In Game Thread

Slighted
Scout
Scout

Re: In Game Thread

#21 Post by Slighted »

Without a discernible target to focus his attention on, Rollo eases toward the front of the group, but awaits action by the more lithe members of the group.
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by angelicdoctor »

onlyme wrote:Leomar, Cirdan? Anyone hurt.
Brushing off the dust and the dirt, Círdan scans the room for his midnight black feline companion. Noting that she fared the drop far better than her master he responds positively, We've landed firmly but without compromise. Thank you for the concern, your grace. Serenity leaps up onto her master's forearm and purrs warmly as she makes her way quickly to Círdan's neck nestling herself comfortably between it and the elf's pack.
Recklessfireball wrote:Thundrigore nods at Sterlings suggestion. "A sensible proposal. If it's not too impertinent, might I suggest Cirdan and Leomar as the two most likely candidates? I daresay they both have more skill at such things than the rest of us."
Nay, the request is logical and expected. It is only natural that my value might be counted upon in times such as this. Círdan nocks an arrow as he cautiously proceeds ahead of the group. Trusting in the improved visual and auditory senses granted him by his faithful animal familiar, he scans the area for proof of ....well... anything.
Last edited by angelicdoctor on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by onlyme »

angelicdoctor wrote:Brushing off the dust and the dirt, Cirdan scans the room for his midnight black feline companion. Noting that she fared the drop far better than her master he responds positively, We've landed firmly but without compromise. Thank you for the concern, your grace. Serenity leaps up onto her master's forearm and purrs warmly as she makes her way quickly to Cirdan's neck nestling herself comfortably between it and the elf's pack.

Nay, the request is logical and expected. It is only natural that my value might be counted upon in times such as this. Cirdan nocks an arrow as he cautiously proceeds ahead of the group. Trusting in the improved visual and auditory senses granted him by his faithful animal familiar, he scans the area for proof of ....well... anything.

Please note that generally, red is reserved for Out of Context text, like this... If you click on the dialog box (below the B for Bold) and put your conversations in there, it will automatically turn them blue...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by angelicdoctor »

onlyme wrote:
angelicdoctor wrote:Brushing off the dust and the dirt, Cirdan scans the room for his midnight black feline companion. Noting that she fared the drop far better than her master he responds positively, We've landed firmly but without compromise. Thank you for the concern, your grace. Serenity leaps up onto her master's forearm and purrs warmly as she makes her way quickly to Cirdan's neck nestling herself comfortably between it and the elf's pack.

Nay, the request is logical and expected. It is only natural that my value might be counted upon in times such as this. Cirdan nocks an arrow as he cautiously proceeds ahead of the group. Trusting in the improved visual and auditory senses granted him by his faithful animal familiar, he scans the area for proof of ....well... anything.

Please note that generally, red is reserved for Out of Context text, like this... If you click on the dialog box (below the B for Bold) and put your conversations in there, it will automatically turn them blue...
Thanks and corrected!
Slighted
Scout
Scout

#25 Post by Slighted »

Taking a cue from Cirdan, Rollo quietly draws his sword and visually inspects the area around him while waiting for the elf's report.
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Vargr1105 »

Orian wanders to the south wall that the paladin checked out holding his lantern aloft. After a cursory investigation of the stucco-covered wall he contributes his thoughts:

"I say, the unmortared blocks on yonder wall seem like prime candidates to take down. We could maybe open a passage to whatever lies on the other side."

I am assuming the stone blocks aren't too large or heavy. If this is the case Oiran will begin testing if he can pry one loose.
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Bhart »

Sterling: As you move east you get a better look at the niches. Each is 5'x5' about 3' off the floor and each contains a diorama depicting some aspect of tribal life. The shape at the center of the chamber appears to be a small alcove protected by a half dome with the open end facing east. This alcove is set recessed in the floor, a 1'deep 10' wide tiled well. The dome itself is about 4' tall. It seems to hold some sort of display.

