Chapter 4: Dark Side of the Moon

Marullus
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 4: Dark Side of the Moon

#241 Post by cybersavant »

Teyleyr Andras unslings the ramshackle, cobbled-together steampunk scraps that constitute his rifle and aims it at the doors.
"I can guide you somewhat. I was in a locked room up here when not working on the comms. I assume the main area would be close to where they had me working." He looks over the assembled montage of different people. "I can provide cover fire, if you have a way of dealing with them up close."

Last edited by cybersavant on Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

DM - Wrath of the Righteous (PF1)
greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#242 Post by greyarea »

Emile lies prone next to the door to the left, his SunShooter at the ready, hoping to keep a literal low profile. When the door opens, I’ll take the left side, working my way in.

He waits for the doors to open.
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by jemmus »

Taavi
I'm afraid I have no skill at close combat at all. I can only help with ranged combat. He takes the laser pistol and offers it to Andras. He lies prone on the right side of the door, semiautomatic rifle ready.
Last edited by jemmus on Wed Jun 28, 2023 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Marullus »

Okay, plan is to re-open the door and win the firefight. Give me your first round of attack rolls so I can adjudicate the scene.
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by jemmus »

Sorry, before we proceed, I revised my post above with something I thought about, but forgot about while posting by phone. (It's the part about offering his pistol to Andras).

Shoot 0, rifle [1d20]=16[2d6]=8
PCs

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#246 Post by redwarrior »

Hansel Nods to Emile, and leans against the door jamb right above Emile with perhaps unwarranted faith in his Harmony armor, waiting for it to open, as it starts to open, He will start spraying fire form the far right and walking it into the center as the doors finish sliding open.

init [1d8+2]=5+2=7 I forget if high or low init is good, reverse the dex mod, as needed
Laser rifle burst [1d20+5]=14+5=19 damage [1d10+4]=2+4=6
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#248 Post by cybersavant »

jemmus wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:11 pm Taavi
I'm afraid I have no skill at close combat at all. I can only help with ranged combat. He takes the laser pistol and offers it to Andras. He lies prone on the right side of the door, semiautomatic rifle ready.
Teyleyr Andras "Thanks, but this will do me just fine. I've seen 3 guards, 1 administrator - Karen - and those 3, though because of the masks i'm not sure how many sets of them there are." Teyleyr walks up the side of the elevator wall and onto the ceiling to fire from overhead.

gaming since 1980

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#249 Post by Enoch »

Shadrach posts up in the doorway, bracing his rifle against the doorframe.

Burst-fire: [1d20+3]=18+3=21, [1d20+3]=13+3=16, damage [1d12+3]=10+3=13
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by Marullus »

Ambiance: Lux Aeterna

The group dives to the sides - Emile and Taavi prone, Shadrach and Hansel covered at the doorjam and in turn providing cover to Nora and Dantes respectively, your new companion Andras scurrying up the wall and hanging from the ceiling, adhered by his fingertips like the possessed girl from the Exorcist.

Dantes smacks the door-open button with his fist - the sheer volume of firepower readied by the group overwhelms the three soldiers outside in spite of their superior armor and before they can react. Shadrach's bust-fire automatic weapon takes down one by himself while Hansel, Dantes, Nora, and Andras take down the other two. The three glossy white-clad soldiers lie against the walls like ragdolls, the hallway open before you.

Actions!
With a 7 on initiative, you all go first. They have good armor but those to hit rolls did the trick. Do you do anything with the bodies? Andras can lead you IC.
Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#251 Post by Enoch »

Shadrach moves up quickly, advancing in a half-squat, watching for ambushers.

Assuming he doesn't see any movement:

Keeping his rifle pointed downrange, he quickly begins searching the bodies for any identification or keycards.
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by jemmus »

Taavi reloads his rifle. He looks around at the marshals with a congratulatory look on his face. Well done, all. No casualties at all for us. He had felt remorse for the deaths of the guards in the earlier guards. But after seeing the horrible things these people did to Baleygr's body... no regrets at all. "These people are linked to the fiends at the bar, and no different than them. Each one eliminated is better for weal of all."

