05. Journey to O'Hare

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 05. Journey to O'Hare

#261 Post by wolfpack »

Interesting.

Rubbing his chin Epsilon walks to the side of one the people who did not speak and snaps his fingers beside their ear.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#262 Post by dmw71 »

"What would you know of common courtesies?" quips the leaders; still the only individual in the mob to speak. Even the finger snap doesn't elicit a reaction from the non-speaker Epsilon targets.

"I suggest you all leave now." the leader says calmly, but firmly. Gustov looks as if he wants to break his silence, but ultimately remains quiet.
:?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#263 Post by Stonjuz »

"We're leaving. So much for the idea of using this town for base of operations.
Like the saying goes, 'A single word sprinkled with mud taste better than a paragraph covered in cinnamon'."

No one in the crowd understands the quip and soon everyone in Shannigan's group dismisses the halfling to the rear as unhelpful.

ooc: Even I've never heard that phrase before, just mixing the post with news headlines a bit.
I lost a bet yesterday. I said cinnamon was not poison, but by definition I lost.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#264 Post by Alethan »

While he is talking, Gwillt more closely examines the speaker, looking for any indication of what job he may have outside of starting a riot and if he can determine what kind of control he has over the other people in the room...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by onlyme »

Stonjuz wrote: ooc: Even I've never heard that phrase before, just mixing the post with news headlines a bit.
I lost a bet yesterday. I said cinnamon was not poison, but by definition I lost.
A spoonful of cinnamon apparently brings the doctor... read that article myself this week.

Ewell takes a second to register the complete lack of hospitality and turns toward this leader.
Who doesnt find us welcome here? You or someone else? We came here in peace, and we plan to remain here, in peace. However, if you or anyone else is a itchin' for blood, you might want to reconsider.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#266 Post by wolfpack »

SPeaking to the one who did not react to his snap Epsilon stands right in front of him and says loudly.

May your wifes womb rot from another mans infestation, and may warts grow on the inside of your nose o' gurgler of camel piss
saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#267 Post by saalaria »

Kaltar grips the handle of his mace but makes sure to keep it lowered ...for now. He looks intently at the group of potential enemies, trying to gauge their intentions and will shift to a stronger defence as quickly as possible if required.
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#268 Post by Nuke66 »

Garth looks around at his compatriots, noting the mostly human group should not face this level of disrespect.

As the mob assembles, the Druid looks for an opportune time to address the crowd, which never really comes.

Leaving his blade sheathed, he stays close to the group as they retreat from the inn.

"Come, let us restock and leave this town." Trying to defuse the situation.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#269 Post by onlyme »

wolfpack wrote:SPeaking to the one who did not react to his snap Epsilon stands right in front of him and says loudly.

May your wifes womb rot from another mans infestation, and may warts grow on the inside of your nose o' gurgler of camel piss

See, how can they not believe we came in peace... :D
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#270 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:While he is talking, Gwillt more closely examines the speaker, looking for any indication of what job he may have outside of starting a riot and if he can determine what kind of control he has over the other people in the room...
All the locals, including the leader, appear to be nothing more than simple farmers, which makes their demands peculiar given what you suspect their capabilities to be.
-- Project --

-- DM --
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#271 Post by Alethan »

"Look," Gwillt finally says, "I don't know what cult-like spawn of a devil has crawled up your arses and died, but I don't want no part in killin' innocent farmers what can't keep their noses out of trouble."

He lowers his bow, then shoulders it, sliding the arrow back in it's sheath.

"But I'm not leaving town without getting some supplies, first. Then you buggers can deal with the orcs and snarks we saw on the way here all by your selves, if you want."

Without waiting for a reply, Gwillt turns, mumbles, "I'm done yappin' with these dirt clods," and leaves. Once outside, he'll head straight for the store and attempt to stock up on flight arrows (or whatever arrows they have for sale) before anything else.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#272 Post by dmw71 »

wolfpack wrote:SPeaking to the one who did not react to his snap Epsilon stands right in front of him and says loudly. "May your wifes womb rot from another mans infestation, and may warts grow on the inside of your nose o' gurgler of camel piss"
The non-leaders are not automaton, just displaying a high degree of discipline, but this comment was apparently too much. The insulted local breaks his silence, asking the leader "Now?" and lightly shoves Epsilon to clear some personal space before the leader has a chance to respond.

