Ranger

Re: OOC/General

#41 Post by Faanku »

Marisu wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:33 pmMenu:
  • Kimchi Quesadilla
  • Bibim-Yum
  • Burritozillaaaaa
  • Horchata Bubble Tea
Thank you for the hearty chuckle. My mental image of the team is now this.
I couldn't see anything wrong with your sheet, so we can move onto the final stage of chargen.
ZanKyu
Scout
Scout

#42 Post by ZanKyu »

Initial D theme plays non-stop in my head ever since I saw Marisu's sheet
Marisu
Scout
Scout

#43 Post by Marisu »

There's value in a tactically deployed clown! Also, where should we post the run? In the Character Sheets thread?
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by Faanku »

Marisu wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:36 pmAlso, where should we post the run? In the Character Sheets thread?
Aye.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#45 Post by Faanku »

Man, the Lotus seem like they're going to play a much bigger part in this game than expected. It's already given me a few ideas for potential story developments.

Also I've been thinking about how to handle the Help/Interfere move and haven't come up with anything yet. It's supposed to be made before someone else rolls for their own move, but that would require someone declaring their action, checking with everyone first if they wish to assist, and then making the roll; obviously not feasible in a pbp format. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#46 Post by thenewflesh »

I'm excited to see how the Blue Lotus stuff unfolds as well. For one thing, the presence of a revolutionary group highlights the latent instability present in a border-straddling city.

As for the Help/Interfere move, I agree that as written, the move doesn't work on the forums. If you're okay with us Helping/Interfering after something's already been rolled, then we could just rule that you get to H/I if you can slide a post in before the MC narrates the result of the other PC's move. If seeing someone's roll and then deciding to H/I seems a little metagamey to you, we could just PM our rolls privately to you.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Faanku »

Perhaps we were looking at it the wrong way, and Help/Interfere could be used "pre-emptively." Like say a pair of security guards are alerted and it's likely Salome will Mix It Up, there would be a window between the MC post and Salome's where anyone could make the Help move in.
I think that's probably the way to handle it.
AoC
Strider
Strider

#48 Post by AoC »

Seoul con Carne! better have this on its playlist or I'm out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRvwScxf1Kw
Marisu
Scout
Scout

#49 Post by Marisu »

Yeeees!
Marisu
Scout
Scout

#50 Post by Marisu »

Alright, I have rudely inserted a food truck into your runs. Is everyone alright with that? I can change it up, of course.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by Faanku »

Looks good to me. You can be on as many or as few runs as you want.
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#52 Post by thenewflesh »

Faanku wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:24 pm Perhaps we were looking at it the wrong way, and Help/Interfere could be used "pre-emptively." Like say a pair of security guards are alerted and it's likely Salome will Mix It Up, there would be a window between the MC post and Salome's where anyone could make the Help move in.
I think that's probably the way to handle it.
I agree.

As for links, I think I'd better not add any myself, for fear of maxing out the corporation clocks right out of the gate. Especially Fenghuang, which must already be at 2.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#53 Post by Faanku »

thenewflesh wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:35 amAs for links, I think I'd better not add any myself, for fear of maxing out the corporation clocks right out of the gate. Especially Fenghuang, which must already be at 2.
21:00 already, with 2 runners left to declare their Links!
Starting in deep shit with a corp isn't ideal narratively, but it would be an excellent justification for binding the team together.
ZanKyu
Scout
Scout

#54 Post by ZanKyu »

I'm going to be part in all, I'll let AoC the decision to pull the trigger
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by thenewflesh »

Faanku wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:55 pm Quite the interesting start...

Yeah, that's why I chose not to add any links.

And off we go.
AoC
Strider
Strider

#56 Post by AoC »

I'm staking +2 creds on the grounds that I know John and Thompson was very forthcoming at the briefing. Surely there won't be any big surprises
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Faanku »

AoC wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:34 pmShelley perked up at the mention of the Fujimoto arcology. One of the corps that came to her for discreet implant maintenance had gotten sloppy under the gas and gone on a rant about shitty corporate insurance, the cutthroat inter-office politics and, above all the secretary and managers network. They wouldn't be that hard to hit up for details, they seemed really satisfied with the last knife session.
OK, so I'm assume you're using the Declare a Contact move? If you are, give me a name and a brief description of them and I'll add them to The People thread. They'll then be available for you to Hit the Streets with.
Remember, in the Legwork phase (and even Action phase) you can all split up and do your own thing, it's rare for everyone to stick together at this point, so don't be afraid of heading off in different directions whilst you formulate your plan.
AoC
Strider
Strider

#58 Post by AoC »

Declaring a contact:
Kumagai Mi-Cha
A somewhat resentful Office Lady working for Fujimoto Heavy Industries administration that has been trying to raise through the ladder for years now with little to show for. Thought that a Cybereyes implant would be enough to give her a leg up, but now she's stuck owing the corp with little to show for it. But she knows how to put up a perky and well-meaning facade at work, even as she feels how the corp grinds her soul.
Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Faanku »

OK, Kumagai is now available to contact.
I also updated the Clock thread, featuring a brand new certain death countdown. Good luck!
Marisu
Scout
Scout

#60 Post by Marisu »

Sweet clocks. I'll stake 2 Cred for now, Funk.

Return to “Neon Shadows (PbtA: The Sprawl)”