Welcome to Autumndale

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Welcome to Autumndale

#41 Post by wolfpack »

The grain silo was attacked not long ago. Some orcs and a big tattoed ogre tried to burn it down, luckily the village was able t rally and drive tem off, although 4 of our own were killed.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by Alethan »

"A tattooed ogre..." Cilian mumbles, trying not to look concerned. He glances at the other party members to gauge their reaction and see if they, too, suspect it to be of the same ilk as that which they've already fought.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Argennian »

Viktor returns Cilian's look of concern, raising his eyebrows and letting out a long breath in a oh that's just great, not again kind of way.

"Yeah, we've run afoul of similar deviltry ourselves recently, in and about Rashtan," Vik explains matter of factually to Kramer with a shrug, "seems a common occurrence in our region these days. Do you have constabulary here, or just a town militia for times of trouble?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Cilian chuckles at the use of "Master" preceding Osric's name and jabs Tub in the arm with his elbow as he does so.
Yeah that's what his dad use to call him,Tub agrees nodding, no wait it was "moron", that's what it was. Tub chuckles, then calls after the boy, wait! Don't tell him what I said! He can hurt, like being kicked by a horse! Almost as bad as being punched by Hanna.
All the while, Tub keeps Thief-senses alert and on the lookout for trouble... especially since they seem so good at finding it.

ETA: stupid me, still on page 2 Tub pays close attention while the keep talks, unconsciously rubbing his wet palms on his leathers.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by wolfpack »

no constables we all are armed and miltia up when we need to. some of us are served in the army

the orcs and this ogre came at night, but the alarm was raised by the nighttime mushroom farmers.

We rose and took to arms, the silo was set on fire when the orge threw a ball of fire from his hands.

we put the fire out, and faced down the orcs, but the ogre left them behind and fled.
Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#46 Post by Anivar »

was there supposed to be a pm incoming?
Ooops...
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by wolfpack »

I swear I sent one.

The only thing it was going to reveal wa sthat you saw the silo was damaged by fire.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by wolfpack »

any actions?
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Argennian »

Viktor will order another ale, start a tab and hang out in the tavern for a bit before bed. He'll be looking to see if he can engage any of the locals in small talk and possibly glean any new intel on whom Jonus might have had converse with and/or business while in Autumndale.

He'll also look to talk about what happened at the silo with the orcs and suspected ogre Deathmonger. You never know, might be something there. If nothing, he'll content himself with any local rumors, scuttlebutt or innuendo of potential interest.

OOC: he's willing to buy a few drinks if needed but not too many! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by wolfpack »

No one seems to know Jonus or what he was up to. You find 1 or 2 who seem to recognize the description but nothing more.

many are willing to talk about the orc raid, noone seems to know the name death mongers and just refer to the cretaure as an ogre. Some seem to embellish their role in the tale, others speak as if frightened it may come back.
Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#51 Post by Anivar »

wolfpack wrote:I swear I sent one.

The only thing it was going to reveal wa sthat you saw the silo was damaged by fire.
didn't get one, but that works.

Scythius returns to the inn after finishing his reconnaissance, orders a wine, and catching the last part of the conversation with the inn keep.

To the inn keeper: Any idea which direction the ogre fled?
Ooops...
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by wolfpack »

The headed east out of town. we didn't pursue. didn't want to abandon the village.
Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#53 Post by Anivar »

wolfpack wrote:The headed east out of town. we didn't pursue. didn't want to abandon the village.
That was a wise move. We have dealings with them before, they are not to be taken lightly. How long ago did you say that happened?

Just to confirm, did Scythius find any tracks leading east out of the town from the silo area?
Ooops...
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by wolfpack »

4 days ago

the massive storms have washed away any tracks
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by wolfpack »

any thing else before you settle in for the night?
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#56 Post by zebediah »

Sergius will go to bed after eating, unless the team wants to discuss the strategy for next day.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#57 Post by Alethan »

Cilian calls it a night, as well.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by wolfpack »

Everyone has a quiet nights sleep and awakes in the morning to the smell of fresh baked bread.
zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#59 Post by zebediah »

So I guess we resume moving in the direction indicated by the medallion, right? Anyone needs to get more supplies before we leave?
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#60 Post by Alethan »

OOC: everyone check to make sure you don't need more torches or weapon ammo. I think Cilian might need to replace some darts...

Return to “Aroth”