Action Thread 2

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Action Thread 2

#221 Post by ToniXX »

Argennian wrote: OOC: ToniXX, could you indicate specifically on the map where the party made camp? Is it in the hills south of the road (south of the temple) or in the trees/hills just east of the temple (north of the road)? Just curious!
See the approximate location of the campsite here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=477&p=15479#p15479

You are about 1.5 miles from the temple.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#222 Post by ToniXX »

The first watch passes without issue. Nunyet and Venificus discuss many topics while staying vigilant in the night air. Nunyet explains all matters important to those in faith of Fharlanghn. Venificus, in return, explains the elven view of life, the gods and his opinions on immortality.

A faint light appears in the horizon to the northeast. This is the rising of the moon Ulendil, which indicates the end of the first watch. Nunyet and Venificus wake Brok and Yarl, and the watch rotates.

I hope this is okay. The watch cycle wasn't set in stone, but I pieced watch preferences together from various posts. The last watch will be Francisco and Cis. Kurn Briar is officially NPCd, as ravenn hasn't logged on for 9 days. Thus, he won't be in the watch rotation for simplicity sake.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#223 Post by Alethan »

That all sounds perfectly good, ToniXX.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:The first watch passes without issue. Nunyet and Venificus discuss many topics while staying vigilant in the night air. Nunyet explains all matters important to those in faith of Fharlanghn. Venificus, in return, explains the elven view of life, the gods and his opinions on immortality.

A faint light appears in the horizon to the northeast. This is the rising of the moon Ulendil, which indicates the end of the first watch. Nunyet and Venificus wake Brok and Yarl, and the watch rotates...

Brok wakes up and nods to both the cleric and the elf that they can retire. After making sure that he is set and ready, he makes his way over to where Yarl is to whisper a few words.

"At least we have the light of Ulendil to see by on this eve. I am... curious if we will see any movements from or about the temple. I wish we had a higher vantage point. Tell me, Yarl. Do you know anything of these Red Blade orcs and their henchmen? Anything about their supposed leader?" The agent is all ears to see if perhaps the burly half-orc or his hireling have any intel they can offer.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn is active. Sorry for missing any posts you were expecting.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#226 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl kicks a clump of sod while looking down.

I uhh, recon they are orcs and they got blades that are red.
He chuckles at his own joke.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Argennian »

Computer +1 wrote:Yarl kicks a clump of sod while looking down.

I uhh, recon they are orcs and they got blades that are red.
He chuckles at his own joke.
"Indeed," replies the young agent with a lifting of his eyebrows, a pronounced smile and wink of his eye.

After allowing a small chuckle of himself, Brok moves back over to his previous position and stares longingly at the temple above and the surrounding area for any activity whatsoever.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#228 Post by Computer +1 »

As Brok moves away Yarl looks up and scowls first at Brok and then the rest of the party.
He takes a seat and works at sharpening his sword.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#229 Post by Alethan »

Computer +1 wrote:As Brok moves away Yarl looks up and scowls first at Brok and then the rest of the party.
He takes a seat and works at sharpening his sword.
Francisco does not see this, because he is sleeping.
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by Argennian »

Sometime during their watch rotation, Brok goes into a crouch and moves swiftly over to where Yarl is, his bow and an arrow still to hand. He puts his finger up over his lips to indicate quiet on the way over to notify the half-orc, lest he say something aloud and give away the party's position. Brok also stops short on the way and nudges Kurn Briar awake, giving him the shared and understood silent hand motions in Thieves’ Cant that means Quiet! and Wake the others quickly!

The agent whispers to Yarl, pointing with his bow back down the hill. “We must stay silent. Someone or something approaches from below on the game trail that the druid discovered earlier. Could be a group of ‘em and we know not if they be friend or foe. Hold your position and wait for them to just pass the camp. I’ll take Kurn and the elf to a position just higher up the trail and lay an ambush. If they're not friendly, we’ll let fly and you and the others charge them from the flank. Sound good to you?" he says with a smile.

