OOC - Welcome and Chat #2

atpollard
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC - Welcome and Chat #2

#41 Post by atpollard »

PS ... if you followed that tunnel to the end you might learn something.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by ffilz »

I think we need to take a moment to ourselves to discuss options.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#43 Post by atpollard »

enjoy ...
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by ffilz »

atpollard wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:20 pmenjoy ...
I was thinking that in character we need a moment... I don't always like OOC discussions when in the middle of a social situation...

But up to everyone, if we want to do it OOC, I'll toss in my thoughts.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I normally agree, but I was just suggesting we chat here to get things moving.
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by ffilz »

Perhaps we could ask Gretchen to fetch something (not from the cellar - or maybe yes from the cellar) giving us a moment to confer.
AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by AsenRG »

Yes. "Someone is playing people in this city against each other" is slowly becoming my default assumption, and Remy isn't much stupider, either.(Which probably says something unflattering about me:D!)

Also, you could run it in a more delicate matter. "Miss, I think there's something that would surprise you... but first, look around you. Do you have more than when you had yesterday?"
Then, if she has her inventory in her head, she'd see proof and be more willing to listen.
But such an offer should really come from a more educated person than Remy!

Also yes. Remy has been insisting on us exploring that tunnel system since we last left. I think it's about time we'd learn who' behind this all, wouldn't you agree?
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Gah. Has it really been two weeks?

Great idea, and hopefully we can get Gretchen to help us out.

The tunnel system is an excellent next path.
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by atpollard »

Over the holiday break, I happened to observe that the official start of this adventure was January 3, 2019 ... with a bit of a shaky start at that. However, that means that we have been attempting to save the Grogg and Tankard for TWO YEARS as of this month. I think it might be time to draw this mystery to a conclusion. So please excuse me if I place a bit of a thumb on the scale just to speed up the inevitable so the group can move on to one of the other adventures. :)
AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#50 Post by AsenRG »

atpollard wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:00 pm Over the holiday break, I happened to observe that the official start of this adventure was January 3, 2019 ... with a bit of a shaky start at that. However, that means that we have been attempting to save the Grogg and Tankard for TWO YEARS as of this month. I think it might be time to draw this mystery to a conclusion. So please excuse me if I place a bit of a thumb on the scale just to speed up the inevitable so the group can move on to one of the other adventures. :)
Well, it was worth every post! It's a nice inn and all :mrgreen: !
AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#51 Post by AsenRG »

And I tried giving the higher-Int PCs a chance to weigh in. Now we're doing it Remy's way: interrogation at swordpoint :twisted: !
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Zhym »

Alas, higher-Int PC doesn't mean higher-Int player. ;)
AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#53 Post by AsenRG »

Just in case anyone is waiting for me: Remy has no reason, nor desire, to interfere in the negotiations.
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#54 Post by ffilz »

AsenRG wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:18 pm Just in case anyone is waiting for me: Remy has no reason, nor desire, to interfere in the negotiations.
Nor does Linkletter
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#55 Post by atpollard »

Sorry, I have been dealing with COVID quarantine. I have been away from all my game notes. I just got the ‘negative’ test result today, so I should be able to respond on Friday.
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#56 Post by atpollard »

That was a bit longer of a break for Player input than I had intended.

Guess what ... I'm being sued for a million dollars! Well, not me personally. I am just one of a whole bunch of people that will have to testify in a year or two if this gets to trial. I wish I could say that it is my first time, but sadly, too many people view the courts as a version of the Lottery ... "You gotta be in it to win it!"

So I had to review files on a project that ran from 2005 to 2021 and summarize EVERYTHING that happened for our lawyers. Ah the crazy memories. So that caused the delay. A stack of pages several feet high.

But I finished a beautiful summary and now our lawyers can "go get 'em". grrrr. ;)
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by atpollard »

Now THERE is a Traveller adventure. Your Free Trader is served papers and will spend the next two years trying to pay the bills while filing paperwork with the courts by deadlines or risk loosing your ship to a frivolous claim. :twisted:
(personally, I don't think that I could do that to a group of players) :shock:
atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#58 Post by atpollard »

Greetings Travellers.

I been sick.
I be better now.
Time to shift gears and start something new.

Either we go after one of the other adventure hooks, or we can retire the game and move on.
Either way, it has been fun and it was something different.
There is still a LOT of “something different” left in this game. (just less talking and more doing and going).

Whatever y’all want to do is good with me.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Zhym »

Sorry to hear you were sick, and glad you’re feeling better!

I’m definitely up for continuing. More doing and going sounds good, too. It’s been hard for me to keep all the intrigues straight. While I don’t know if this needs to become a shoot’em up, I’d welcome something where our choices of actions are more obvious. :)

ETA: …and I’d somehow completely missed or forgotten that there was a “new” thread. Sorry about my complete absence there.
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by ffilz »

I’d love to continue. I’ve been enjoying this game.

Return to “Wild West Waterworld (Classic Traveller)”