Rhapsody in Blood

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Rhapsody in Blood

#41 Post by NJWilliam »

Ruarc steps forward to the king, "I am Ruarc from the North, here on behalf of my chieftain at your invitation to the wedding. I am sorry for your loss, but I will gladly hunt down the assassin. I ask two favors, if you would, to aid our pursuit.

"I brought some fine steeds from my people as a wedding gift, I ask that I and those who will pursue with me be allowed to use them since it seems fate has put them here for a reason,

"Second, I would ask if there is a forge and anvil that I could put to use that someone point me toward it while we prepare."

After a brief pause, he adds,

"While I am fine to pursue on foot and with the arms I have, these boons would speed vengeance."
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by NJWilliam »

skipping to the alchemist . . .

Hearing that the poison has an herbal cure, Ruarc examines the concoction more closely and speaks with the alchemist to gather information he needs to be able to concoct something that would act as an antidote, or at least slow the effects of the poison.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by tkrexx »

Invisibility potion! D'arqo's ears perk up. I've heard tell of this sort of draught, he speaks, incapable of keeping his interest quiet. It only functions under certain conditions. I feel positve that, in the right person's hands, this could prove exceptionally useful in dealing with these criminals. Ironic, no? If their own tools be used against them? In speaking, the Elf smiles at the Alchemist as he reaches smoothly and naturally for the beaker.
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#44 Post by learjet22 »

The king stops crying for a while, and makes a happy squeaking sound when he recognizes you as one of your tribe. (You're more from the South. Like the Southern part of the Northern Realm.)
Oh brave warrior. I praise you heavily for your assistance in the war and for attending my daughter's non-wedding. And you were one of the splendid few to bring a wedding gift you say? While that may be nice, my daughter would likely associate the steed with harm and pain, so it would be easiest to just hand over the horses to our equitation teams. Of course, that's after you can hunt down this assassin, because frankly, I'm terrified to death of the possibilities if this lass remains at large.

At the Alchemist's:
Hm, well It is my belief that this antidote is applied by chewing the leaves and applying them to the skin where the poison has intoxicated you. Of course, that plant doesn't grow near Zeolonu, but it could be found near Wabbleton Beach That's hardly a lead, seeing as we already knew they were rendezvousing at Teritu. As for the Invisibility Potion, you can have it. I have no use for it, and it would indeed be ironic to use this assassin's tools against her. I wish you the best of luck, although I would insist the poison be destroyed. We need not sink to her level.
Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#45 Post by Rotten »

Scotty-

"Agreed. The poison needs to be destroyed. I shall do the honors."

Scotty will take the poison and head off as if to destroy it. He will instead keep it and head to the town fletcher to have him examine the arrows.
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by NJWilliam »

Ruarc asks the Alchemist,"Is that poisonous to the blood, or also if it is drunk?"
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#47 Post by learjet22 »

Alchemist:
I would assume it to be poisonous if injected into the body in any form.
------
Fletcher:
Hmm... These arrows don't seem to be too strange, and I don't recognize any marksmanship on the arrows, so my best guess is that assassin made them herself. They aren't half bad as arrows, so you might as well keep them.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by tkrexx »

D'arqo quietly stashes the invisibility potion, politely thanking the Alchemist, then follows his new companions.
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#49 Post by learjet22 »

Okay, I assume you guys are returning to the king and telling him what you've gathered so far. Then, I assume your going to head towards Teritu.
Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#50 Post by Rotten »

Correct.
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#51 Post by learjet22 »

Okay, it's going to be a 6-day journey, so will you purchase anything for the travel, or are you good to go. Meanwhile, I'll roll for wandering encounters.
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by NJWilliam »

Ruarc stops by the stables and introduces everyone to their barbaric horses for the ride!
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#53 Post by learjet22 »

I'm sure those people would normally be uppity, and consider your horses to be barbaric, but considering the circumstances, they act impressed.
-----
Okay, so on the day of your departure, the princess bids you a farewell as well as the King and many of his nobles and knights. You are allowed the horses for one month of time, and it is by then that you must return to Zeolonu, full of tales. If at that point, you haven't defeated the assassin, you will be allowed more time.
-----
So on the first day of travel, you all bask in the sunlight whilst your horses carry you south and east. Mid-day, it starts to sprinkle, but it's still warm out, so it's somewhat pleasant. Roleplaying on the first day? How will you spend your breaks? If you're going to be traveling together, you might as well make nice.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by tkrexx »

D'arqo will make polite conversation when engaged, yet does not offer much information about himself or his past. He seems impatient at times, his eyes always gazing at the horizon before them.
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#55 Post by learjet22 »

The rest of the first day passes without anything interesting happening. Around lunch time during the second day, you catch sight of two large, silver and black haired creatures, which you make out to be wolves. What do you do?
Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#56 Post by Rotten »

"Wolves, I'd say ignore them as long as they ignore us."

Scotty will ready his bow, in case the wolves attack. He will say comforting things to his mount trying to keep it calm.
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by tkrexx »

D'arqo will be sure his sling is at ready, with the pouch of bullets also handy. Using his riding experience, he too will seek to calm his mount.

Distance from wolves?
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#58 Post by learjet22 »

I'd say you're about thirty feet away from them. They haven't noticed you yet, but they're kinda blocking the semi-beaten path. Of course, you could go around them,
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by NJWilliam »

Ruarc looks at the wolves more closely to determine if there is anything out of the ordinary about them.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#60 Post by learjet22 »

The only odd thing about them is that they seem to be separated from the pack. In fact, they seem somewhat scared.

Return to “The Secrets of Anollia - AD&D 1E/2D Homebrew”