He suddenly remembers the children of the community in the badlands gone missing after the appearance of the Sons of Vlodok. Are they still alive? Could they somehow be recovered and restored to their families? The thought introduces a doubt into the clean and simple idea of extinguishing every living evil being, without question. What is of these things could provide information about that-- if left alive? He mentally sighs. "Taavi, you fool. As an attorney, you know that there is never any pure black and white situation, never any simple, preset solution."
PCs

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#253 Post by greyarea »

Emile nods and cautiously moves down the hall, covering Shadrach as he does his grim business.
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#254 Post by cybersavant »

Teyleyr Andras "Remove their helmets, i need to see their faces." Teyleyr climbs back down and exits the elevator. "I can show you where i was held and where they had me working on the comms." He waits until the bodies are searched and everyone is ready to move on.
gaming since 1980

redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#255 Post by redwarrior »

Hansel pays particular attention to the quality and condition of their armor. He's looking to see:
how it compares to his recently recovered Harmony armor,
if it appears to have any SCBA capabilities,
any built-in comms, beacons, or other tech

And if there are suits (or parts of suits that can be cobbled together) to allow one or more of the party to use it as a disguise. assuming that it's really white stormtrooper armor, how could Han not? :D

Notice [3d6c1+2]=10+2=12
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by jemmus »

Taavi removes the guards' helmets, inspects their weapons, and searches the armor for any useful items.
PCs

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Marullus »

Sorry, had to wait until I could look some stuff up in the book...

Ambiance: Lux Aeterna
Han chooses the soldier that best matches his own build and begins stripping off his armor. The glossy white armor appears better than his harmony armor from the surface, plus it may offer a disguise (though answering the radio might be a greater challenge). As he removes the armor, he notices that the indicator lights on it blink red three times, then go dead. When he tries the embedded coms, they're disabled. He dons the armor.

Taavi strips the other two guards, finding embedded comms and security cards in the suits. The telepath contemplates the idea of interrogating the station inhabitants before they're dead next time.

Shadrach advances tactically to ensure a clear way ahead, Emile and Dantes providing him cover. Nora and Oliver remain at the rear.

Andras confirms that one of the guards is a jailer he recognizes, the other two are strangers to him. He offers to lead you, stepping up to the front with Shadrach. Leading right out of the elevator, the hallway turns right again soon after. Andras points out th lee two doors on the lefthand side - one near, one mirrored at the far end of the hall, and tells you that near door on the left was where he was quartered as a prisoner here. He describes the layout to you, which seems exceedingly simple - the entire A deck being slightly smaller than just the hub section of the B deck below, without the benefit of the long arms full of amenities which you all were enjoying. The alcove you see on the righthand side is where he describes the door to the security hub is, as well as the stairs back down to B deck. It seems both elevators and the stairs are in the section, on this side of the security hub. Andras says that the equipment they wanted him to fix in order to activate the portal is on the opposite side of the security hub room.

Map:
Andras Deck A Map.jpg
Andras Deck A Map.jpg (231.2 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Shadrach's keen observations see more guards crouched at the opposite end of the hallway, taking cover at the bend just as you are, 110 meters away. He also expects reinforcements at the security hub, in the alcove to the right.
The stormtrooper armor is "Combat Field Uniform" in the book. Encumberance 1, AC 16. (The Harmony Armor from Other Dust is equivelent to the AC 14 Security Armor in SWN:Revised.) The armor has embedded com links and also access credentials for the security doors, though they appear to already be remotely disabled.

They were armed with laser rifles. Encumberance 2, 1d10 damage, 20 rounds per battery.

So three rifles, three suits of armor if you strip them all.
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#258 Post by redwarrior »

Hansel quickly slides into the new set of armor, liking the upgrade, but wishing it had build in comms. Oh well, can't be helped... He grabs a spare power cell from one of the stormtroopers to replace the one currently in his weapon and looks to the group to see if anyone has a plan to propose. He scans around the corner quickly. He's got an IDEA for sure, but he's not sure it's a smart idea...

Notice [3d6c1+2]=10+2=12 Looking for anything that might be tactical advantage, especially if any of the doors to the guest suites or the lavatory are open.
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#259 Post by cybersavant »

how high are the corridor ceilings

Teyleyr Andras "So, what's the plan? I'm ok at range, not so much up close. I know there's at least two more guards somewhere, though they could be in that armor down there. If only we had a way to draw them out into the corridor more. I can get us in the security office, even if it's locked."
gaming since 1980

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by Marullus »

redwarrior wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:47 amLooking for anything that might be tactical advantage, especially if any of the doors to the guest suites or the lavatory are open.
Only the door to the near guest suite, which Andras refers to as his prison, is currently open.
cybersavant wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 4:23 am how high are the corridor ceilings
The ceilings are high, about 5 meters. It helps avoid the sense of claustrophobia on the space station.

Return to “Dust to Dust (SWN)”