1. Shooting, Beating, Stabbing

tibbius
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 1. The Mission (Action)

#281 Post by Lance »

Clark has a very exciting evening arguing with someone online about post-mortem rights before going to sleep frustrated.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by BackworldTraveller »

I think I might be able to find some useful electronics at work
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by shaidar »

Shift

"I can endeavour to infiltrate the maintenance team and investigate. It would be particularly efficient if we could access their maintenance fault reporting system and generate some fake entries for the floor so I can gain access to the apartments there."
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#284 Post by tibbius »

Daybreak. Is it Thursday?

The air is warm, the sky is clear, last night's rainfall steams up from the streets.

Angus has a text: Re: classroom incident - paperwork - need to file report - please contact today. Investigator P. Furbish, CIS. CIS = "Corporate Investigative Service." You don't want to screw around with them.

Shift is among a crowd of droids undocking and moving toward their day jobs while others arrive to downtime from the night shift.

Clark has a couple of follow up emails about the meeting yesterday. One references stuff he knows nothing about, including some pretty salacious side-talk, probably someone fumble-fingered Chesney's address again.

Louis waits for response to his texts.

What do you do?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#285 Post by Lance »

tibbius wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:38 pm Clark has a couple of follow up emails about the meeting yesterday. One references stuff he knows nothing about, including some pretty salacious side-talk, probably someone fumble-fingered Chesney's address again.
Do go on. ;) Clark enjoys the gossip while he has his morning coffee. He's then off to work, all the while thumbing through his mental contact list, looking for a way to get closer to the honeypot. (By honeypot, I mean the camera feeds.)

Connections: [1d10]=9

Of, course, Chesney! Re-reading the e-mail, Clark gets the feeling this might actually be the project he's looking for! He'll grab a coffee with him before lunchtime.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by shaidar »

Shift heads towards the tower block, attempting to quietly fall in with any droids that seem to have the block as their final destination.

Anonymity: [1d8]=6
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#287 Post by thenewflesh »

Louis eats, showers, vapes, swivels absent-mindedly in his chair, brooding over the upcoming murder to the sound of maniacal saxophone shredding, Coltrane gone as far out as Coltrane ever went. The track shudders to a halt, and Louis reaches for his hoodie.

He makes his way to the tower.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#288 Post by tibbius »

thenewflesh wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:55 am Louis ... makes his way to the tower.
It's a typical residential tower, people in and out all the time, no real control on the entrance. Louis easily enters the lobby, studies the bank of elevators. There are twenty-four floors in the tower. Andy Berry lives in 22-14.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#289 Post by tibbius »

The lobby shows the symptoms of being a low priority for Govcorp maintenance - the off-grey carpet has a waterstain next to the cracked glass doors, and is peeling up in the corner under the dirty window next to the elevator. One of the fluorescent bulbs in the acoustic tile ceiling flickers fitfully, leaving blue and yellow streaks across Louis's vision when he glances at it. Looking around a little, he sees there is a fist-dent in the drywall by the door for the fire stairs.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by shaidar »

Shift slips into the block with the other droids.

Once inside he follows them to the maintenance area, attempting to discern how he can get assigned a job on the same floor as the target.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#291 Post by tibbius »

The building supervisor droid is waiting in the maintenance area. "Who we got today?" it chirps over the ad hoc wireless network called Maintenance_5. "LEEroy, H78B, RNee ... hey, what's your name, fellow?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by shaidar »

Shift

"I am Wall-E"
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#293 Post by thenewflesh »

Louis looks around, shrugs, and goes up to the relevant floor and towards the relevant apartment, keeping an eye out for Shift as he goes.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#294 Post by tibbius »

Shift

"We got a list of stuff. Access it here." And it scrolls. There's something for the 22d floor. Electrical socket needs a new plate.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by shaidar »

Shift quickly registers for the work on the 22nd floor. If there is a 'uniform' the droids wear to identify themselves on the job he'll grab one. He also grabs a set of electrical tools and heads up to the job.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#296 Post by tibbius »

There's no particular uniform, not even an ID tag.

Shift goes up the stairs to the lobby, and almost bumps into Louis as the human is about to board an elevator.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by shaidar »

Shift

"Excuse me sir, I apologise. After you sir" he does a long, almost comical, wink at Louis.

Shift follows Loius into the elevator and presses the button for 22.

"Which floor sir?" he asks Louis.

I'm not sure he has eyelids to wink with, but probably some kind of glowing electronic eye that he can wink off then on :wink:
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#298 Post by thenewflesh »

"The twenty-second. I have a client I wish to visit." Louis goes, hoping that Shift contains the most rudimentary innuendo networks. So he winks cartoonishly, just to be sure.

They arrive at the 22nd, and Louis goes to knock at the Real Boy's apartment door.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by shaidar »

Shift hangs back slightly to see which apartment has the work order in relation to Louis's destination.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#300 Post by tibbius »

Shift finds that he's at the next door down from Louis, who is poised to knock.

Louis' knuckles thunk against the door. There's no answer, not even a sound of motion. Louis stands for a moment in the hallway.

What do you do next?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Change Agents (CRAWLERS)”