[Continued] - Harrowing Festival - 1 VC - Vaul

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Harrowing Festival - 1 VC - Vaul

#321 Post by Keehnelf »

Buryl wrestling [1d20+2] = 7+2 = 9, [1d2+2] = 2+2 = 4 - init [1d6] = 3

Buryl utters an unpleasant grunt as Lug's head cracks against his, and he falls flat on to the ground, completely unconscious. The crowd roars wildly!
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#322 Post by Keehnelf »

After being given a few minutes to rest, Lug is pitted against Dorvar--since Buryl is still unconscious. Here's hoping he recovers before it's time for his match against the dwarf.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#323 Post by Zhym »

Is there another HP loss from the second fight, or is Lug still at -1 HP total from max?
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#324 Post by Keehnelf »

It's down another one.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#325 Post by Zhym »

I think that gives Orrin an advantage. In the three matches, he'll be the only one to be rested when his opponent is tired.

Lug towels himself off from the previous fight and gets back into the ring. He jumps around to keep the blood moving, turning as he does so to wave at the crowd in acknowledgement of their cheers. Then he looks toward the opposite side of the ring and bows to Dorvar. He stands, one foot in front of the other, extends one arm, grins, and waves his fingers in the universal sign for "Bring it on!"

Weaponless attack: [1d20+2] = 14+2 = 16 Dmg: [1d2+2] = 2+2 = 4 Initiative: [1d6] = 6
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#326 Post by Keehnelf »

Dorvar, yes. He's less tired than you by one match, and will be the same as Buryl when he faces off against him (since he'll have had another match since and Buryl will not).
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#327 Post by Zhym »

More precisely, it disadvantages Lug. Lug won the first round, but he has to go against a fresh Dorvar. Buryl lost the first round, but gets a tired Dorvar. That doesn't seem right. The winner of the first match ought to get an advantage, not a penalty, IMO.

ETA: Orrin/Dorvar corrected. Wishful thinking, maybe!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#328 Post by Scott308 »

Dorvar

Initiative: [1d6] = 5

Could they have found a bigger opponent for me? asks Dorvar, looking up at his opponent. He shrugs his shoulders, Well, it'll hurt him more when he gets knocked to the ground, I reckon. The dwarf slowly approaches Lug before putting his head down in attempt to barrel the taller man over.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#329 Post by Keehnelf »

Dorvar charges the giant, slamming into his stomach with head down. Lug is slightly surprised by the force of the impact, and almost topples helplessly before it, but at the last minute he grabs hold of Dorvar's arms under the shoulders and turns the tumble into a full-body suplex, flipping the dwarf over his head so he lands on his back in the dirt. Both combatants, immediately feeling the soreness from their prior conflicts, take a moment to let the worst of it pass before they re-engage.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#330 Post by Zhym »

Lug rushes at Dorvar, but trips over his own feet.

Weaponless attack: [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3 Dmg: [1d2+2] = 2+2 = 4 Initiative: [1d6] = 3

Wow. Just made two rolls for Lug, one here and one in his current expedition, and both were 1s. I call broken roller. :D
Scott308

#331 Post by Scott308 »

Initiative: [1d6] = 2

Dorvar is slower to regain his feet than the giant, but it works to his advantage as the giant stumbles in his haste to attack the smaller man. The dwarf takes advantage of Lug's misstep and leaps for his back, wrapping his massive arms around Lug's neck in an attempt to make him black out.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#332 Post by Keehnelf »

Lug stumbles slightly, and Dorvar uses the opportunity to circle around and mount the massive man. Wrapping his thick arms tightly around the man's neck, he uses Lug's forward momentum to plant him face-first in the ground and it is only a brief moment before Lug calls forfeit while make a startled "O" face with his voiceless mouth.

The crowd goes wild at the sight of the short, heavily scarred dwarf taking down such a beast. A voice from the assembled throng cries out "+4 Racial bonus versus giants! Woo!"

Buryl, just recovering from his own thrashing at Lug's hands, can only shake his head, white as a sheet.
Scott308

#333 Post by Scott308 »

Dorvar will stand up and offer a hand to his vanquished opponent. After Lug makes his way out of the ring, Dorvar will call out for his next opponent. I'm ready for the next round now; I don't need a rest. Send in the next wrestler! He will begin pacing the ring, swinging his arms to stay limber while waiting for Buryl.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#334 Post by Keehnelf »

Buryl leaps over the low wall to the ring, allowing his cloak of furs to fly free and drift to the ground while still in mid-air. He throws his arms up into the air as a sign of his confidence in victory to come, before facing off against Dorvar with a wide grin.

"Well, you've bested a giant, friend dwarf. Now prepare to face a man!"

He dives at Dorvar suddenly--but is still clearly recovering from his concussion, and falls flat on his face in front of the dwarf.

Buryl wrestling [1d20+2] = 1+2 = 3, [1d2+2] = 2+2 = 4 - init [1d6] = 2
Scott308

#335 Post by Scott308 »

Dorvar

Initiative: [1d6] = 4

Dorvar, possibly underestimating his need for a rest between opponents, fails to take advantage of the man falling in front of him.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#336 Post by Keehnelf »

Both combatants struggle to properly engage, too exhausted or disoriented to utilize all their skill. Buryl pushes back from where Dorvar has him gripped in an ineffective hold, wipes his mouth, and says, "Okay, let's start over" with a chuckle.

However, his words betray him and he attempts a hold against the dwarf that he would have known would be ineffective if he had been conscious to watch the match with Lug.

Buryl wrestling [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5, dam [1d2+2] = 1+2 = 3, init [1d6] = 2
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#337 Post by Zhym »

Lug wakes up with a splitting headache. He does the math—if he has a chance at the championship, he needs Dorvar to lose. "Get 'im, Buryl!" he shouts.
Scott308

#338 Post by Scott308 »

Hearing Buryl speak, Dorvar is momentarily caught off guard when Buryl attempts to grapple instead of breaking. But only momentarily. When he realizes what the other man is doing, he uses Buryl's momentum against him, allowing him to grab Dorvar before the dwarf twists, causing Buryl to flip over Dorvar's hip, landing heavily on the ground with the stocky dwarf ending up on top of him.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#339 Post by Keehnelf »

Sorry, me not neatly dividing this into rounds in my posts left me confused. Here goes--back on track!

Dorvar's attack stuns the big man, and he scrambles to attempt to free himself but seems hampered by the fact that the wind goes out of him every few seconds. He growls and attempts to throw the dwarf off bodily, but Dorvar's grip is too strong, and his backside is too stout.

Buryl wrestle [1d20+2] = 8+2 = 10, damage [1d2+2] = 2+2 = 4, init [1d6] = 3

Actions and initiative!
Scott308

#340 Post by Scott308 »

Initiative: [1d6] = 4

Dorvar presses his advantage, maintaining his grip on Buryl. He squeezes harder, trying to drive the breath from his opponent.

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”