DCC #67 Sailors on the Starless Sea Part 2

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Sailors on the Starless Sea(Continued)

#41 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick, Halfling Haberdasher

Fruldrick climbs into the boat, following Uriel. "Have you the means to sail us out of this place?", he asks as the beekeeper as the man hauls those treading water into the boat. The halfling tries to find some vantage to peer over the railing and inspect the watery beast. "And have you the means to fend that off again"?
Stouthart
Strider
Strider

#42 Post by Stouthart »

Kunno will approach those remaining on the beach. He spots his adoptive father and rushes to his side.

"I'm so glad I found you! This place is too creepy to be in all by myself!"

OOC: Sorry about the delay... 5 days with no internet while I moved.
Last edited by Stouthart on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by AQuebman »

Fearghus wrote:Fruldrick, Halfling Haberdasher

Fruldrick climbs into the boat, following Uriel. "Have you the means to sail us out of this place?", he asks as the beekeeper as the man hauls those treading water into the boat. The halfling tries to find some vantage to peer over the railing and inspect the watery beast. "And have you the means to fend that off again"?
Fruldrick finds a good vantage point on the front of the boat and can see the watery beast sitting very still it's multiple tentacles are up in the air in a pose as if it's awaiting something.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by AQuebman »

Stouthart wrote:Kunno will approach those remaining on the beach. He spots his adopted father and rushes to his side.

OOC: Sorry about the delay... 5 days with no internet while I moved.
OOC: Don't sweat it your all good, glad to have you in game now.
ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Heltel Ability Check: [1d20] = 4

No sweat on the menhir inspection, Aquebman. I think you're right, though I haven't even looked through the thread to check. :mrgreen: Anyways, Heltel will be interested in anything to do with the sea monster, if that roll was worth anything... :roll:
Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick inspects the boat; looking for anything that can be used to fight off the creature should it return.
gaff hooks, harpoons, swords, anything.
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by Vargr1105 »

Stouthart wrote:Kunno will approach those remaining on the beach. He spots his adopted father and rushes to his side.

"What in the blazes, boy?! I thought I told ya to stay back at the village?", Goratrix tells Kunno. His expression is a mix of anger and relief.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#48 Post by AQuebman »

Fearghus wrote:Fruldrick, Halfling Haberdasher

Fruldrick inspects the boat; looking for anything that can be used to fight off the creature should it return.
gaff hooks, harpoons, swords, anything.
By Fruldrick's inspection the boat looks pretty barren and has no weaponry whatsoever.

As time begins to pass the sea beast begins to slap it's tentacles against the water expectantly. The creatures actions make you think back to the mosaic on the east wall of the murky pool
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1517&sid=1adcd35e0 ... 5d15cf69f5'

Aengus and Heltel as you stare more deeply into the markings on the menhir you feel yourselves fall into an almost trance like state and a strong urge begins to overtake your mind. You both feel the overwhelming urge to sacrifice your fellow companions with the intent of offering their still-beating
heart to the tentacled beast beneath the waves

DM: I need Initiative from the four who are still on the beach and who rolls the highest may very well be the difference of who lives and who doesn't:
Goratrix, Kunno, Heltel, & Aengus

Heltel & Aengus you are both compelled for this turn and must attack your nearest ally which happens to be each other. :twisted: On your turn in the second round you may attempt a DC 15 will save to break the compulsion. If you fail this same compulsion will continue until you are dead or the save is made. If you want, either of you could burn enough luck to make the first DC 15 save you guys just made but since you both rolled really low I assumed that wasn't preferred.

All who are on the boat if you are getting involved please roll initiative otherwise act as you please you are far enough away as of right now to feel somewhat safe.
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by NJWilliam »

With a strange look in his eyes, Aengus turns to Heltel and swings at him with his chainmail clad fist. (ooc: Aengus was just looking around for sling ammo, so I'm hoping he gets to punch rather than ready his spear or mace and then attack, his unarmed attack is also his most effective since he gets his luck modifier on it)

Aengus Initiative: [1d20] = 2

Aegus Unarmed Attack (subdual damage): to hit [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5, damage [1d3+2] = 3+2 = 5
If Heltel is attacking with lethal force, and would hit Aengus, Aengus will burn luck to get initiative and 5 more to score a hit with his fist (assuming he has enough luck). Aengus has 14 luck to burn.
If he lives: Aengus Will Save: [1d20] = 14
He may burn 1 luck to make that save, if he lives, can I wait to see how other things turn out before deciding?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#50 Post by Vargr1105 »

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by MrHemlocks »

Not noticing the fight breaking out on the shore Uriel looks around at his companions on the boat." Help me steer this boat toward the shore. When there we can anchor it close to the beach. That way we at least wevhave a way of getting out of this place when the time comes. Besides, there is an island or something that the spirits, of the crushed skulls, traveled to when released that is in need of adventuring."

