Outbreak Level 2: Induction

Antman9
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Outbreak Level 2: Induction

#21 Post by Scott308 »

Scott

Getting out of his car, Scott asks, What's the plan, now, guys? After being filled in on the radio chatter (which he didn't even know was happening), he has a follow up query. Is this place we're headed somewhere I can drive my Civic to, or would it be better to park it here?I'd rather not abandon it until I absolutely have to, but if it's gonna require four wheel drive to get to our destination... He looks at the Civic and shrugs.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Nick

Nick grabs the aforementioned gasmask and hands it over. Then motions for Todd to head over to Scott. "Hey Scott. Good to see you." He hands over a radio to Scott and gives a quick course on how to use it. "Anyone else need a handset? I've got one more free."

"What's the thought? Get out of town for a few days, just to see how things shake out? It looks like the spraying really did a number on the swarm."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rex »

Rex

"I have a spare radio as well. Not sure, the unknown side affects of what they sprayed may turn out to be our bigger worry. I say you keep using the Civic until you can't anymore, then we ditch it if need be."
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by wolfpack »

Cabins outside of the mark twain national forest in a little place called goodland your civic should be bale to make it to the cabins fine.

I agree I think we need to wait several days to see what this spray does.
Scott308

#25 Post by Scott308 »

Scott

Scott takes the radio from Nick. Thank you. This'll make it easier to keep in touch. I'll definitely keep the car, then, since it shouldn't be a problem getting it there. Heading back to his car, he continues, See ya there!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#26 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Shine nods at the idea, ready to follow the caravan to the cabin.

“Washington is telling folks to hunker down. What’s that gonna be like once people start running out of food and water?”

Jumping back into the truck, “My house and bike better not get screwed with while all this shit is going on!”
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Antman9 »

Day 4 – Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 10:00 am CST
Outlook: Pitosi, MO (bound for Goodland)

The Survivors make a wise choice to continue on to their predetermined Bug Out Spot in Goodland, MO. With all major freeways, inbound and outbound lanes, jammed with cars, backroads and state highways are the only option, and even those seem to have an overabundance of traffic outside the norm. The survivors refuel with haste, disperse radios, and depart shortly after the Swarm fallout, not daring to chance any unknown Human fallout from IX7’s “so called” insecticides.

The 80 mile journey, down hwy O and N and FF to Hwy’s 47 and 21 and then down Hwy’s P and DD will take around two hours and fifteen minutes due to excessive traffic. Where all those people are headed no one can be certain, other than “Away” from the nightmare that is now St. Louis. When the Survivors hit Pitosi, the first town of any size, they are greeted with an eerie sight. The Save A Lot grocery store, and pretty much everything else appears to be deserted, a ghost town or nearly so. Trash litters the streets, parking lots, and ditches. There are very few cars, except the few in front of and behind the Survivors on the road. Most of the windows and doors of the businesses and homes have been boarded up. The only visible vehicles are those that appear to be abandoned in parking lots or along the side of the road, perhaps out of gas, or perhaps some other nefarious outcome has befallen their former owners. The other cars in front of the Survivors seem to part ways at Pitosi and head off down different roads, slowing briefly to gawk at Pitosi’s abandoned shell of a town. No one seems particularly brave enough to stop though.

News reports on the radio don't give the Survivors much piece of mind, other than they've made the correct choice by leaving the area. All manner of crazy events have been reported since the Swarm Fallout took place, including reports of military roadblocks being set up on all major roads leaving all major cities affected. One report stated Martial Law is now in affect across the U.S., as ordered by President Trump.

Pitosi might well be the Survivors’ last chance at supplies for some time. Will they chance the stop or continue on to Goodland?
Bugout_1_Trip_Map.PNG
Bugout_1_Trip_Map.PNG (136.06 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Rex »

Rex

On the radio "I think we keep moving for now."
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by wolfpack »

I have enough food to last all about 3 weeks, I agree let's move on form here
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

Rex

On the radio "I have enough freeze dried food for 1 for 30 days plus the stuff from my fridge/freezer in coolers and pantry stuff we should eat first. Should be plenty for everyone for a few days anyways."
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Nick

Radio: "I'm good to continue. I am curious as to what happened here. It just seems...off. Like everyone just decided to jump ship."

