is 10GP, its probably to rich for your blood!

Bruno seems infuriated with the lesser gnome and says;

" Hold your tongue Wort! Just because you are sten's kin doesn't mean you can dismiss your superior! now sit down a shut up before I bloody your face for talking over me like that."

Bruno turns to the dwarf again and says;

" Like I said, show us your money up front and we can talk about letting you play. Do you know how to play Three knuckle high/low?

-H.P. Lovecraft
GreyWolfVT

#49 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur turns around reaches into a pocket and pulls forth 50gp turns around with the gold in his balled up fist opens it to Bruno "Aye fifty gold should be fine for starters yes? What say you now Bruno?"

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx walks up to the group of dice players about 10 minutes behind Zendur to the other side of the table across from him. Hey dwarf do ya mind if I get in your game. How much does it cost to get in?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zendur "They told me 10 gold starting bid."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Dram »

Saphjawx- Tis not your game my friend? Do you mind if I sit with you guys. He asks the Gnomes. He pulls out 50Gp. Grabs a empty seat from one of the nearby table. And sits at the table
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by Synthalus »

BRUNO

Bruno Looks at both newcomers and their money with new found vigor and says;

" Of course gentlemen have a seat and lets play! but let me first explain the rules of Three knuckle high/low. first you roll 1D10 Then 1D8 then 1D6. On each roll the goal is to beat your opponents roll. At the end the opponent with the most wins is the winner, Savvy?

Bruno drops 10 GP on the table and challenges the dwarf to the first game, thusly he rolls 1D10

[1D10] = 6

-H.P. Lovecraft
GreyWolfVT

#54 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zender places 10 gp down "Aye I understand how ta play." the dwarf grabs the d10 and rolls it then the next as he is directed made a macro for this knucle high low game Knuckle High/low [1d10] = 3 [1d8] = 8 [1d6] = 4

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Grognardsw »

Ariknoq Teronqar, fighter-cleric / inn

Nordbo wrote:Thurgot

curious about the Arena, and how it may be interesting as a large-scale way of sending voluntary participants into the after-life (and thus potential re-birth), asks "I could treat you to a spectator's ticket, if anyone else is thinking of going?"
"I will spill blood in the arena for the glory of Qord," exclaims the Holy Fury. "Will you bring mace to bear good Thurgot? Come, smash skulls and send evil monsters to hell."
Synthalus
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Synthalus »

BRUNO

Bruno rolls his last two knuckles with a smirk on his face

Knuckle High/low [1d8] = 2 [1d6] = 2

Bruno Furiously exclaims in frustration;

" Damn it! Confounded dice! It must be beginners luck! Ill wager two more games but after that im out who wants next game? Elf or Dwarf?

WORT

Wort speaks up again and this time address the elf this time;

" Lets go elf, you and me! put your money where your mouth is!

EGGLEND

The older looking third gnome named Egglend orders a drink from Elsa and asks the elf and dwarf a question;

My two companions here are very eager to win or lose all their money tonight it seems. But there is one thing they missed in their zeal for all that glitters, Who are you? What are your names? I am Egglend, this is Bruno the mad, and our young companion is Wort son of Sten.

BRUNO

" You are new here but I suspect you know who Sten is already, am I right? or do I have to spell it out for you in common?

WORT

Wort butts in again and says;

" Yeah In common so's you can understands it!"

EGGLEND

Egglend reprimands Wort;

"Wort you have already been told once do not interrupt me or Bruno again. We can handle this without your mouth running all the time"
Last edited by Synthalus on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-H.P. Lovecraft
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by Nordbo »

"Will you bring mace to bear good Thurgot?
Thurgot ponders...."Aha, good Sir - if you put it that way, how can a Norseman refuse. In that case, let us each pay for our own fate. But pray, would you enter as the 'elite' contestant you obviously look to be ? Or would you give the sinners a sporting chance by bearing 'medium' colours on the playing field." and starts polishing his mace.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by saalaria »

"I'll come with you lads to the arena, I want to check out the action before diving in."
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Grognardsw »

Ariknoq, the Holy Fury / inn

"I have heard that the 'high' caste of monster seems fit challenge," Ariknoq answers Thurgot. "Choice of steel and spell is ours, though the challenger will be fit to face us. Cunning should guide our strokes as much as strength; let us give thought to strategy."

The half-orc decides to sample the gnome brandy and orders a cup along with mutton and bread. He hears the gambling going on nearby.
Synthalus wrote:Subject: Chapter:1 Home sweet Gnome!
Grognardsw wrote:
Do we know what level "mid" "high" and "elite" equates to?
Mid=3-5 HD monster
High=6-10 HD monster
Elite=10-20 HD monster
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by Nordbo »

Thurgot

to Ariknoq: "Steel and spell! By Vidar, 'tis all we need for a sacred skirmish. And some sturdy fare, of course" - and orders mutton as well; but with mead, if available.

Return to “The Forgotten Temple of Thurizdun (1e)”