#41 Post by kipper »

Nice! Welcome aboard Solo and Rex.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thead 3

#42 Post by Rex »

Here is my first attempt, any help/advice is welcome. Thanks

CHARACTER NAME: Kitkatarra (Swift white fur)
CHARACTER TEMPLATE: Wookie

Species- Wookie
Height- 1.9 m
Weight- 100 kg
Sex- Female
Age- 70 years

ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:

DEX: 3D Blaster 5D; Brawling Parry; Dodge 5D; Launcher Weapons; Lightsaber; Melee Weapons; Melee Parry; Slugthrowers; Thrown Weapons, Wookie Bowcaster

KNO: 2D Bureaucracy; Alien Cultures; Languages; Medicine; Planetary Systems; Streetwise; Survival 3D; Tactics; Technology

MECH: 3D Animal Handling/Riding; Astrogation; Repulsorlift Operation; Shields; Starship Piloting; Systems Op.(Sensors & Comms); Gunnery; Walker Operation; Wheeled Vehicle Operation

PER: 3D Bargain; Con; Gambling; Hide/Sneak; Leadership; Persuasion; Search

STR: 4D Brawling; Climbing/Jumping; Lifting; Stamina; Swimming; Running

TECH: 3D Computer Operation; Computer Repair; Demolition; Equipment Repair; Medicine 5D, Repulsorlift Repair; Secruity; Starship Repair; Walker Repair-

WOUND STATUS: Grazed; Wounded; Incapacitated; Mortally Wounded
STUN STATUS: Glancing Blow; Light Stun; Unconscious; Unconscious & Wounded

FORCE POINTS: 1
DARKSIDE POINTS: 0
SKILL POINTS:

EQUIPMENT:
Blaster Carbine
250 credits

FORCE SKILLS AND POWERS:

Control:
Sense:
APPEARANCE, PERSONALITY AND BACKGROUND:
Kitkatarra is a short albino Wookie. Like all her kind she can be prone to fits of violence but is extremely loyal and protective of those she cares for. She joined the rebellion after having been freed from slavery by a rebellion raid. She is fascinated with lightsabres and dreams of acquiring one and learning how to use it.
Last edited by Rex on Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#43 Post by Solo4114 »

Ok, here's my concept for my PC, with stats. I can adjust this as needed. I've only listed the skills that deviate from base attribute scores. The background is a little extensive, but I only intend to use it if the situation touches on it. Otherwise, Cal's just working another job, and his background would only really inform his behavior, rather than his goals or interactions with NPCs.

CHARACTER NAME: Cahal "Cal" Tak Dornan
CHARACTER TEMPLATE: Smuggler.

Species - Human
Height - 5'10"
Weight - 77kg
Sex - Male
Age - 29

ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:

DEX: 3D+1
Blaster - 4D+1

KNO: 2D+1
Alien Cultures - 2D+2
Languages - 2D+2
Planetary Systems - 2D+2
Streetwise - 3D+1

MECH: 3D+2
Astrogation - 4D+2
Starship Piloting - 5D+2

PER: 3D

STR: 3D

TECH: 2D+2
Starship Repair - 3D+2

WOUND STATUS:

STUN STATUS:

FORCE POINTS:

DARKSIDE POINTS:

SKILL POINTS:

EQUIPMENT:
(All per the template) Heavy blaster pistol (5D damage), comlink, 2000 credits (25,000 credits in debt to crime boss), stock light freighter (the Nova Kestrel).

FORCE SKILLS AND POWERS: N/A

APPEARANCE: Cal is of average height and build, with short, reddish-brown hair (although he's showing signs of premature greying at his temples) parted on the right, hazel eyes, and two nearly parallel scars on the bottom of his chin. Most times, he wears plain, black, knee-high leather boots; green trousers with black piping; and either a white pullover, paneled shirt, or green long-sleeved shirt. Depending on the weather and circumstances, he either wears a brown, leather spacer's jacket, or an mid-calf-length, brown oilskin greatcoat.

PERSONALITY: Cal is quiet at first, but warms up as he gets to know people. He does not, however, make friends easily or quickly, although he is fiercely loyal to those whom he counts as friends or family. Although naturally inclined towards introspection, he's learned to be gregarious as needed to help grease social wheels. He can be cool and detached when negotiating, but radiates cold fury towards those he perceives as enemies (although this mostly only applies to Imperials), unless required to conceal his true attitudes for the sake of the job or mission.