The men look nervous, but determined.

The leader, sensing tensions mounting, attempts to diffuse the situation. "Listen, you failed. You may not realize it, but you failed. You are no longer welcome here. Why your insistence to stay someplace you're not wanted?" he asks before turning to Gustov. "What is the rate without the friendly discount? Five gold pieces, per room, per night, right? Or is it ten?"

---

Gwilt, clearly having had his fill of the nonsensical behavior, mumbles, "I'm done yappin' with these dirt clods," and leaves without hesitation, rounding the Inn to the direction of the store.
-- Project --

-- DM --
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#273 Post by onlyme »

dmw71 wrote:The leader, sensing tensions mounting, attempts to diffuse the situation. "Listen, you failed. You may not realize it, but you failed. You are no longer welcome here. Why your insistence to stay someplace you're not wanted?" he asks before turning to Gustov. "What is the rate without the friendly discount? Five gold pieces, per room, per night, right? Or is it ten?"
Ewell feels a rise in his temper with the word fail. "Man, I do not believe I failed. I wanted a good meal and a night's sleep. Seems I got both. Why dont you step outside and discuss what it is you feel the need to keep silent over. You are obviously afraid to discuss it in the open. With that, Ewell will point his sword toward the front door, and take a sideways step toward it.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#274 Post by dmw71 »

The elected speaker, clearly nervous at the sight of well-crafted steel in a trained warriors hand, takes a step away from Ewell. "I think not," he says, attempting to preserve his confident voice while battling his fear. "We came for you, last night. You had a chance to join us. To be one of us. To protect..." he stops. "I've said too much. Please, just follow your friend."
-- Project --

-- DM --
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by wolfpack »

All of the people came from upstairs correct? from the same floor as our rooms where we slept?
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#276 Post by dmw71 »

wolfpack wrote:All of the people came from upstairs correct? from the same floor as our rooms where we slept?
Correct.
-- Project --

-- DM --
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Gwilt's trip to the store

#277 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:Gwilt, clearly having had his fill of the nonsensical behavior, mumbles, "I'm done yappin' with these dirt clods," and leaves without hesitation, rounding the Inn to the direction of the store.
Meanwhile, Gwilt follows the loose trail around the south side of Inn, in the direction he was told the store was located. "I don't know what cult-like spawn of a devil crawled up their arses and died..." he mumbles, still cursing the erratic behavior of the locals.

Unsure where the store is actually located, Gwilt walks at a slower pace, allowing for casual examination of the various buildings he passes without looking hopelessly lost. The first building is in the southwest corner of the four-way intersection he's greeted by after leaving the Inn. It's a smaller, nondescript wooden building on in the opposite direction he's heading, so he safely ignores it. Its shuttered windows in the daytime make it look unwelcoming anyway. He turns east, passing two buildings on the southern side of the path. The first appears to be a newer building, and a sign displaying a spinning wheel and a loom lead Gwilt to assume it is a tailer or a weaver. The second building to the south features a sign of a pile of gems, jewels and other treasures in the background with stacks of various coins in the foreground; likely a moneychanger. Two larger establishments appear just past these smaller southern buildings, one on either side of the trail. The building to the north is clearly a stable. The building to the south is a well-kept establishment with an assortment of farm implements and cooking utensils on the porch. The hand-painted words "Reap & Seed" appear on a sign above the open doors. As Gwilt nears, it appears this building is the village store.
-- Project --

-- DM --
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#278 Post by Alethan »

Looking past the Reap & Seed to see if anything else is a likely destination for a supply store, and seeing none, Gwillt shrugs as he enters the store. If he can easily gain entrance, and if the inside appears to have a logical (or at least ordered) layout, he will quickly browse for arrows, then examine what he finds.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#279 Post by Computer +1 »

Strom stand next to Ewell and says to him There is no honor in slaying those who live under the yoke of another. Let us leave now and find the cause of their fear and vanquish it.

To the group at large he then continues I will seek out the Temple to see what in this town causes the hearts of men to shrink and become one with the shadow.
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by wolfpack »

while everyone else is involved Epsilon will try to shuffle off to the side and quietly head upstairs.

Return to “Adventures in Foxmoor”