OOC IX

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC IX

#41 Post by Atlictoatl »

Do you want us to pick one for the entire army, or do you want each individual PC to have their own?
Your choice. My assumption was each PC might want their own.
Ah, my apologies. I'd assumed this exchange referred to the battle standards each company flew, but I see now that it was referring to an identifier to be "sewn onto tabards or painted on shields".

Anyways, this is the standard we all mustered under:
viewtopic.php?p=132542#p132542

He also commands that the city's seamstresses should make a number of battle standards for the heroes and their followers. He suggests a design of a white skull, surrounded by black flames, on a red field.
I'm still gunning for Severi buying us all leather trenchcoats. Next we just need to get Severi a flaming helmet and a spirited steed.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by Wyzard »

Yeah, see, I thought we ended up ditching that and using our own.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by thirdkingdom »

Hmm. I guess that was unclear. Well, as far as I'm concerned y'all have Schrodinger's Standard and can choose what it looks like.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#44 Post by Alethan »

thirdkingdom wrote:y'all have Schrodinger's Standard and can choose what it looks like.
Well... could be worse. We could have Rorschach's Standard!
Rorschach Standard.JPG
Rorschach Standard.JPG (27.99 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Wyzard »

Looks like a dog with its head split open.
Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by Atlictoatl »

No, that's an elf squeezing the life-blood out of two goblins.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Wyzard »

Wyzard wrote:Looks like a dog with its head split open.
(I am going to be kind of embarrassed if anyone doesn't get this, and thinks I'm just being morbid.)
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by thirdkingdom »

Wyzard wrote:
Wyzard wrote:Looks like a dog with its head split open.
(I am going to be kind of embarrassed if anyone doesn't get this, and thinks I'm just being morbid.)
The Watchmen?
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#49 Post by Alethan »

Rampant Griffons on a scarab beetle
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by Wyzard »

Yeah. One of the better scenes, IMO.
Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by Atlictoatl »

Alethan wrote:Well... could be worse. We could have Rorschach's Standard!
I'd assumed this was stating the standard of Rorschach from Watchmen, though Al probably meant the real Rorschach.

Were the Watchmen Rorschach a medieval fantasy character, that'd totally be a goblin with its head split open.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#52 Post by Alethan »

Atlictoatl wrote:
Alethan wrote:Well... could be worse. We could have Rorschach's Standard!
I'd assumed this was stating the standard of Rorschach from Watchmen, though Al probably meant the real Rorschach.

Were the Watchmen Rorschach a medieval fantasy character, that'd totally be a goblin with its head split open.
Yeah, sorry, I was going real and not Watchmen, though I did immediately get the reference when Wyzard made it. Sorry, Art History degree trumps comic book movies in the folds of my little grey matter.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by thirdkingdom »

Rather than wait for everyone to address what the Baron said, I'm going to jump forward later tonight and let everyone know what magical items they have. Would it be possible to get a compiled list of the items to be IDed? I've got a general idea, but want to be sure I don't miss anything. If anyone wants to add anything, or do anything special during the one week downtime, we can retcon it.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by Wyzard »

Urgghhhhhh, I had a list of loot from the last adventure but it's in the other OOC thread. I can dig it up but it might take me a while, I'm trying to get those last few Friday Afternoon Phone Calls out of the way.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by thirdkingdom »

Wyzard wrote:Urgghhhhhh, I had a list of loot from the last adventure but it's in the other OOC thread. I can dig it up but it might take me a while, I'm trying to get those last few Friday Afternoon Phone Calls out of the way.
Glancing back through the thread it looks like a statue and three rings.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#56 Post by Wyzard »

Ah! Sounds right. We have two new Troll Rings, and we were going to throw a Detect Magic over the goblin figurines, IIRC.

Guys, am I missing stuff?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by thirdkingdom »

Wyzard wrote:Ah! Sounds right. We have two new Troll Rings, and we were going to throw a Detect Magic over the goblin figurines, IIRC.

Guys, am I missing stuff?
The goblin figurines aren't magical. They're more, like, some bored yet fairly talented goblin went to work on a bunch of ivory.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#58 Post by Alethan »

Didn't we have some other things to ID? Like going back as far as to the skeleton of the taller humanoid with the ring on its finger? The one that was completely untarnished after hundreds of years?

We need to start doing a better job of tracking this kind of stuff. Me included.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Wyzard »

I have a silver ring and a warm statue in the list of treasure Severi is carrying, those were from the last dungeon. If the rest of you guys aren't keeping track of stuff on your own sheets, I don't know what to say. Presumably the three of us who fought the troll put his magic rings in their own pockets, but I wasn't involved so I didn't track it.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by thirdkingdom »

Wyzard wrote:I have a silver ring and a warm statue in the list of treasure Severi is carrying, those were from the last dungeon. If the rest of you guys aren't keeping track of stuff on your own sheets, I don't know what to say. Presumably the three of us who fought the troll put his magic rings in their own pockets, but I wasn't involved so I didn't track it.
There is actually a thread for this very purpose: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1219

Return to “In Search of Adventure”