Back at it

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Back at it

#221 Post by rredmond »

Yeah, I'll watch the front door,Tub offers after hearing the undeadcreature scuffling around downstairs.
;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by wolfpack »

waiting on actions.....

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#223 Post by zebediah »

Sergius moves downstairs carefully, spear raised to meet any threat.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by wolfpack »

Serg moves downstairs followed by Osric.

I will assume someone has a torch

the two reach the bototm of the stairs unto a cold hard dirt floor.
The root cellar has several shelves jutitng out form the walls that seem to be filled with jars of preserves and bags.

One of the shelves has been knocked over and jars lay broken. as the two men watch 4 shapes come shuffling from behind the shelves.

two adult sized creatures, once human now the stench of rotting flesh and reaching boney hands reveal their undead nature.

Following closley behind them two more of the rotting creatures, but these two are smaller ,shorter, one wearing a small rotting nightgown, the other pajamas, The one in the nightgown, the girl, has the head of a stuffed teddy bear peaking from a pocket in her gown.

the creatures moan and slowly reach out and make there way toward the young warrior and priest.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#225 Post by Alethan »

"Retreat back up the stairs, and well fight them with the advantage,"Cilian calls down from the top of the stairs.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

zebediah
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#226 Post by zebediah »

Alethan wrote:"Retreat back up the stairs, and well fight them with the advantage,"Cilian calls down from the top of the stairs.
Sergius will try to go back upstairs. If the undead are already within melee reach he will keep a defensive stance with his spear while moving back (assuming this is possible/effective).

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by wolfpack »

the zombies are so slow you cna easily move back up the stairs before they reach you.

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#228 Post by Scythius Equinus »

Osric scampers back up the stairs and begins to call on Thor to aid in the dispersal of the Zombies...
You had me at blood and semen - Peter Lefluer

Frank Rock - Human

Anivar
Tracker
Tracker

#229 Post by Anivar »

Why do we always have to kill the dead? Scythius wonders out loud as he prepares to thrust at a zombie once they are within reach.
Ooops...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by wolfpack »

the doorway is only big enough for 1 person to attack through as the zombies move up the stairs.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Argennian »

"What devilty now?" Viktor blurts out as he sees his friends tense up defensively and then hears the shuffling movement and accompanying moans of the dead.

The young churl deputy will move out of the way so Osric and Sergius can step back through the doorway from the stairs. "Next time we see Jonus? I'm gonna kill him..." he announces to himself.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by wolfpack »

the zombies move slowly up the stairs, who takes point? you automatically win init.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#233 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Can we make a circle around the top of the stairs so that only one or two can get up to the top and more can attack at the same time? Or, is there a door that can be closed, where someone could wait for one or two of them to come up, then close the door on the others?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by rredmond »

Anyone have any oil or holy water? Tub says from the other room. :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by wolfpack »

Alethan wrote:OOC: Can we make a circle around the top of the stairs so that only one or two can get up to the top and more can attack at the same time? Or, is there a door that can be closed, where someone could wait for one or two of them to come up, then close the door on the others?

you could arrange yourselves so 2 people could align at the doorway so both could attack while keeping he zombies restricted to only 1.

there is a door that was shut and you guys opened but no additional door.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by wolfpack »

Who is going to stand where? who is doing what?

the zombies are slowly making their way up the stairs

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#237 Post by Alethan »

Cilian the non-fighter with no more spells to cast stands back and lets the fighters handle the undead...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by rredmond »

Tub remains by the front door to watch their back, and knowing that you don't bring a dagger to a holy symbol fight.

we got clerics, right? Otherwise someone shut the happy door. :)

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#239 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Tub remains by the front door to watch their back, and knowing that you don't bring a dagger to a holy symbol fight.

we got clerics, right? Otherwise someone shut the happy door. :)
OOC: if we just shut the door, I don't think Cilian is going to want to rest overnight in the house with the Zed words in the basement. We need to take them out... hitting them over the head with glass ashtrays seems to work. Or maybe a cricket bat...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by wolfpack »

Osric is your only cleric. I did roll for his turning of the zombies but it failed.

Return to “Aroth”