Briarbeard Tavern (Vaul) - III

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Briarbeard Tavern (Vaul) - III

#321 Post by Zhym »

Yeah, it's unusual to see MW gone for a week. Hopefully he'll pop back up on Monday.

Lug has 10 flasks of oil. Are torches still the best way to light the oil?
Mister-Kent
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#322 Post by Mister-Kent »

Yes, Enoch hasn't posted in my LL game in some time.
DMing DUNGEONESQUE, LL AEC Gothic-weird fantasy
DMing CAT'S CRADLE, Stars Without Number/Other Dust
Playing
Constance Wyrdweather and Ruwyn Hollowheart in Labyrinth Lord: West Marches Sandbox (LL AEC)
Formerly Numen, Thisby Queller (RIP) and Radiant Olympia (RIP)!
Frekken Ribbitowicz in Mutant Future: Tales from Gam'A Zone (Gamma World)
Anne Summerisle and Gustav the Grasping in Caves of Chaos (LL)
Elden Vodarte in The Horror at Briarsgate (AD&D 1E)
I make the comics and arts! // Tumblr // DeviantArt // EnterVOID
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by Keehnelf »

Torches are the most accurate and quick way to light oil, yes.
Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Zorroroaster »

Mister-Kent wrote:Yes, Enoch hasn't posted in my LL game in some time.
I've noticed lots of slow down across games lately. Must be the nice weather!
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by AleBelly »

"Well, Lug, I don't know where the hell that elf is, but I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble. Shall we shove off without him? If I stay in town much longer my liver's going to explode" chuckles Varas.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by Zhym »

I'm going to be working an election tomorrow at a site with really bad Internet access. I'm happy to wait until Wednesday morning to see if MonkeyWrench shows up. But if everyone else wants to get started now, that's okay too.
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by AleBelly »

Thanks for volunteering!

I'm at the airport heading out to vacation (if the plane ever leaves), so I can wait too. Just wanted to keep some momentum going. I sure do hope MW returns soon...
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#328 Post by Dram »

Baxtaw- Comes down from his room and asks the tavern keeper. Good sir how much do I owe for the room so far.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by MonkeyWrench »

you all are so sweet lol. Yeah, I'm back! Life decided to sucker punch me then run away, real dick move...

Valorei walks into the tavern, reading over some papers of what could be best described as hastily scribbled notes with numbers etched throughout and lots of question marks. He looks up briefly, seeing his friends crowded around with other people he had yet to meet Val waves to them and calls out, "Hello! My friends! I took a walk and some idea's came to me about my plans for this town, you wouldn't bel..." Valorei looks around, now at the group and able to tell the attitude of this meeting, "Yes... Well then, Sorry for intruding? Did something happen?" Valorei's face then shows alarm, "Did the dragon move?!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Zhym »

"Orrin, Naila, Remus, Jem, and Adrienne got captured by a band of orcs," says Lug. "We're planning a rescue mission. Want to come? The orcs might have some stuff that would help against your dragon."
Last edited by Zhym on Wed May 20, 2015 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#331 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Valorei thinks for a moment, "I have no idea who any of those people are, but I would never forgive myself for not helping those in need, especially when those in need are captives!" Valorei bows to the large warrior, his form respectful and proper, "I am Valorei, or Val as some of my friends call me. I would be honored to aid in defeating these creatures of evil and saving your captured companions." He stands back up straight and gives the man a wide and genuine smile, "Perhaps your group and my group can join together to take on this dragon to the east, I believe you will find the trip most eventful. May I ask, what is your name?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Zhym »

"Name's Lug. You might have heard some songs about me," says Lug with a wink. "Glad to have you aboard."

"That seems to be all aboard who's coming aboard," he adds. "Anything else we need to do before we leave? I got ten flasks of oil and seven torches. I'll also pitch in 33 gold for the mercenaries. Who can scrounge up the other 65?"
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#333 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Val gives a short laugh and smile to Lug, "I was wondering when we would meet! I hope the others haven't told you too many of my bad habits haha!"
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by Keehnelf »

Baxtaw owes 12 nights' lodging, so 6s for common room or 1g2s for an individual room accommodation.

I am working on finalizing the Rescue Mission thread opener--please finish up whatever business you have in town and get yourself set up through April 28 if you wish to join. Val's expedition returned on the 16th so that's 12 days' lodging for anyone who hadn't already advanced themselves to another date.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#335 Post by Marullus »

Nihilius stays in the common room six nights after his return from the Tower of Wendall, doing his best to be inconspicuous in a bed near the wall and sleeping fitfully among the snores. (-3sp) He already converted his coins and purchased new rations, ready to go on the rescue mission.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Keehnelf »

April 28, 1 VC

Early in the morning, a large group of adventurers and mercenaries led by Lug, the Hero of Songs, departed Vaul in search of a number of comrades presumed captured by the orcs laired near the west flank of the Finger of Doom.

The expedition thread is now open, pending a declaration of direction of travel (in the thread) and someone ponying up for the rest of the mercenary advance fees (here, town business or expedition thread are all fine locations for that).
AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by AleBelly »

Zhym wrote:"Name's Lug. You might have heard some songs about me," says Lug with a wink. "Glad to have you aboard."

"That seems to be all aboard who's coming aboard," he adds. "Anything else we need to do before we leave? I got ten flasks of oil and seven torches. I'll also pitch in 33 gold for the mercenaries. Who can scrounge up the other 65?"
Varas offers 150 sp for the effort sp already marked off on character sheet
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#338 Post by Keehnelf »

OK, 50gp left before we can get under way.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by Zhym »

I believe Ruwyn had also offered to pay for the mercs.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#340 Post by Keehnelf »

Yeah, Ruwyn's the one who actually hired the mercs--waiting on confirmation of actual money paid, however.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”