Radio: "We're not staying out here for a month though. Right? I've got things to do back home. I was thinking of a nice long weekend."
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by wolfpack »

hopefully not, but as long as martial law is declared I'm staying out.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#33 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Shine comes over the radio again.

"Everything is deserted here? Already? That almost seems a little.......I dunno.......premeditated?"

"Ya, lets keep going then. I don't see this thing lasting more than a few days, but at least our group is prepared for the worst, or close to it."

From his truck seat, Shine keeps a close eye on any vehicles they pass, just in case he sees something useful they could salvage.
Scott308

#34 Post by Scott308 »

Scott

Over the radio, I'm fine with continuing if everyone else is. Besides, the stores are closed. If we go in and take anything, we're trespassing, breaking and entering, stealing...seems kind of...final, I guess. Maybe we get to that point, but I hope things go back to normal in a few days.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by Antman9 »

Day 4 – Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 11:00 am CST
Outlook: The Bugout Spot At Last!

The Survivors roll into Goodland without much fuss. The disturbing state of Pitosi has them a bit uneasy, and then an emergency White House Press Conference is broadcast on all stations and media formats. President Trump announced his spectacular victory over the Swarms and vows to rebuild his American cities bigger and better, and that with the help of IX7 America will be great again. Perhaps he’s right, perhaps America will bounce back stronger and better and greater than ever. Time will tell. But for now the Survivors are in “survival mode.”

Maybe the threat really has been eliminated and the Survivors can go home tomorrow. Social media is painting a different picture however. On the outskirts of the major cities plagued by the Swarms, reports of Humans and animals attacking each other have been streaming non-stop. The events seem to be random, possibly even circumstantial in nature, but many people fear the worst. The term “ZOMBIES” is spreading like wildfire across social media. The White house has declined to comment on the “zombie” aspect, stating that massive insect swarms are common throughout the world, and that people and animals alike are prone to panic in these types of situations. Not exactly a reassuring statement from our government, but not new either.

For now, the Survivors must assess their Bugout Spot, and dark clouds are forming on the horizon. A storm is brewing.

Immediate Plan of Action:
  1. Take Inventory
  2. Inspect the “Cabin” layout
  3. Assess security at said “Cabin”
  4. Ascertain supply limits
  5. Hunker down and see what happens next?

Info Needed:
  1. Is the cabin at the coordinates you provided, or nearby?...37.6362° N, 91.0018° W
  2. A brief description with size and surroundings would be good too.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#36 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Once they are relatively safe at the cabin, Shine starts unloading his truck and going through everything the group brought.

"Did you guys hear that narcissistic cheeto on the radio? I'll tell ya what boys.......I don't trust that our government is capable.....or even willing to fix this problem if what is being claimed on the webs is really happening. What if the shit they sprayed on the bugs is doing something to the animals? Or worse yet, the people? Then what? I mean.......we're prepared......for a while........but what about everyone else?"

"I think this might get ugly."
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by wolfpack »

IX7 caused the problem with the bugs and giant rats, now they spray something else and people are going nuts. Yeah I am afraid this is just getitng stated.

of course I am just a prepper conspiracy nut so what do i know.
Scott308

#38 Post by Scott308 »

Scott

After arriving, Scott gets out and stretches before unloading his car, and helping others when finished. I don't want anything to do with that spray. Hopefully we're far enough away from the sprayed area to avoid any problems.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Nick

After getting most of the gear out, Nick takes a break to discuss. "Ok. Looks like standard watch rules. Someone always up, making sure nothing is amiss. I'll take first watch tonight. Let's keep the radio on and listen out for any new information. With any luck, things quiet down in a day or two."

"Let's keep a go-bag each in the cars, no reason to relax now."
Scott308

#40 Post by Scott308 »

Scott removes the CPAP machine, phone charger, and a change of clothing from his bag before returning it to his car.

Return to “HeliXSwitch Initiative (Outbreak: Undead 2E)”