Brok moves back over his ranger companion to ensure he’s not only awake but knows what is going on. He signals to Kurn and the elf Veneficus to join him before he whispers. "Francisco, someone or something approaches our position from below on the game trail Cis found. Not sure if friend or foe but you better make ready with the others all the same. Kurn, Veneficus and I will move up the hill to an ambush position that’ll put ‘em just past the camp. We’ll either call out quietly for a parley or let fly depending on who or what they are. That will be yours and the other's signal to attack them from the flank. If they’re Red Blade, we must capture one alive, if we can!"

~ With that, Brok looks to lead the thief in monk’s robes and the elven spell-sword north from camp to a position about 60-70 feet higher up and preferably one with cover, such as a rock, bush or tree with a good view of the game trail. He endeavors to use the terrain about the camp to block their passage and will silently indicate to Veneficus to ready his bow and move to separate cover. On their way up, he whispers to them. "Alright friends, make ready but hold till I make my move. They could be fellow agents of our Lady. If they are Red Blade or their mercs on patrol, we’ll cut 'em down with bow-fire and can then move upon them when the others attack. Sound good?"

Edit: grammaticals!
Last edited by Argennian on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by ravenn4544 »

"Aye...ready" Kurn whispers. He quietly wakes any that are not yet alert. Drawing his broadsword, he follows Brok to a defensible position with an eye to a rear sneak attack if possible.

Please let me know if you need move silently or hide in shadows rolls.
Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#232 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl watches Brok move away and then focuses his gaze towards the game trail. Since he was sharpening it anyway he keeps his sword ready. He makes sure his other weapons are at the ready just in case.
Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#234 Post by Xaxyx »

Veneficus inhales deeply to clear the fog of sleep from his mind. He reaches for his bow and does not rise until his hand finds its grip. Slinking as quietly as he can, he follows Brok to the position he's selected. Once there, he will notch an arrow and scan the game trail for whatever approaches.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#235 Post by Alethan »

ravenn4544 wrote:.
GM always makes those rolls, in any case.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#236 Post by Alethan »

Francisco nods as Brok explains the situation.

After Brok moves away, he grabs his crossbow and sword and moves to a flanking position with the rest of the group.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by ravenn4544 »

Alethan wrote:

Thanks - I've seen it done both ways so thought I'd ask before being asked :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#238 Post by Alethan »

ravenn4544 wrote:
Alethan wrote:

Thanks - I've seen it done both ways so thought I'd ask before being asked :)

Happy to be informative! :)
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#239 Post by ToniXX »

Day 4 (8 Delian) - An hour or so past midnight

The group that was originally sighted by Brok passes about 100 feet to the east of the campsite where Francisco, Yarl, Cis and Nunyet lay in wait. Their shadows can barely be made out by the light of Ulendil above. You are unable to tell how many are in the group, but you do hear at least two distinct voices talking, yet in a tongue that none of you understand. As far as you can tell, they have no idea that the party is present. This group seems to be traveling north and west, towards the temple, and you're pretty sure they're on the path that Cis discovered before you all made camp.

HPs - Francisco:21/21, Cis:24/24, Nunyet:25/25, Kurn:9/9, Brok:15/16, Yarl:25/30, Veneficus:12/12
Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Argennian »

With his bow to hand and an arrow nocked, Brok peeks from behind his cover to see if he can make out just who or what approaches. He suddenly chides himself silently for not asking Veneficus how to say it's about time you got here in orcish. The young agent stains his eyes and hopes that the light of Ulendil above will allow him to notice enough detail about those that approach to know what to say...

OOC: Brok will do his best to identify those that approach. Their armor, arms and heraldry, the way they walk, anything. Regardless, of whether or not he can identify those that approach, Brok will plan on calling out a hail of sorts when they get just within short range of his bow (50 feet).

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”