B S (V)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: B S (V)

#321 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bluehorse wrote:What if Monocar states how offended he is at being commanded to move against his will... or that Gorman used the wrong pronouns?
I don’t even know what a pronoun is. :lol:
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Quonundrum »

Monocar's intelligence is pretty low, he might not even know what the word 'descend' even means!

:D ;)
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#323 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I rolled for that. He passed. :lol:
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Bluehorse »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
Bluehorse wrote:What if Monocar states how offended he is at being commanded to move against his will... or that Gorman used the wrong pronouns?
I don’t even know what a pronoun is. :lol:
Puts on English teacher frown: he, she, it, they, them, etc. You know, what all the millennials are getting their knickers in a twist over because they want boys to be girls and girls to be boys and all that.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#325 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Ooohhh, ya. Very topical. ;)
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Jernau35 »

Fair enough. I shall graciously accept our esteemed DM's ruling :D

Now, that bit of rules- lawyering took me about 10 minutes. Where do I send my bill for $300?
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Quonundrum »

Annnnnd ... he folded like a house of cards.

Just kidding! :twisted:

After dreaming about the possibilities for a cleric/magic-user I agree with the waffle (with syrup), but what fun would 1E be without these opportunities to interpret the rules?

:D
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Jernau35 »

I'm just following the protocol it lays out in the PHB for disagreeing with the DM.

1.) You present a clear, reasoned argument, point out to the DM that he's obviously wrong and needs to turn in his dice.

2.) Then the DM makes a ruling

3.) You slam your book down on the table in a fit of rage and throw your dice across the room.

4.) Eventually you grudgingly accept the ruling, but act all passive-aggressive for the rest of the session.
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Storm11 »

:D 8-) :lol:
Greys Campaign.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by Monsieur Rose »

I seem to have lost count. How many skeletons are on the stairs?
Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Storm11 »

Where on the stair? There on the stair, right THERE!
Greys Campaign.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by Jernau35 »

:lol:

I'm assuming Chauncey's barrage of magic missiles atomized the one that was fighting Galanthas. i think the only one that is left is the one that is covered by the darkness spell at the bottom of the stairs. Which doesn't seem to be moving.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by Jernau35 »

Bluehorse wrote:Okay. So MMM is in place to block the skeleton carrying Gilthanas, and gorman is on the stairs behind the skeleton. Behind MMM is the darkness spell hiding goodness knows what. MMM has 1 hit point. He might only be a single round distraction or delay. Open to suggestions
Can Monocar get to Luther and stabilize him so he stops bleeding out? Maybe Gorman can interfere, but would that count as some form of offensive action?

How many of our people can get onto those stairs ASAP? If the whole stairwell was crowded, he might prefer to bug out. He couldn't physically attack more than one person could he? Maybe with a spell, but what options do we think he has left. I guess he could pull the descend trick again :( . Could others grab anybody who was commanded to do anything like that?

Human chain? We can't physically stop Gorman. But surround him and refuse to move? If he thinks he can't escape, he might run beforehand. Does he even know all the people who have tried to attack him but can't? He can't discount the threat.

Area attacks: Sanctuary doesn't protect against against those. Do we have anything like that? or anything that might even threaten something like that?

Rope: anybody get a rope on Luther and pull him up? maybe 1-2 hp damage to pull him? At this point worth the risk?

Throw oil on the stairs? Can't burn it, but it's going to be slippy. We can run a rope going up. He'll have to take his chances going down. Might distract him or even injure him.

Any way to make a lot of smoke on the stairs fast? That would confuse the hell out of the situation. That's probably why the darkness-skeleton is staying down there, so Gorman can see what is going on.

That's all i can think of for now. Mostly junk, but hopefully it will spark someone else's idea.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#335 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Monsieur Rose wrote:I seem to have lost count. How many skeletons are on the stairs?
I only see one skeleton on the map. :D
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#336 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wes wrote: Can Monocar get to Luther and stabilize him so he stops bleeding out? Maybe Gorman can interfere, but would that count as some form of offensive action?
Sure, but he would have to pass the skeleton and Gorman to get to him.

It is wise to believe that your enemy hasn't cast all of his spells yet.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#337 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Darklin2 wrote: Looks kind of like a barbarian woman i once saw in a bar. But she couldnt be here.
:lol:
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by Quonundrum »

Could be Lola from the Slovenly Trollop.

;)
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Jernau35 »

Bluehorse wrote:I want everyone to rest assured that Monocar has a hairbrained and thoroughly stupid idea percolating in his thick and busted up skull!
"And the Voice From On High did speak and sayeth 'Smile! Things could be worse.' So I smiled. And lo! Things did get worse".

:D

Return to “Completed Missions”