Re: The Singularity (OOC)

#201 Post by Rex »

LOL, that is messed up.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#202 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Grognardsw wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:54 pm I wrote it wondering how such a joke would go :D We’ll see what the players make of it :)

So Backworld you see the Urth Orphans storyline is merging into your God Conscience.
I'm glad...It seems I much prefer the co-operative game to solo stuff.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#203 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I agree solo is alright (like that Thieves Challenge run ages ago) but I much prefer some sort of a team setting.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#204 Post by Grognardsw »

I like each mode of play for different reasons. In my GM perspective, I enjoy exploring different themes and scenarios concurrently. I get the bug to explore worlds, character types and plots that can’t feasibly be done in one game in the time frame I desire. So I do it all at the same time in what I call an anthology campaign. Whether it’s one or six players doesn’t impact my enjoyment. The solos move fastest. Eventually the threads come together into one adventure.

I did this for a four-year Call of Cthulhu campaign that explored many aspects of Lovecraftiana. After my horror phase passed, and a hiatus, I returned to my first and most consistent love science fiction and hence X Minus One (and the rock/sci-fi 2112). My early PbP days were lots of playing, and DMing large-group, visual-heavy 1e adventures often with a gonzo twist.

I noticed that pictures seemed to be broken in different places, though it varies by device. The free photo host site I use, Village Photos, is having security certificate expiration issues and perhaps that's why. I need to switch photo host site.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#205 Post by Grognardsw »

I should have posted sooner on this, but I’m away skiing and will post Wednesday. Thanks.
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#206 Post by jemmus »

Yeah, we need some TPK! (For people who don't know, that's the PCs band in Grog's 2112 game).
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox
Imladir
Scout
Scout

#207 Post by Imladir »

Grognardsw wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:36 am I should have posted sooner on this, but I’m away skiing and will post Wednesday. Thanks.
Enjoy!

And don't break a leg ;)
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#208 Post by Grognardsw »

Sorry for the delay. Spring is busy time at work and weekends have been family activities. Hope to have posts up in next couple of days.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#209 Post by Rex »

I am traveling to visit family today through Friday late. I am not sure if I will be able to post while I am there so feel free to NPC my character. I will be back Saturday.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#210 Post by Grognardsw »

For players on Pern, an interesting article on the earliest artwork of McCaffrey's dragons from Analog Magazine in the 60s.

https://www.tor.com/2014/07/31/john-sch ... ey-letter/

My favorite interpretation is Michael Whelan's dragons from the 80s paperbacks.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#211 Post by Rex »

Thanks, I had never seen those versions before. I like them a lot, they may be my favorite version.
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#212 Post by jemmus »

Grognardsw wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:47 pm I like each mode of play for different reasons. In my GM perspective, I enjoy exploring different themes and scenarios concurrently. I get the bug to explore worlds, character types and plots that can’t feasibly be done in one game in the time frame I desire. So I do it all at the same time in what I call an anthology campaign. Whether it’s one or six players doesn’t impact my enjoyment. The solos move fastest. Eventually the threads come together into one adventure.

I did this for a four-year Call of Cthulhu campaign that explored many aspects of Lovecraftiana. After my horror phase passed, and a hiatus, I returned to my first and most consistent love science fiction and hence X Minus One (and the rock/sci-fi 2112). My early PbP days were lots of playing, and DMing large-group, visual-heavy 1e adventures often with a gonzo twist.

I noticed that pictures seemed to be broken in different places, though it varies by device. The free photo host site I use, Village Photos, is having security certificate expiration issues and perhaps that's why. I need to switch photo host site.
Chiming in late on this. I enjoy the solo game I'm in because it kind of lets me develop the character more than in a group game. For example, I can say what the character is thinking, and why he did what he did. In other words, I can write from the omniscient perspective. Because the GM is omniscient. But if it were a group game, the other PCs wouldn't be omniscient, so that perspective wouldn't be very appropriate.

Another example is in the solo game, my character started hoping that he might develop a romance with certain lovely NPC. It kind of added to the story. In a group game, that probably wouldn't come up. For one thing, the PC would probably never be alone with the NPC in a group game. There would always be 4 or 5 party members around. No chance for romance! :D
PCs

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#213 Post by jemmus »

Been reading along in the Genetics of Profit thread. That DOS animation is so cool!
PCs

GreyWolfVT

#215 Post by GreyWolfVT »

takes me back to my first computer :lol:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#216 Post by Rex »

DOS is what I learned to program in long ago. Been a while, LOL.
GreyWolfVT

#217 Post by GreyWolfVT »

They did teach a little bit of DOS commands in 8th grade for me I don't remember what exactly we did but something like make it say happy birthday and play music or beep I think.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#218 Post by Rex »

I did full programming, but it was in the mid 80's and don't remember it at all.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#219 Post by Grognardsw »

I got a C++ in computer class in high school :roll:
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#220 Post by Rex »

I have no clue what I got.