13. Remaining in O'Hare (Updated: All players)

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 13. Remaining in O'Hare (No Alethan and Stonjuz)

#41 Post by wolfpack »

epsilon will head around to the back of the inn. lookin to see if there is another entrance such as a kitchen door.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by ravenn4544 »

Is gustov making room for us to enter the Inn or are you implying that it is to enter a separate room? Trying to get an idea of separated we may become.
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by saalaria »

Recognising what Strom is doing, Kaltar lets him finish, then takes his arm:
(loudly)"Come my friend we are not welcome here, lets wait with Ewell."
then more quietly and out of earshot:
"I don't think main-force is the best approach here, let the others see what they can find out subtly while we give them some time. As Ewell said, we can always rush in and save the day if necessary!"
Kaltar moves (assuming with Strom) back out to where Ewell is pacing...
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by onlyme »

Ewell sees them headed toward him. He laughs.
Heh, need my help already?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

At the Front Door

#45 Post by dmw71 »

ravenn4544 wrote:]Is gustov making room for us to enter the Inn or are you implying that it is to enter a separate room?
Gustov is allowing the three new faces to enter the inn itself, though the front door, but is displaying resistance towards the others.

The rest of the update will hopefully come later tonight.
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#46 Post by dmw71 »

The hefty innkeeper guards the front door to his establishment and decides to allow only the newcomers in. Fimmion points to his own chest and asks in confirmation, "Me?", before convincing himself that he was amongst the lot selected. The chef looks over his shoulder to the group behind him and shrugs while giving a forced smile. "Now that I think about it, I haven't had a proper meal in quite a while, being on the road a lot nowadays." he says while making his way to catch up with the half-orc that entered just before him.
While the chef passes, Strom positions himself where he has the best vantage point into the front room of the inn and attempts to sense for evil in the room. (PM forthcoming) Recognizing what Strom is doing, Kaltar lets him finish, then takes his arm: "Come my friend, we are not welcome here. Let's wait with Ewell." he says loudly. As the group backs away from without issue, he continues more quietly "I don't think main-force is the best approach here, let the others see what they can find out subtly while we give them some time."

Gustov spends an extra minute at the front entrance, standing watch, until he is content that his request of the others has been honored. Once the original group has rejoined Ewell out on the path, Gustov retreats back into his inn and closes its door. (This group will be moving to a new thread... later.)

Once the door has been closed, Epsilon sneaks around to the back of the inn in hopes of detecting an alternate entrance point. (PM forthcoming)
-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by saalaria »

Kaltar laughs
"No my friend we thought you looked lonely so wanted to give you some company!...seriously we are not welcome in that fine establishment. The others are however so we have decided to leave them to see if they can find anything without us distracting them or Gustov"
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Computer +1 »

Strom finishes his survey of the people in the room and allows himself to be herded out with Kaltar. Once outside he turn sharply to Kaltar and says Again I sense the taint of evil, perhaps driven with indifference to the slaughter of innocents in this town. I have had enough of the fat man and those within. He unsheathes his sword I say we bring those in darkness into the glory of the light now!
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by tooleychris »

Computer +1 wrote:He unsheathes his sword I say we bring those in darkness into the glory of the light now!
won't Grim be thrilled!!!!
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#50 Post by dmw71 »

Computer +1 wrote:"I say we bring those in darkness into the glory of the light now!"
I will make no assumptions here. I will need to know what the outside party is going to do.

As for the newcomers inside the inn, that thread will hopefully go up later tonight.
-- Project --

-- DM --
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by saalaria »

Jeez - between a rared-up Paladin and a Cavalier acting normal what chance do I have acting as peace-maker!

"Ewell no doubt you concur with our friend's attitude? Is there anything I can say to prevent bloodshed here? If we go in wont we be unable to tell innocent from evil-doer?"

Kaltar looks from one to the other awaiting a response - sensible or otherwise!
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by onlyme »

Ewell starts to show energy that he had been suppressing. evil still? No reason not to start something. Just call out to all to step away if they don't want to see their blood.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by Computer +1 »

Strom nods at Ewell. Let us begin with the fat innkeeper.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rukellian »

:shock: Am I still waiting on a new thread to open before I give any actions? Cuz its going to be very hectic if I'm in the middle of a fine meal and our friends barge in all wild like, attacking people.... :lol:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by ravenn4544 »

O'rek respectfully tosses a few silver on the bar and asks for a wine and recent news....
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by tooleychris »

Grim, also asks for some wine. A bottle for now and one for his wine skin.
Then offers a couple extra silver to the barkeeper for information.
"Seems dis'eer town seein rough times, eh? Who Me be talkin ta bouts maybe helpin wit protectin, er maybe gittin rid of da trouble makers? Dat dolt mayor didn't be wantin ta pay. Maybe some'un else got coin fer a strong arm?"
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#57 Post by dmw71 »

Rukellian wrote:Am I still waiting on a new thread to open before I give any actions? Cuz its going to be very hectic if I'm in the middle of a fine meal and our friends barge in all wild like, attacking people.
That was the plan, but now that everyone is being reunited again....