BACKGROUND: Cal grew up on freighters, mostly, although his parents hailed from Corellia. His family made their livelihood as Tibanna gas prospectors, traveling the star lanes in search of likely Tibanna gas deposits, and selling their claims to industrial interests. Although his early years were spent almost entirely in ports and on his family's freighter, the Tak Dornan family eventually managed to earn enough money to purchase their own base of operations on one of the outer rim planets, hire a small group of employees, and purchase a few more ships by the time he was an adolescent. Things looked prosperous, until Cal's mother discovered a particularly lucrative claim, which caught the attention of a rival prospecting company with Imperial connections. The rival company influenced the regional governor to seize the Tak Dornan business, impound most of their ships, and imprison Cal's parents. Cal managed to escape, thanks to the quick thinking of one of the company's employees, who sheltered him for a few years until he, too, was captured by Imperials.

From the time he was 15, Cal lived on his own, fending for himself, working odd jobs until he managed to find his first job on a starship, acting as an astrogator and co-pilot. From there, he worked almost exclusively on starships, until he eventually borrowed enough money to purchase his own ship...which promptly put him in debt to a local crime boss on an outer rim planet. Cal has remained in debt, but has grown adept at moving cargo -- legal and otherwise -- undetected. These activities brought him to the attention of a local Rebel cel, which has used his services from time to time. Cal's long-term goal is to earn enough to pay off his debt, and then work exclusively with the Rebellion to find what became of his family and exact revenge upon those who ruined his life.
Last edited by Solo4114 on Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Rex »

Thinking it over I am going to switch wookie bowcaster for a blaster carbine, maybe her lack of size meant she never really used a bowcaster growing up and the rebellion didn't have any to give her when she was rescued.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by max_vale »

Hey guys;

Both character concepts look GREAT! Only a couple of quick things:

First: Rex, I've switched Medicine to fall under Knowledge, so your character would have Medicine at 4D (with a KNO score of 2D...if you want to switch things, I'm cool with that)

Second: Solo; there are no +3 scores; so those scores under KNO should read +2 vice +3

Third: I have no problems with the Wookie using either a Bowcaster or a Blaster...whatever works.....I DO have Bowcasters doing more damage; 5D+1 in my game

Fourth: With Wookies being unable to speak Basic; one or more characters in the group should be able to understand your character...the most likely bets are Professor Clark (being both a big brain Academic AND having the Languages skill at 4D and/or Vale who ALSO has the languages skill at 4D). We'll work that out! :)

Last: Solo...the group has a Freighter they've been using for awhile; the Outrunner; which you can check out in its own Thread; so no need for your character to have another ship. If you still want to be in debt to a crime figure for plot/adventure purposes that's cool, but no need to be.

Okay.....that make sense to you guys? Let me know if all looks well and then I'll put these new characters up in the Character Thread and we'll get the new adventure started here in a day or two!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Sounds good to me. I will go with the blaster carbine just cause. Also should I keep my credits or purchase some equipment? I checked and my PDF is 1st edition, so that helps.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rex »

Just imagine as an albino.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#48 Post by Solo4114 »

max_vale wrote:Hey guys;

Both character concepts look GREAT! Only a couple of quick things:

Second: Solo; there are no +3 scores; so those scores under KNO should read +2 vice +3
Got it. I'll fix those. For some reason, I thought each die was 6 pips.
Last: Solo...the group has a Freighter they've been using for awhile; the Outrunner; which you can check out in its own Thread; so no need for your character to have another ship. If you still want to be in debt to a crime figure for plot/adventure purposes that's cool, but no need to be.
Yeah, I saw that. I thought I might still own a ship separate from that, debt included. It suits my idea of the character as someone who doesn't get close to people easily, and who might want to have a way to freedom if he needed it. So, leave that in the bio, I guess, and we can just figure that Cal won't be using his freighter (which I also forgot to name, it looks like...I'll fix that, too).

--update--

I've fixed the bio above. Feel free to incorporate into the PC thread. If I find a good image for Cal, I'll post it.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Welcome!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the delay everyone....I'm having an insane week with Kid getting sick; unexpected work emergencies; trip to the dentist, etc.

