The Garage

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Garage

#281 Post by ybn1197 »

Tucker

"Poor kid, he's taking it rough." Tucker grabs a beer and pops it open taking a healthy gulp. "What was up with that biter with the pistol?" he says to no one in particular. "I've seen the movies and played the video games. They aren't supposed to be able to run or fire a weapon. Granted it had no accuracy, but what the hell was it doing! It seemed to be in command of the others."

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#282 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

After parking both vehicles in the garage and closing the door, Lester grabs a beer and pops it open, taking a long satisfied slug. "I thought you boys were goners inside that damn store. I'm glad ya made it." Lester goes to Chance and pats him on the shoulder. "Take it easy, son. There's no easy way about this mess here, but we'll figure something out together."

Lester eases into a chair and sets his shotgun and tire iron next to him, and he take out the leaders pistol and waves it around, setting on on the floor for someone to take. "I'm just an old coot, but I think we take a day or so and let these fellas heal up, and in the meantime we mount the plow on my Ford, and we plan our next move. I like the idea of heading to the hospital. We can get some meds, and with some luck, they might have a medical chopper handy. If it's fueled and good to go, I can fly that damn thing. don't know where to go, but we can go someplace. What do you all think?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#283 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy takes a long pull to finish off his beer. He smashes the can between his hands and tosses it at the empty beer box. He speaks very softly, in a raspy whisper.

I told you homes its dia de la muerte.......day of the dead. An ancient prophecy that tells of the day the dead rise and take over the world.

He stands up and takes off his jacket to show whoever is looking some of his ink.
image.jpg
image.jpg (95.4 KiB) Viewed 400 times
Its actually happening holmes. We're all going to be fucked eventually. Where will we go in a helicopter to escape this?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#284 Post by Bloodaxe »

Norm comes out of hiding and hugs Lester. Blackie jumps up and down, excited.
Uncle Lester! Im glad you're back. After you left, that biter in the army helmet started gathering up more of those things. Then it came back with a crowbar. I hid in the office. John tried to get out the back. I don't know what happened to him. Maybe he got away.....

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#285 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist
Garage

John went outside? On his own? How long ago was this- did he say where he was going? asks Derek, shaking his head. I hadn't known him well, but he seemed like a pretty good guy from the amount of time we worked together. I hope he is able to make it to safety. Hey, did he leave his camera here?

Derek will look for the camera. If he finds it, he will remove whatever storage media the video footage John had shot would be stored and keep it, in order to get the footage to a news network if they get out of this mess.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#286 Post by Bloodaxe »

9pm night
Scott308 wrote:Derek- Journalist
Garage

John went outside? On his own? How long ago was this- did he say where he was going? asks Derek, shaking his head. I hadn't known him well, but he seemed like a pretty good guy from the amount of time we worked together. I hope he is able to make it to safety. Hey, did he leave his camera here?

Derek will look for the camera. If he finds it, he will remove whatever storage media the video footage John had shot would be stored and keep it, in order to get the footage to a news network if they get out of this mess.

Norm points to a corner of the garage , and there the camera equipment sits.
Those things were pounding on the door and John made a run for one of the cars. It looked like they were gonna get in. I just think he was trying to get away. We both thought we were done for. Its lucky you showed up.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#287 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester nods at Chingy's tattoo and says "Mmm hmm. Might be something to that. But this ol' guy aint' gonna go down without a fight. Don't know where to go if I can find a chopper, but it might help us get some up top view of what's out there, and maybe a safer place to hole up, eh?"

Lester hugs Norm and pets Blackie and says "Glad you two are alright. You did good, staying put." He looks at the others and says "It's dark, no time to go chasin' after that guy. He knew the score. We'll see if we can find him in the morning. Heck, he might be a biter pounding' on the door by then."

He turns to Tiny and says "Hey young fella, get some meds in ya, yer' looking a bit hurting. Rest a bit. And sorry about tossing ya in the mud."

Lester will peek out the windows and see if a car is missing, and what's going on outside.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#288 Post by Bloodaxe »

Tiny nods and smiles at Lester.
Its no problem. Shit happens.
He cracks a beer and takes some meds.
With the cars in here, we can make a quick get away....and we can bunk in them.
He lays down in the back seat.
CLAIMED!

Lester looks outside. There are a few biters here and there, but nothing to worry about. The jogging zombie runs by the garage on his eternal run, ignoring all.

OOC- The night passes without any problems. Chingy & Chnace feel better- back to full Health scores. The group is rested, & restocked.

