TREEHOUSE (tavern)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: TREEHOUSE (tavern)

#261 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall keeps looking out for spiders, missing the half-orc's sarcasm entirely when he leaves.

"Oh yesa! No problem, mon! Mi always appy ta elp!"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#262 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Bigtaff wrote:Yep, Talaris is in the tavern, buying drinks and trying to gather information.
Being the only one left in the tavern now at this early hour, Randall smiles at Talaris blankly, not sure who he actually is.

"Tell mi juss wha Randall can do fi you, missa elf-man. Mi don't tink mi see ya roun ear before."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#263 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As Saracen is leaving the tavern, headed for the beach, he sees his kinfolk Maag approaching again.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen calls out to Maag as the strapping half-orc approaches. Hail orc kin! That was a complete bust in there, he’s worse than useless regarding our latest endeavour. How did it go with you? Any news? he says in orcish.
Greys Campaign.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"Nah mate" replies Maag. "Nuffin doin'. Mebbe in da future, but not yet".

"You seen any of de others? I was finkin' of goin' for a walk up da beach to see wos up dere. Or mebbe out into da jungle a bit, see if we can find sumfin to kill an' eat. 'Av yer noticed 'ow scrawny everrybody is?"
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by Storm11 »

Saracen nods sadly. These humans have hunted, fished and harvested everything in miles of Beachtown. No common sense at all
Greys Campaign.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"Well I tell yer what, it's still early and I don't fancy standing rahnd wiv me thumb up me bum all day. Dere's gotta be sumfin to do. Maybe da tavern bloke's got a few uvva leads 'e can give us"

Maag heads back over to the Treehouse and climbs up once again, intent on seeing what other information about the area Randall can tell him. Once up there, he sees Talaris has beaten him to it and waits his turn. "Oi Randall mate! When yer done wiv Woss-iz-face over dere, come an 'ave a chat wiv me"

Bigtaff
Ranger
Ranger

#268 Post by Bigtaff »

Talaris

(OOC - not sure if buying beers got me any information or not.)

Since Talaris was just making small talk with Randall he waves Maag over.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#269 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The bar is empty this early in the morning, save for Randall, Talaris, and now Maag.

They make small talk over a mug of grog that would curl a witches toes.

Randall wipes sleep out of his eye as he listens to what the others have to say.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

"So den, Randall me old mucker. What sort of things are dere to poke yer nose into rahd 'ere? I woz finkin' of 'eadin out wiv Gilbert to dat big spider place, y'know? But dere's a lot of fellas goin' on dat trip. Might get a bit crowded." The half-orc nudges Talaris "An' less profitable too. Too many fingers in da pie". he mutters to the elf.

"Anyfink else worth lookin' into?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#271 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall yawns before replying to Magg.

"Hmmmmmmm.......less see.......Did mi warn ya bout da monkoons yet?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Walks in looking like something chewed him up and spit him out and yet he still smiles like a giant goofball (Which conveniently, he is) until he hears Randall warning about the Monkoons. Then his face twists into a scowl and he tromps up to the man, not in his face, but a big man moving with purpose is hard to miss, especially when they are drenched in sweat and dried blood that doesn't appear to be all his. Randall! his voice wasn't truly angry yet, he sounded more like he had been let down. We told you!
We've made peace with the Treefolk. They are not animals! They are little hairy people kind of like Lightfinger. Remember when we told you we spoke to their chief? Remember when he said he wanted peace? Haven't you talked to Owen? He's acting like a diplobat for us with them. To be perfectly honest, if I were to see anyone making trouble with them, I might drive them into the ground like a tent stake!
Oh, yeah, and how are you? I'd like a bowl of jungle stew.
Big grin.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by Jernau35 »

Maag

The slightly over 5' tall half-orc looks up at the giant next to him who seems to like these "monkoons" a lot. Seems like a good enough reason to leave them alone, whatever they are thinks Maag.

"So, big fella, wos your name? I'm Maag, but you can call me...Maag"

"You look like a bloke who knows 'ow to 'andle 'imself. You got any mates who might be interested in takin' on a new fella?" he asks Monocar.

As he listens to Monocar's answer, Maag decides to hang around the tavern for a while to see who else drifts in looking for an extra man on their crew. If nothing appeals to him he'll set out with spider hunters when they depart.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by Jernau35 »

Sorry Bigtaff, I forgot Talaris wanted to talk too :oops:
Maag

"Wot abaht you Talaris? You definitely goin' out wiv da spider 'unters tomorrow? Ah'll tell yer one fing: it looks like all de 'oly men are goin' along on dat one. Dat might be a good sign". Maag thinks for a moment. "Not so good fer anybody goin out anywhere else tho'" He winces, maybe from the thought of being out in the jungle, badly injured with no chance of healing...or maybe from the taste of the grog...it's hard to tell.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#275 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall steps back from the imposing form of the not so gentle giant Monocar when he interludes, quickly getting his meal ready for him.

"Oh yesa big man! Mi remember! Mi still don't truss dem dough. An hell no, O N no come in ear no more! Him always off elping dat Ray-tan guy dees days!"

He leans in on the conversation between Maag and the others at any inopportune moment.

"Mi tink dat skinny wizzad is looking fi some elp. Him was asking roun an I tink him even ang up a notice down below."

viewtopic.php?f=446&t=6347&start=500#p361008

Bigtaff
Ranger
Ranger

#276 Post by Bigtaff »

Talaris

Thinking for a second, "Probably go with the group till I find my way around here. Just to be safe,"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#277 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

The big man smiles and nods to Randall. Trust is earned, i agree! But lets give it a chance, that's all im saying. No more talk of killing them. I intend to be their defender until all this can be worked out with cooler heads. I think their a good lot and this town just kinda landed in their front yard. How would you react if say... i dunno... a colony of stone giants sailed up and set up a town in your back lot and decided you were pest? Just my thinking. Don't take the tent stake comment too personal. I'd fight for you just the same. Monocar handed Randall the silver for the meal and turned to the halforg, Maag.

hi, brother! My name's Monocar. Most call me... well, lets not get into those names... Monocar will do. You look plenty stout to me! Always something to do around here. Randall here is right, Cauncy will be recruiting in the morning
As for me, I'll be doing some work around town until i csn heal up a bit. Some pirate types gave us some trouble by the river. Had to cut on in half to make him stop. Looked like they burned the little village there. Shame to think of what happened to the people there. One of them said something about slaves up north and a plantation of ricious herb.

Bigtaff
Ranger
Ranger

#278 Post by Bigtaff »

Talaris

To Monocar "You are injured ?"

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#279 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Looks over to Talaris. Who me? Oh, yeah... Most of the blood is... uhm... someone else's, but yeah, I'm pretty sore and it hurts when I do this... He turns his head to the side until it cracks loudly.

Bigtaff
Ranger
Ranger

#280 Post by Bigtaff »

Talaris

He moves forward and checks Monocar's neck. If he thinks it will help he will cast a cure light wounds.

Return to “Completed Missions”