OOC 3 > Rant and Rave and Throw Rocks!

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC 3 > Rant and Rave and Throw Rocks!

#41 Post by Hoondatha »

Yes, and I didn't like the split when Oggle left, either, and made my opinion clear at the time. We went from running one game to running two games, which to some extent makes all of the character interaction between the characters who stayed and those who left (from both perspectives) meaningless. I'd rather people be thinking of reasons why the group would stay together, rather than why they should all split.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#42 Post by Alethan »

Hoondatha wrote:...I'd rather people be thinking of reasons why the group would stay together, rather than why they should all split.

Ask and ye shall receive. ;)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#43 Post by Alethan »

Greystone is heading west to Neverwinter Woods.
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#44 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin will go with the group back to the west, at least until he get can a better report on who the dark robed people might be from the elves.

Also, please refresh my memory: Darkstar's clan is dead, correct? And is Greystone from the same clan as Winter? Or a different one?
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#45 Post by Alethan »

Same. Both are Lynx clan. The first elves you met when you came through the gate, the ones you fought the bugbear with, were Owl clan.
Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by Hoondatha »

Okay, thanks.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Computer +1 »

Hoondatha wrote:Also, please refresh my memory: Darkstar's clan is dead, correct?
WAY TO BRING UP PAINFUL MEMORIES!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by AQuebman »

I agree Alethan your post was very well written. I don't enjoy splits but I like to keep things feeling natural at the same time which becomes a careful and difficult balance for the DM. It's why I pushed Oggle the way he would go but I have been and always will be open to whatever Hedge wants to do to make his life easier and make the game more enjoyable for all. In a perfect world a council of badass GM's would run the game and allow it to all be fluid and you could do whatever and it wouldn't matter.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by hedgeknight »

And I really don't mind you guys splitting up...again. Granted that will make three group posts instead of two, but if that is where the game takes you, I'm cool with it. Doesn't mean you're never going to cross paths again...unless of course, you get eaten in a tomb somewhere or by a bunch of trolls in the wilds. :twisted:
Winter is coming...
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#50 Post by Alethan »

AQuebman wrote:In a perfect world a council of badass GM's would run the game and allow it to all be fluid and you could do whatever and it wouldn't matter.
Duuuuuude... I can totally picture that, and it. is. beautiful.

Quick, someone make that happen!
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by hedgeknight »

Let's do it!!!
Winter is coming...
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by hedgeknight »

FYI > although our first official day back to work in next Tuesday (August 20), I have already been doing some half-days in preparation for the start of school. Thus, my lack of presence on these forums. My mother is flying in Saturday and will be in for the next week. And then school starts on the 27th...and my life is over for the next 9 months. So, I'm letting you know because the game WILL slow down - it's inevitable.
Normally, I put my games on hiatus for a few weeks during this time, and it looks like one of the groups is on somewhat of a "hold" already, at least until I hear from the players of Cole and Nokrugh. I will give what time I have to updating the groups and keeping the game going, but it will be limited at least for awhile.

If I don't hear from Cole or Nokrugh by the end of today, I'm going to move forward without them. Ray did mention that Nokrugh would be going to Grunwald to help install the new king; I've heard nothing about what Cole will do. :?:
Winter is coming...
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#53 Post by AQuebman »

Alethan wrote:
AQuebman wrote:In a perfect world a council of badass GM's would run the game and allow it to all be fluid and you could do whatever and it wouldn't matter.
Duuuuuude... I can totally picture that, and it. is. beautiful.

Quick, someone make that happen!

All it takes is a handful of board members to agree on a game to CO-DM and then invite however many players you want. That game if coordinated well could/should move quickly.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by hedgeknight »

Apologies for the delay, fellers > spoke to Cole's player last night and unless Nokrugh changes his mind, he will accompany the half-orc to the village of Grunwald to install the new king.

That gives me two new threads to start tonight and tomorrow! Woohoo! 8-)

Oh, and apologies to Fearghus for "eating" his character....heh...not really! :twisted:
Gotta love those natty 20's!!
Winter is coming...
rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by rtdersch »

Hedge, Nokrugh does indeed plan on returning to Grunwald. And did I just read in your last post that you whacked a character!!!??

AWESOME!

Ahem...I mean damn dude, sorry for your loss. :twisted:

Also, I'm shoulder deep in multiple projects at both work and home so my slow down in posting will continue until to at least until mid-October so I'm perfectly fine dialing it back for a few months.

Edit: Just went and read the post where Lysander become a snack for the giant toad. It looks like Noks little buddy may be in a bit o' trouble! C'mon Oggle, you gotta pull through!
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by hedgeknight »

rtdersch wrote:Also, I'm shoulder deep in multiple projects at both work and home so my slow down in posting will continue until to at least until mid-October so I'm perfectly fine dialing it back for a few months.
Was beginning to worry about you - thanks for letting me know. ;)
Winter is coming...
Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#58 Post by Fearghus »

hedgeknight wrote: Oh, and apologies to Fearghus for "eating" his character....heh...not really! :twisted:
Gotta love those natty 20's!!
I go to GenCon and you have to kill me?!?!

:x <---that's me shaking my fist at thee! I can rhyme too. :lol:

The only thing that sucks about this is the further PTSD Oggle will be experiencing.
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by hedgeknight »

Oh, yer not dead...yet! Hell, that toad may choke on you trying to swallow you whole! :lol:

Btw > waiting on Oggle's actions > AQ, you out there?
Winter is coming...
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by hedgeknight »

Explaining my absence from posting > two things:
1/ Getting my ass kicked at work - since starting back on a temp basis last week and full force since Monday, I am exhausted. I rise early and crash early and do little else.

2/ Health issues > got some weird shit going on with my blood pressure > doctor told me to lay off the meds for a few days and monitor my bp. Been having this "fluttering" (only way I know to describe it) in my chest (mostly at night) and it just freaks me out. Doctor said if fluttering continued, to come back in and she would put me on a 24-hour heart monitor. Guess I'm going in tomorrow. Really hate this - gotta get things straightened out.

So, apologies fellers. It's not fair to you. I hope to move the Neverwinter Group ahead by Saturday (if not sooner) - still waiting on the other two groups to post. :?
Appreciate your patience...
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”