[Closed] OOC Chat III

KingOfCowards
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC Chat III

#281 Post by KingOfCowards »

Apologies for my absence over the weekend. I was at the Hall of Fame seeing my boy, Tim Brown, get inducted.
It doesn't look like I missed too much except for a page or two of loot discussion. I should be able to catch up later today.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Keehnelf »

Nice! I watched a bit of that and I thought I recognized your [distinctive feature or article of clothing] in the audience!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by Zhym »

Keehnelf wrote:I've decided to make a revision to the category of Heroic Weapons outlined in the post below, in order to provide a bit more individual control and choice:

viewtopic.php?f=163&t=3348&start=20#p170532

Basically consider everything in the final section of that post null and void, and replaced with the following.

---

As adventurers travel about, experiencing amazing things and surviving terrible encounters, the residue of their experiences clings about them, contributing not only to their reputation and eventual legend but also to their self-possession and the things that define them.

At the end of any expedition, each surviving character will receive a number of Item XP equal to the non-treasure-related XP they earned during that adventure. . . .
Cool! So is this retroactive (i.e., if we go back on our characters' old threads and see how much XP was for non-items), or starting with new expeditions?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by Keehnelf »

Zhym wrote:
Keehnelf wrote:I've decided to make a revision to the category of Heroic Weapons outlined in the post below, in order to provide a bit more individual control and choice:

viewtopic.php?f=163&t=3348&start=20#p170532

Basically consider everything in the final section of that post null and void, and replaced with the following.

---

As adventurers travel about, experiencing amazing things and surviving terrible encounters, the residue of their experiences clings about them, contributing not only to their reputation and eventual legend but also to their self-possession and the things that define them.

At the end of any expedition, each surviving character will receive a number of Item XP equal to the non-treasure-related XP they earned during that adventure. . . .
Cool! So is this retroactive (i.e., if we go back on our characters' old threads and see how much XP was for non-items), or starting with new expeditions?
Starting with new expeditions.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by AleBelly »

I like the idea! I can't wait for Varas's Longbow of Missing, +1. But would that be +1 to hit or -1 to hit?

Spartakos
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#286 Post by Spartakos »

AleBelly wrote:I like the idea! I can't wait for Varas's Longbow of Missing, +1. But would that be +1 to hit or -1 to hit?
-1 to hit, +1 to Cha.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Keehnelf »

We could make it exceptionally powerful and have it only deal damage on a miss. Deadliest bow ever, in the right hands...

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by AleBelly »

Very powerful to Varas!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by Zhym »

It'll be a refreshing change for Varas to be the one dealing friendly damage instead of receiving it!

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#290 Post by Dogma »

so Martin gained enough XP to hit 2nd level and I roll a freaking "1" for new hp. This PC is destined to die a horrible death...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#291 Post by Zhym »

Ouch.

The good news is that there are now four more 2nd-level clerics in the game. That can only help.

Kind of odd that the party went to the tomb loaded with clerics and encountered almost no undead, though.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by Marullus »

Dogma wrote:While waiting for the expedition to free Bertram from possession to leave Vaul, Martin would like to see if there is a set of banded mail for sale.
Damn right. That Bertram is possessed. What an evil dude... ;)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by Keehnelf »

Zhym wrote:Ouch.

The good news is that there are now four more 2nd-level clerics in the game. That can only help.

Kind of odd that the party went to the tomb loaded with clerics and encountered almost no undead, though.
When they went in and DID encounter undead with a party full of clerics, the results were less than stellar. One cleric dead, another unconscious, one experiencing a crisis of faith.

So be glad you didn't see that a second time...

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Zhym »

I'm not saying I wanted more undead. Lots of loot and no undead is better than lots of undead and death any day!

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by Keehnelf »

Dogma wrote:so Martin gained enough XP to hit 2nd level and I roll a freaking "1" for new hp. This PC is destined to die a horrible death...
Ouch, rough times!

Just a quick reminder to anyone who levels up--please send me a PM or post in private forum letting me know and linking your HP roll.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by Zhym »

Keehnelf wrote:Close to a dozen gnomes in dun-colored robes and tunics are gathering up belongings that lie about a cozy space in the midst of the forest roughly thirty feet across, heaping materials on top of a small wooden cart hitched to a nervous-looking donkey.
The Archduchy of Vaul: where gnomes are gnomes and donkeys are nervous.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#297 Post by Dogma »

Marullus wrote:
Dogma wrote:While waiting for the expedition to free Bertram from possession to leave Vaul, Martin would like to see if there is a set of banded mail for sale.
Too many dwarves with names starting with "B". All that beard....Martin can't tell them apart :)

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#298 Post by Dogma »

Keehnelf wrote:. Just a quick reminder to anyone who levels up--please send me a PM or post in private forum letting me know and linking your HP roll.
Do you need me to pm my "1" roll? Pretty sure I didn't fudge it:)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by Keehnelf »

Nope, I checked the roller and you're good :)

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by Keehnelf »

Dogma wrote:
Marullus wrote:
Too many dwarves with names starting with "B". All that beard....Martin can't tell them apart :)
Except (I can't believe I'm saying this yet again) Bertram isn't a dwarf ;)

Return to “History - Completed Expeditions”