Ch. 3: Back into the Tomb

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 3: Back into the Tomb

#341 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Does anyone even have a torch?" asks Eduardo. "I suppose we can't light it with one of these glowing coins... I'll help cut it if we decide to try it, but I'll need to borrow a sword or axe. My weapons are not of the chopping variety."
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#343 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex watches to see if the torches flame destroys the webbing. If not he starts cutting it down very carefully. If it works then all the better.

If not Abrex says, "Stand back a bit until I can clear this."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Zhym »

The torch doesn't have any effect on the thick webs. It's a little like trying to light wet kindling.

Status: Abrex (R9/MU11): 103/103; Eduardo (F10): 84/84; Mason (Mk10): 40/56; Elsa (F10): 58/58; Malibran (C10): 64/68; Zoster (F9/D12): 75/76; Xale (F8/C8): 54/54; Worren (C9/MU11): 53/53
Spells in effect: Find Traps (Xale): 0.9 turns
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#345 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex says, "Stand aside my good man. I will slowly get this mess out of the way. Mason just keep an eye out for any traps along the way please."

Abrex takes his longswords and starts cutting down the webs very carefully pausing a little at a time to give Mason a chance to look for traps from just behind him. He sure wished Ula would make it back soon.

He will make sure to not touch the webs and warn the others not to get near them.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Wait a minute. ...I forgot all about my knife. says Eduardo. He takes it from its scabbard and moves to the opposite side to begin cutting away webs from there.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Grognardsw »

Elsa, fighter

If there is room, and if the others' swords have not become stuck/entangled in the webs, Elsa will lend her blade to the effort.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#349 Post by max_vale »

Xale doesn't have any edged weapons; so he merely stands back and keeps an alert eye out; still worrying about missing Malvexa....
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Zhym »

"Stand aside my good man," Abrex tells Eduardo after the torch proves ineffective. "I will slowly get this mess out of the way." He takes his longsword and strikes at the webs. The sword lodges firmly in the sticky webs. The force of the blow pulls Abrex in after it. Both the sword and the Abrex are hopelessly entangled in the webs!

Status: Abrex (R9/MU11): 103/103; Eduardo (F10): 84/84; Mason (Mk10): 40/56; Elsa (F10): 58/58; Malibran (C10): 64/68; Zoster (F9/D12): 75/76; Xale (F8/C8): 54/54; Worren (C9/MU11): 53/53
Spells in effect: Find Traps (Xale): 0.8 turns
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#351 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex says,"Stay back everyone. This is some nasty stuff. I don't want you in the same situation I am in."

Ooc 1- Am I able to cast spells? Ooc

Ooc 2- Am I able to cast a lower intensity fireball or firewall. 1d# up to my max dice strength and so on?"
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Eduardo pauses just before touching the web and pulls back. "Oh dear." he says. "Abrex, shall I try to pull you out?" He keeps an eye out for the owner of the web.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by Grognardsw »

Elsa the Untangled

"I wouldn't do that Eduardo, lest you be trapped as well," says the half-orc sword mistress. "It must be magical web to be spurn torch flame. Who knows if magical fire would cinder it, maybe along with Abrex."

Seeing many magics in her long career, Elsa says: "Perhaps some enchantment or potion to turn to gassy mist will enable escape."
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Hmmm... magical you say, eh? might be..might be....perhaps we can remove that little distraction and aid our friend here.."

Malibran casts Dispel Magic targeting the webs.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Zhym »

Malibran speaks the words, "vamoose hocus pocus," hoping to dispel any magic holding Abrex to the webs. Alas, the spell seems to have no effect on the powerful sticky webs.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#356 Post by Cwreando »

Ooc-can Abrex cast spells still? Can I decide on the intensity of a spell? Make it less dice?
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Zhym »

Because Abrex's arms are stuck in the webs, he can only cast spells that don't require material or somatic components. I think there are only three spells that fit that description, but I don't remember which ones.
Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#358 Post by Cwreando »

Abrex says, "If anyone can cast magical fire it might do the trick. Everyone else back up out of danger. Hopefully it burns the webbing and I can get free albeit scorched a bit. If that don't work it will take more magic than we have I'm afraid."
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by max_vale »

Xale moves back as well; but not before assuring Abrex; "Well; I can certainly employ some healing dweamors my friend after the blaze. May Dalt look after you".

Return to “Party 1”