Uriel, will wait for a response. If the other's help than they will guide the boat to shore and anchor it.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#52 Post by AQuebman »

NJWilliam wrote:With a strange look in his eyes, Aengus turns to Heltel and swings at him with his chainmail clad fist. (ooc: Aengus was just looking around for sling ammo, so I'm hoping he gets to punch rather than ready his spear or mace and then attack, his unarmed attack is also his most effective since he gets his luck modifier on it)

Aengus Initiative: [1d20] = 2

Aegus Unarmed Attack (subdual damage): to hit [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5, damage [1d3+2] = 3+2 = 5
If Heltel is attacking with lethal force, and would hit Aengus, Aengus will burn luck to get initiative and 5 more to score a hit with his fist (assuming he has enough luck). Aengus has 14 luck to burn.
If he lives: Aengus Will Save: [1d20] = 14
He may burn 1 luck to make that save, if he lives, can I wait to see how other things turn out before deciding?
DM: I'll allow the unarmed attack but nothing under this compulsion is going to be subdual. Your looking at Heltel as a monster right now and your driven to kill him with extreme prejudice. Luck Burns can be called at just about any point though you couldn't change your initiative to interrupt Heltel's action if that's what your above spoiler was about. You could burn it now to up your initiative if you so choose. I believe 3 is the minimum you can burn luck to but i'll have to check the book on that, so you would have 10 points of luck to perma burn.
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#53 Post by AQuebman »

MrHemlocks wrote:Not noticing the fight breaking out on the shore Uriel looks around at his companions on the boat." Help me steer this boat toward the shore. When there we can anchor it close to the beach. That way we at least wevhave a way of getting out of this place when the time comes. Besides, there is an island or something that the spirits, of the crushed skulls, traveled to when released that is in need of adventuring."

Uriel, will wait for a response. If the other's help than they will guide the boat to shore and anchor it.
DM: After lighting the candle the boat is actually up next to the shore it's just very tall and at the moment safe from any combat at the Menhir. So your not really far away, the actions on the beach are quite visible and within any ranged attacks someone wants to attempt.

The boat is also ready to sail. You can head across the sea if you so wished.
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by NJWilliam »

AQuebman wrote: DM: I'll allow the unarmed attack but nothing under this compulsion is going to be subdual. Your looking at Heltel as a monster right now and your driven to kill him with extreme prejudice. Luck Burns can be called at just about any point though you couldn't change your initiative to interrupt Heltel's action if that's what your above spoiler was about. You could burn it now to up your initiative if you so choose. I believe 3 is the minimum you can burn luck to but i'll have to check the book on that, so you would have 10 points of luck to perma burn.
ooc: Thanks for the clarification. Unless under this compulsion Aengus is required to do everything he can to strike, I won't have him burn luck to kill another character. If he survives this round, he will burn luck to make the will save.

Can the other characters on shore use subdual damage against Aengus and Heltel?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by AQuebman »

NJWilliam wrote:
AQuebman wrote: DM: I'll allow the unarmed attack but nothing under this compulsion is going to be subdual. Your looking at Heltel as a monster right now and your driven to kill him with extreme prejudice. Luck Burns can be called at just about any point though you couldn't change your initiative to interrupt Heltel's action if that's what your above spoiler was about. You could burn it now to up your initiative if you so choose. I believe 3 is the minimum you can burn luck to but i'll have to check the book on that, so you would have 10 points of luck to perma burn.
ooc: Thanks for the clarification. Unless under this compulsion Aengus is required to do everything he can to strike, I won't have him burn luck to kill another character. If he survives this round, he will burn luck to make the will save.

Can the other characters on shore use subdual damage against Aengus and Heltel?
DM: Your compulsion is to kill your nearest ally and offer his heart up to the tentacle monster but i'm not mean enough to burn your luck unless you wish to. The Chaos gods might appreciate it but that's your call.

DCC does have subdual rules(Thanks NJWilliam) and under normal circumstances we will follow those. Except in this scenario where a compulsion to kill has overtaken you, in this scenario nothing is subdual.
Stouthart
Strider
Strider

#56 Post by Stouthart »

Fearghus
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

We won't Survive by Killing each Other

#57 Post by Fearghus »

Fruldrick looks to Uriel, "They're fighting on the stone! You have to stop this lunacy!"

The halfling shouts to the men fighting on the shore, "You there! Stop this nonsense! There's a beast trying to eat us as you act like children!"
ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Initiative [1d20] = 14

Taken by the ancient madness of some insane god, Heltel quietly slips out his mace, intending to hit Aengus in the back of the head before he can react.

Heltel Attack Roll, Mace: [1d20+1] = 13+1 = 14; Damage: [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2

When the fight breaks out on shore, Rolfo yells at Heltel: "What's got into yer head, shaman? Hey there, on the shore, stop 'em!" The dwarf starts to climb back overboard to help break up the fight.

Heltel Will Saving Throw: [1d20] = 4 :roll:

And just realized I get a +1 on that, but that's only 5 and Heltel's only got 4 Luck left. Good thing Aengus has that hauberk on, NJ! :shock:
Stouthart
Strider
Strider

#60 Post by Stouthart »

Kunno
Vargr1105 wrote:"What in the blazes, boy?! I thought I told ya to stay back at the village?", Goratrix tells Kunno. His expression is a mix of anger and relief.
"I think we have bigger problems to worry about right now, dad." Kunno points at the tentacles thrashing in the water. "That looks like what I saw on the mural upstairs! Maybe we should wear this robe and go up on that rock thing!" Kunno points to the menhir and without waiting for a reply, throws on the robe he was carrying and heads towards it. If there are stairs leading up he will take them.

This is what I will do for my initiative. And here's where I kill my first DCC character :shock:

Return to “AQuebman's DCC Campaign”