CHAPTER 3: Into the Vaults

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 3: Into the Vaults

#21 Post by Urson »

Looks good to me, Norjax

Arya will wait a couple of minutes. If no help is forthcoming, she'll leave the torch and move on. What's that big thing in the middle of the room?

Ruby continues studying the walls.
FA FO

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by drpete »

Sensing a pattern, Knuckles goes to the next urn in order, expecting to find yet another spider...

Einstein moves to the idol in the center, and begins examining it.

As needed [1d20] = 13

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by rossik »

Anne join the room. After seen Einstein exam of the idol, she will join him.
Zeek will get his torch back (by the less destructive way. if not possible, he will tumble the jar). When he gets it, he will throw to another jar

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Norjax »

Zeek tosses his torch into the urn, but it hits the edge and cartwheels out and onto the mummies along the northern wall! (Miss, Fumble) A desiccated, black spider leaps out of the urn at the corn farmer. Knuckles is prepared for the arachnid and swings his club sideways, striking the critter center of mass. It flies across the room and lands to the left of the urn, DEAD! (4pt. dmg) Tony watches the action and lowers his sword.

Arya receives no assistance in tipping the urn, so she approaches the wooden idol centered in the room.

Einstein moves and examines the statue with Arya. It is crudely carved, even by Kobold standards, and charred with flame to preserve the wood. Some red glyphs, painted around the square base, are the only decorations to the effigy carved into a stylized likeness of the Kobold spider devil, Muk-Karnu.

Anne returns to the room and carries Sir Honksalot over to the statue.

Ruby continues examining the room’s walls. (Die roll by DM)

OOC: I moved her 30ft for the round.

Action Details:

MAP 62

Initiative and Actions!?

Light Sources: Torch (Zeek), Torch (Anne), Torch (Knuckles), Glowing Ball (Einstein)

Hit Points [Luck Points]

Knuckles 3/3 [0]
Einstein 1/1 [3]

Tony 2/2 [14]
Betty 4/4 [15]

Zeek 2/5 [0]
Anne 4/4 [14]

Arya 1/4 [11]
Ruby 1/1 [11]

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by rossik »

"Nice strike, Knuckles!"
The farmer think something stupid to say, like "you could run home", but he decide to remain silent.
Getting the torch back, (and putting the mummy fire down by stepping in it) he say "lets try the last one, yes? " and he toss the torch hopeful of better luck.

Anne will study the runes, trying to remember patterns and such, already saw (OOC: is there any way she could transcribe them? like using mummy cloth and chalk or any burnt thing to copy them?)

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Urson »

Arya examines the statue closely, looking for any indication of secret compartments. If she finds none, she says Let's move this ugly thing- maybe there's something under it.

Ruby continues her exam of the walls- altho by now, it's hard to tell if she's actually looking for anything, or just spacing out.
FA FO

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by drpete »

Convinced now that there must be another spider in the last urn, Knuckles heads over there, ready to smoosh it.

Einstein will try to push the statue, hoping to topple it, or otherwise see what is underneath.

If needed, Knuckles attack: [1d20+1] = 19+1 = 20 dam [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Norjax »

Zeek tamps out the residual flames ignited by the fumbled torch. Some of the mummies crumble to dust when the corn farmer stops on them. Knuckles and Tony join Zeek at the final stone container. The corn farmer tosses his flaming torch into the last urn, which does little except force a spider to bound straight up and into Knuckles’ club. The wainwright repeats his move against the last spider, and it flies between Zeek and Tony into the stone urn – DEAD! (5pt. dmg)

Anne examines the writing on the statue’s base. It has the same style as previous markings in this tomb, but she cannot recall if the symbols are identical. She creatively uses some strips from the old mummy linens and creates some cinders to write and transcribe the images onto the cloth.

Arya inspects the wooden statue for hidden or secret compartments. She notices that the pit where the spider mouth is carved is dark like a void or hole. She nods to Einstein and together with Anne, they push and topple the totem over on its side. As the spider effigy lands with a crash, dozens of polished black stones pour out of the hollow body and spill onto the floor.

Ruby advances another 30ft along the wall perimeter. (Die roll by DM)

Betty is startled by the statue’s crash onto the floor.

Action Details:

MAP 63

Initiative and Actions!?