I've managed to get a little bit up and on the boards and I will DEFINITELY get the first post of the new game up by this weekend. The basic premise is that you guys will be starting out in an isolated position on a ridge near the Hoth base with a few troops when the Imperial attack begins. Cal and Kitkatarra will have been assigned to the Rebel team as a Pilot and Medic respectively.....with Kitkatarra having a bag filled with Medpacs as part of this assignment.

If Rose, ybn and Starbeard could let me know how you want to spend your Skill Points, I'd appreciate it....

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rex »

Looking forward to it.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Starbeard »

Remind me again how many we get?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by ybn1197 »

Starbeard wrote:Remind me again how many we get?
Ditto

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by max_vale »

15 Skill Points.....

Skills are improved by 1 pip at a cost of the number before the D....i.e. if you have Blaster 4D+1; to improve it to 4D+2 costs 4 skill points. To improve it to 5D would cost 8 skill pionts (4 to get it from 4D+1 to 4D+2, 4 more to get it from 4D+2 to 5D)

The pattern is #D, #D+1, #D+2, next number up/D...i.e. 3D, 3D+1, 3D+2, 4D; etc.

Starbeard; you can choose to learn a new Force Power for a cost of 5 Skill Points....IM me if you'd like to do this.

That make sense to everybody?

OOC: Solo and Rex, no need to worry about this yet...this is the 'leveling up' part for the returning PCs

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#55 Post by Solo4114 »

Right, I figured. We're newbies, so no SP to add.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#56 Post by Solo4114 »

By the way, if the conclusions I'm reaching are something that would require more tactical awareness or some kind of PER check, let me know. I'm just making observations based on the described info.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#57 Post by Solo4114 »

At the moment, I'm focusing the speeder's fire on the heavier equipment, since I figure hand-held blasters won't do much against the AT-ST's armor. Once we take out the AT-STs, I'll shift focus to the enemy troops...assuming we're still flying...

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Starbeard »

Solo4114 wrote:At the moment, I'm focusing the speeder's fire on the heavier equipment, since I figure hand-held blasters won't do much against the AT-ST's armor. Once we take out the AT-STs, I'll shift focus to the enemy troops...assuming we're still flying...
That's good thinking. Our two heavy pieces might damage the scout walkers, but I think they're better off attacking the troopers.

Max, would it be appropriate to ask which scale rules you're using for the fight? If our cannons are character scale and the AT-STs are walker/starship scale, we shouldn't even bother trying to shoot at them with anything but the snowspeeder. But if you're using the Rules Companion scales, and the cannons are Speeder scale vs Walker scale, then I think it might be worth it to have them redirect their fire and help the snowspeeder out.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by max_vale »

Thanks for the reminder Starbeard...I meant to put a post in this thread mentioning a couple of things....

First, I have put ranges for everyone's weapons in the Character thread (example; a Blaster might say 3-10/30/100.....this means 3-10 meters is Short Range....a 10 Difficulty to hit an unmoving target/11-30 meters is Medium Range: a 15 to hit an unmoving target at this range/31-100 meters is Long Range; a 20 to hit an unmoving target).....

Next, in the 'Light Freighter: Outrunner' thread, I have posted stats for vehicles/ships....and the most recent post has stats for a Snowspeeder...

And also, if you have a look at the last post in the 'House Rules' thread, you'll see my 'scaling' system for when personal weapons and vehicle weapons come into play against each other and for the little changes I've made for how character skills interact with vehicle stats....

The short answer for scaling is a +/- 4D for damage and +/- 10 for Difficulty numbers....in other words if a Blaster Rifle (damage 5D) is fired at an AT-ST walker at medium range the Difficulty number drops from 15 to 5 to hit (10 point difference) and the damage is reduced from 5D to 1D (5D - 4D). Conversely, if that AT-ST fires its Main Twin Blaster Cannons at some Rebel Troops at Short Range, it requires a 20 to hit them (directly.....many weapons will have 'blast damage'), but if a hit is scored the damage is increased from 5D to 9D.

This make sense?

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#60 Post by Solo4114 »

Works for me!

How's this work for things like the explosive harpoons, by the way? Not that I'm suggesting we shoot those at troops...yet.

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”