Chapter 01: Not like any pub you remember

Nordbo
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 01: Not like any pub you remember

#41 Post by Rex »

Tiny

Did it appear the prison guard had any weapons on him?
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by sastaz »

Makes a rope loop and gently puts it over the mans head and tighten it a little around the throat.
Wait what? Does Eaton put his arms out through the bars to do this? With a rope he had with him in his cell? Did I get the placements wrong in the map? Feel like I'm missing something here.

I know Thorelf can't see, just wondering for the sake of the map and what he previously saw.
Last edited by sastaz on Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf remains where he is, next to the door, dagger ready.

Whispers to Korin

Korin, what's happening out there?!
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Nordbo »

Did it appear the prison guard had any weapons on him?
The ugly man watching over your cells appears to be unarmed. He is, however, wearing (incomplete sections of) chainmail.
Wait what? Does Eaton put his arms out through the bars to do this? With a rope he had with him in his cell? Did I get the placements wrong in the map? Feel like I'm missing something here.

I know Thorelf can't see, just wondering for the sake of the map and what he previously saw.
Yes, technically, after being 'Command'-ed to come over by Eaton, the ugly man is indeed now standing so close to the barred window of Tiny's/Eaton's cell that someone inside the cell could reach out through the bars and touch the ugly man's head. What doing so might lead to, though, is another matter 8-) .

Thorelf

had a fleeting hunch, but it passed. He and Korin cannot quite see what's happening next door but remain alert.

Eaton

with daring, deathly coolness attempts to calmly place an improvised noose over the ugly man's head, using rope he carries as part of his equipment. But will it work ? Roll 1d20
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin dares not say anything not entirely sure what is going on at the moment.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Rex »

Tiny

Tiny watches as Beaver reaches through the bars and wonders what he is up to.
Gebex
Guide
Guide

#47 Post by Gebex »

Eaton

Rolls for success to put rope over the man who others think is ugly
[1d20] = 12
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Nordbo »

Eaton

with an amazing display of dexterity succeeds in slipping the rope over the man's neck!!!

Then what does he do ? (in the split second immediately after)
Gebex
Guide
Guide

#49 Post by Gebex »

Eaton

Tightens the rope around the mans neck.

Saying with a friendly tone
Paxton, please open the door and let me out so we can talk about how we got into this situation. Some day we even may laugh about this.
Then saying in a firm voice
As you may have understood now, I am servant of the gods who have the gods with me. If you do me wrong, it will be regarded as you are attacking the goods. That would not end up good for you.
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by Nordbo »

Korin and Thorelf

hear a scuffle of some kind suddenly erupting outside, down the corridor - but it is difficult to grasp exactly what's going on.

In the next cell down,

Tiny

watches

Eaton

successfully, from the inside, tightening his rope around the neck of the

Ugly man

outside, whose face is thus rudely slammed against the cell opening bars (displaying his wart-covered nose very clearly). The shock causes Ugly man to snap out of his dazed state, and before Eaton has time to say all that he planned, Ugly man starts gurgling, flailing, struggling, swearing and spitting: "What the *@!#&!!! Gurrgggll....you ¤%*@". He tugs at the rope around his neck and quickly blurts out a strangled call: "g-g-g....guards! GUARDS!!"

....but, at the same instant

Scared girl

appears again behind ugly man, but now waving a sword (in a very unsure way). She is clearly struggling to control the weapon, but somehow lunges forward, to give ugly man a bash from behind:

Girl using sword, without proficiency, but against motionless opponent: to hit [1d20-1] = 18-1 = 17, Damage S/M [1d8] = 7 L [1d12] = 10

Ugly man instantly goes limp and silent - held up by Eaton's rope only. He is one heavy dude! Eaton won't be able to hold him up for long.

Scared girl drops the sword on the corridor floor with a <clang> and stands gaping in shock at what she has just done - occasionally glancing to your right/her left.

Actions!
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by sastaz »

Thorelf bolts to the window in the cell door and looks out. Seing what happened (if he is able) he addresses the woman, trying to sound reassuring:

Hey, you, over here. You did well, don't panic, listen to me, this is going to work out, you are getting out of here. Grab the keys from the guard and let us out and we will find your friends and get you all out of here unharmed. The keys are in his belt.
GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin unsure of what just happened calls out through the cell bars/door "Eh? What's goin' on out there? Someone open our cell. I won't bite. I promise."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rex »

Tiny

Seeing Beaver struggle with the weight lunges forward and grabs the rope, pulling with all his might.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by sastaz »

Rex wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:46 pm Tiny

Seeing Beaver struggle with the weight lunges forward and grabs the rope, pulling with all his might.
Oh my. <squish>
Gebex
Guide
Guide

#55 Post by Gebex »

Eaton

Reaches out though the opening in the door, trying to get the the mans keys.

[1d20] = 18
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by Nordbo »

Thorelf

can indeed see the scared girl standing shocked, looking down at something outside the cell next door. The scared girl is at first uncertain how to react to his suggestion:

Percentage roll: [1d100] = 43

but Thorelf's intense, soothing persuasiveness gradually seems to hit home. She composes herself:

"keys...keys... yes, get the keys, there they are!"

and swoops down to snatch something - then disappears out of Thorelf's line of sight.

Korin

also attempts to calm the girl from a distance but can't really say if his dwarwen charisma has any effect or not.

Tiny

grabs hold of the Eaton's makeshift snare and yanks it backwards, with gruesome results. His brute strength causes the rope to flay off several layers of organic matter, which spatter everyone near the cell opening. Not a pretty sight.

By the time

Eaton

has wiped the goo out of his kisser, the girl has already snatched the keys from the mangled hulk of the ugly man. She darts down the corridor to your right/her left, stops and gasps "Paxon, it's me! He's dead...dead! We're free!"
then you hear the sound of keys rattling, a cell door opening further down, and plenty of hugging and kissing.

After a moment or so Scared girl comes back into view, and places herself so that she can adress both Thorelf's/Korin's and Eaton's/Tiny's cells. She is now holding on to a wobbly young man in torn robes, while clutching a ring of keys in one hand.

"I'm Vivella. This is Paxon. And that," (spitting at the body on the floor and kicking it) "is Klov, or what's left of him. Scum!"
She straightens herself, fixes her eyes on both your cells and continues: "Now, quickly, before the other guards come: who are you?"
GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Korin clears his throat and says "I be Korin McGruffin. Please won't you free us eh?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Rex »

Tiny

"I am Tiny, and this is my new friend Beaver. If you help me out of the cell I will help you out of this place."
Gebex
Guide
Guide

#59 Post by Gebex »

Eaton

Trying to swipe of the remaining of Klove. Then searching what used to be Klove for valuables, useful things and Eatons morningstar.
Oh, so your name is Paxton, not the ugly man? I am sorry for the mixup.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by sastaz »

M'lady, pardon my crude comrades. They are really honest people. I am Thorelf and i hail from Frankentown.

<bows down inside cell> <rises>

I don't know why they locked me up in here but I assure you I am guilty of no such hideous crime. As evident from this former guard's behaviour, our jailors are not good people and cannot be reasoned with. If you let us out we can be of assistance and help you both to get out of here. Your bodyguards, of sorts. But please hurry, Paxon here looks like he is in need of help, maybe even a healer, and we do not have long before more guards appear, I fear.

Return to “Oath of the Bolted Tomb (1e)”