Light Sources: Torch (Zeek), Torch (Anne), Torch (Knuckles), Glowing Ball (Einstein)

Hit Points [Luck Points]

Knuckles 3/3 [0]
Einstein 1/1 [3]

Tony 2/2 [14]
Betty 4/4 [15]

Zeek 2/5 [0]
Anne 4/4 [14]

Arya 1/4 [11]
Ruby 1/1 [11]

Ardak2000
Guide
Guide

#29 Post by Ardak2000 »

Betty joins Tony as he moves to inspect the stones, tapping them around with the tip of his sword.
- Ardak2000
"Hey
The old ones speak of winter
The young ones praise the sun
And time just slips away

Oh
Running into nowhere
Turning like a wheel
And a year becomes a day

Whenever we dream, that's when we fly
So here is a dream for just you and I

We'll find the Sacred Heart
Somewhere bleeding in the night
Look for the light
And find the Sacred Heart"

-RJD, Dio, Sacred Heart

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by rossik »

"Wow! I hope trhey are not spider eggs...lemme see" and she pokes one with her fork. After that, she will get them with the others (OOC: she is not super excited. She is not here for the riches, but obey the voices that whisper in the darkness of her mind).

Meanwhile, Zeek is super happy with the find. "Guys, look over there! I think we just found a real great treasure! If so, we can return home and buy ourselves a castle or two"
(OOC: zeek will fetch a stone and see if it looks like a treasure)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by drpete »

Einstein will scoop a lot of the stones into a bag, trying not to touch them.

Knuckles will try ripping open a few of the mummies to see if there is anything of value inside.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Urson »

Arya collects a handful of the stones, holding one up to the light to see if it is transparent/translucent.

Ruby has gotten bored with the walls and joins the group at the statue, avoiding touching any of the mummies along the way.
FA FO

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Norjax »

Betty and Tony inspect the polished black stones along with Anne, Zeek and Ruby. Einstein and Arya collect some, with the gambler bagging a half dozen using his holy symbol as a tool to slide them inside. The semi-precious agates have a red web-like banding mixed with the black. There are 32 stones, one for each mummy.

Knuckles cautiously rips open a few of the mummies and searches for valuables. (Die roll by DM) He does not find anything among the preserved bones and skin of the kobold corpses.

Action Details:
Characters:

Monsters:

MAP 64

Actions!?

Hit Points [Luck Points]

Knuckles 3/3 [0]
Einstein 1/1 [3]

Tony 2/2 [14]
Betty 4/4 [15]

Zeek 2/5 [0]
Anne 4/4 [14]

Arya 1/4 [11]
Ruby 1/1 [11]

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by rossik »

"So", say Zeek. I dont think there is any more treasure here. We had lost some folks, too. Lets head back to the village?"

Anne seems to agree, nodding. She looks at sir Honksalot, waiting for his opinion.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by drpete »

Knuckles will continue to go through the mummified remains while the group talks about next moves.

Einstein will bring the bag of stones over by the mummies to see if there is any interaction between them... or any identifying marks that might connect a particular stone to a particular mummy... since the numbers match.

fossik, are you proposing ending the game? I think we still have several places to explore...?

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by rossik »

drpete wrote:Knuckles will continue to go through the mummified remains while the group talks about next moves.

Einstein will bring the bag of stones over by the mummies to see if there is any interaction between them... or any identifying marks that might connect a particular stone to a particular mummy... since the numbers match.

fossik, are you proposing ending the game? I think we still have several places to explore...?
(OOC: that and pulpatoon knave game are my favorite! i wish we could play forever, hehe. but i was thinking as the character. many have died, and he had found some riches. but if the party tell my guys to continue, they will)

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Urson »

Arya nods. We have taken a lot of losses. It would be smart to regroup in safety.

Ruby For sure! I hate this dirty, buggy place! We should leave now.
FA FO

Ardak2000
Guide
Guide

#38 Post by Ardak2000 »

Tonyand Bettyagree with the general consensus to regroup.
- Ardak2000
"Hey
The old ones speak of winter
The young ones praise the sun
And time just slips away

Oh
Running into nowhere
Turning like a wheel
And a year becomes a day

Whenever we dream, that's when we fly
So here is a dream for just you and I

We'll find the Sacred Heart
Somewhere bleeding in the night
Look for the light
And find the Sacred Heart"

-RJD, Dio, Sacred Heart

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by drpete »

As he goes through the mummies, looking for anything out of the ordinary, Knuckles grins at the others.

"I am totally on board with regrouping. How about we regroup up to the other door like this one...? Maybe we can find a safer way to open it?"

Einstein shrugs and nods along with this plan.

"Yeah, let's do that, then check out the underground river!"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Urson »

Arya Yes, I can see the value there. I'm not sure how we will open the doors safely.
FA FO

Return to “DCC RPG: 0-Level Funnel”