---

O'rek and Fimmion pass Gustov and enter the The Goat, a crowded venue, where they're able to quickly squeeze in next to Grimnail at the bar, where the barbarian was able to secure some seating moments earlier O'rek respectfully tosses a few silver on the bar and asks for a wine and recent news. Grim, also asks for some wine -- a bottle for now, and one for his wine skin -- then he, too, offers a couple extra silver to the barkeeper for information. "I'll take the Inn's special, no drink necessary," says Fimmion. "And I must ask as well, what happened to the town?! I've never seen anything like this before," he says, motioning with his hand to the rest of the town outside.

---

The newcomers to the group enter the Inn while the rest of the party sulks back to join Ewell on the path outside. "Heh, need my help already?" the young cavalier says, eliciting a laugh from Kaltar. "No, my friend, we thought you looked lonely so wanted to give you some company." the cleric quips. "Seriously, we are not welcome in that fine establishment." Kaltar continues. "The others, however, have been permitted to enter so we left them to see if they can find anything without us distracting them... or Gustov"" Strom turns sharply to Kaltar and reveals his findings. "Again I sense the taint of evil, perhaps driven with indifference to the slaughter of innocents in this town." he shares. "I have had enough of the fat man and those within. he says to the group at large as he unsheathes his sword. "I say we bring those in darkness into the glory of the light now!" he finishes, attempting to rally his companions.

"Ewell, no doubt you concur with our friend's attitude?" Kaltar starts, realizing the situation is quickly turning towards one of action. "Is there anything I can say to prevent bloodshed here? If we go in, won't we be unable to tell innocent from evil-doer?" he asks. Ewell starts to release the energy he had been suppressing. "Evil still? No reason not to start something." he says, confirming his agreement with the paladin. Addressing Kaltar's concern, he adds: "Just call out for all to step away if they don't want to see their blood spilled." Strom nods at Ewell. "Let us begin with the fat innkeeper." he says.

---

Ran out of time, so this will need to be continued. I have a feeling things are about to get exciting.
-- Project --

-- DM --
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by onlyme »

Ewell adjusts his attire, and makes sure he looks his gentlemanly best. He looks over at Strom and Kaltar to make sure they are ready.

He will walk through the doorway, sword in hand. Mr Innkeeper, out of my own sense of dignity, I abstained from entering earlier. But, after hearing your barbarian he quickly looks at the barbarian too late to take back the reference, and so continues...uh down right nasty attitiude toward these fine upstanding folks, I came to see satisfaction. Do you understand me?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#59 Post by dmw71 »

The newcomers at the bar drop a few coins in exchange for food, beverages and hopefully some information. The elderly gentlemen behind the bar doesn't say a word; he simply collects the coins (please update your character sheets to reflect the expenditures) and deposits them into a lockbox behind the bar before moving, slowly, his scraggly frame out from behind the bar towards the kitchen. While they wait, O'rek, Fimmion and Grimnail remain alert, keeping an eye on all the interaction taking place behind them in the main front room.

It's a crowded room, probably nearing capacity, and everyone seems to be keeping to themselves, or speaking only amongst their immediate groups. Their behavior, very calm and deliberate, makes the people look almost sedated and those that are talking are doing so in hushed voices. From your spot at the bar, nothing specific can be overheard in the main dining area.

Seated next to you at the bar are four adult male locals; two on either side of your group. They are all nondescript in appearance and you suspect they're likely farmers. While they don't go out of their way to avoid contact with you, they make no effort to engage you, either.

You continue to wait for the elderly barkeep to return with whatever he went to fetch.

---

Outside, Ewell adjusts his attire, making sure he looks his gentlemanly best. He looks over at Strom and Kaltar to make sure they are ready, which they are.

The young cavalier walks through the doorway, sword in hand. "Mr Innkeeper, out of my own sense of dignity, I abstained from entering earlier. But, after hearing your barbarian-" He quickly spots Grimnail seated at the bar, realizing his words may have been poorly chosen, but realizes it's too late to take back the reference, and so continues after only the slightest pause. "-and downright nasty attitude toward these fine upstanding folks, I came to see satisfaction. Do you understand me?"

Gustov, upon seeing the original, previously rejected party members making a forceful entrance, begins to amble in your direction. "Out!" he insists, waving his hands at you. "You dare raise a weapon at me," he says sternly, glaring at the young knight. "You leave now, or I will see to it that you'se be removed. By force, if necessary." Gustov, however, is the only patron that appears to notice the party, or at least the only one to react to your entrance.
-- Project --

-- DM --
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by tooleychris »

In these tight surroundings Grimnail decides his axes would be best and keeps ready.

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”