2 First Aid Kits (one use, then gone, immediately heals 1 Health point)
36 days food/water ( so 6 days food/water for 6 people)
Still low on ammo.
Pretty low on gas. (Lester's gas cans )
Garage is pretty secure and vehicles are inside, supplied & ready to go.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#289 Post by saalaria »

Steve - Trucker
Garage

"So that's two we've seen not just stumbling around - why you think they're different?"

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#290 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester glances at Steve and shrugs. "Who knows? maybe some impulse or somethin' makes em' do stuff they're familiar with. Kinda scary, especially when they run instead a' shambling along. Nothin' a shotgun won't fix." He pats the well worn stock of his 12 gauge.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#291 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy

Well, if they're smart enough to put on helmets to protect themselves, we better stay away from any zombie SWAT teams or prison guards.

That actually gives Chingy an idea and he tries to think of where the nearest prison might be.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by AleBelly »

"Just stay away from those zombie prostitutes" jokes Chance, clearly trying to make up for his sobbing episode earlier.

"Thanks for letting me regain my strength. And..." he adds uncomfortably "I can't promise I won't break down again, but I can promise you it won't happen when it matters."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#293 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist

No problem, man. These are difficult times for everyone, and stress manifests itself in many ways. You've shown that when the adrenaline is pumping, we can count on you. That's what is important. There is nothing to be embarrassed about. Right now, all our lives depend on each one of us being at the top of our game when it matters. Afterwards, deal with it as you need to, as long as it doesn't impact us negatively and you'll be fine. Derek smiles at Chance, hopefully encouraging him.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#294 Post by Bloodaxe »

7am the next day

Tiny snores quite loudly, still asleep. All is quiet.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#295 Post by saalaria »

Steve - Trucker
Garage

Steve checks over his inventory and cleans the rifle as much as he can.

"Say anyone got much experience with guns? I need to know how to clean this thing

He looks in Tiny's direction now and again and will monitor if the snoring stops.
How much ammo does Steve have?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#296 Post by Bloodaxe »

saalaria wrote:Steve - Trucker
Garage

Steve checks over his inventory and cleans the rifle as much as he can.

"Say anyone got much experience with guns? I need to know how to clean this thing

He looks in Tiny's direction now and again and will monitor if the snoring stops.
How much ammo does Steve have?
Instead of counting every bullet, we just use a quick/easy rule. A head shot isn't easy, especially when being attacked by cannibal corpses. After every fight that you use a gun, I roll a d6 for each character/gun used- on a 1 - you roll out of ammo. (until you find more) If ammo is very low, the roll may be 1, 2 (or 3 ) on d6 to run out.
I think at this point, each character has a small pistol (+1d6) and a hunting rifle (+2d6). Lester has a shotgun.(+3d6).

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#297 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester wakes up and feeds Blackie, then quickly makes his way to the coffee pot. "Uhhh... I'm makin' coffee, if anyone wants any. Once we get some Joe in our guts, can a couple a' you fellas help me put the plow on the Ford?" He glances at Tiny and says "Someone oughta check on Tiny. I'm hoping the big guy isn't getting an infection or something. Maybe those meds'll help." He chuckles and says "And after that mess outside yesterday, we probably need to load up our stuff in case we've got to bug out of here quick. If it all goes to shit, we may not have time to pack. Steve, C'mon over here. I'll show ya how to clean that thing."

OOC: Lester's plan for today: Mount the plow, start gathering some essential tools to put in the truck to take with us, and gathering all the gas cans we can find, along with the foodstuffs.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#298 Post by Bloodaxe »

8am

Tiny wakes up, yawns, and farts loudly.
Sorry.

He unwraps his hand.
Hey, its looking better. Shit man, I was worried. Whats the plan??

A moment later you hear a very loud sound coming from outside. You aren't sure what it is but its so loud it makes your ears pop. Its kind of like a wooshing sound, like a plane or jet.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by AleBelly »

Chance will gulp down some coffee then help with the plow. He doesn't have any hands-on experience, but his father managed the Honda plant in Marysville, so he has a working knowledge of some cars.

When he hears the whooshing, he rushes to a window and peeks through the gaps in any boards.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#300 Post by Bloodaxe »

Chance thinks its a jet at first, or a rocket. But as he looks on , he sees that its a missile! Several miles away, in the Pennsylvania farmland, someone has launched a missile!

Return to “Rot World RPG”