Cirdan: You see similar displays in the niches along the north wall. Your night vision allows you to make out scenes of fishing(A), farming(B), and religion(c) The 6" high figures in all of the displays appear to be made of stucco, realistically and brightly painted. As you move deeper into the darkness your infravision kicks in. You can see a small object on the floor near the last niche(c). At first you thought that it might be one of the figurines fallen from it's display, but as you move closer you can see it is a small bird. A few feet to the east you can see another. They appear to be dead canaries.

Rollo: You draw your sword and the blade begins to emit a soft glow as usual. The magic light does not seem to be hindered like the flames of the lanterns and fills the west end of the room in soft blueish light. You can see that rubble is piled to the ceiling 15' above. Small rocks still tumble and dance down the pile with a clatter.

Leomar: You watch cautiously with bow drawn but nothing leaps out of the dark. You watch as the elf and his cat stroll into the darkness and disappear from sight. When the light from Rollo's blade fills the area you notice that the floor is made up of tan and grey flagstones which are covered in a thick layer of grey dust spattered with flecks of red dirt from the cave in. The dust is only broken by the foot prints of your party. It appears no one has been in this room for a very long time.

Oiran: The stones in the south wall seem just small enough to move. What are you using to pry at them with?
Attachments
1 square = 5 feet
1 square = 5 feet
Vault of chicomoztoc2.png (349.85 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by Vargr1105 »

Oiran unstraps his staff from his back and tries to use it to pry loose one of the blocks. If he is unsuccessful he will ask if any of the party members have a crowbar or some similar device.
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Bhart »

Vargr1105 wrote:Oiran unstraps his staff from his back and tries to use it to pry loose one of the blocks. If he is unsuccessful he will ask if any of the party members have a crowbar or some similar device.
You give it a try, but unfortunately the seams between the blocks are too tight for the staff to be effective.
Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Dogma »

Leomar moves over to the covered alcove in the floor, using the light from Sterling's lantern to take a better look at what is inside.
Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Recklessfireball »

Thundrigore nervously eyes the wall of shifting rubble. After a moments consideration, he moves forward exactly ten feet, carefully examining everything illuminated by the light as he does so. He touches nothing, but observes his companions explorations, dipping his fingers into his spell component pouch and preparing to cast a spell, if needful.
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by Bhart »

Dogma wrote:Leomar moves over to the covered alcove in the floor, using the light from Sterling's lantern to take a better look at what is inside.
The display appears to be a diorama depicting a hunting party of Olman warriors, in feathers and deer-hide garments, in a mountain side scene. Some have successfully pulled down a stag with the aid of a dog. Another group is cleaning a small deer and the last party has cornered a puma with their spears. A scout watches the puma hunt from an outcropping above. He holds a metal staff with a loop in its end that looks like a shepherd's crook.
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Bhart »

Recklessfireball wrote:Thundrigore nervously eyes the wall of shifting rubble. After a moments consideration, he moves forward exactly ten feet, carefully examining everything illuminated by the light as he does so. He touches nothing, but observes his companions explorations, dipping his fingers into his spell component pouch and preparing to cast a spell, if needful.
Moving forward has given you a better view of the niche(d) on the south wall. Even in the dim light you can clearly make out a scene of tribal warfare. All the figures depict warriors carrying spears, clubs, and hand axes. The warriors of one side are painted black, while the other side is done in red.
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by angelicdoctor »

Bhart wrote:Cirdan: You see similar displays in the niches along the north wall. Your night vision allows you to make out scenes of fishing(A), farming(B), and religion(c) The 6" high figures in all of the displays appear to be made of stucco, realistically and brightly painted. As you move deeper into the darkness your infravision kicks in. You can see a small object on the floor near the last niche(c). At first you thought that it might be one of the figurines fallen from it's display, but as you move closer you can see it is a small bird. A few feet to the east you can see another. They appear to be dead canaries.
Cirdan's eyes go wide with horror as he realizes the significance of the poor, lifeless creatures before him. Regaining his composure he alerts the rest of the group in an urgent but calm tone, Gentlemen, I believe that you may want to have a look at this. All of us may be in very grave danger if we cannot effect a portal to the outside. These two unfortunate canaries, a pair of odd visitors to say the least, were not so lucky. I suspect that our air within this temple may not be pure.
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by Bhart »

Map update.
Attachments
1 square = 5 feet
1 square = 5 feet
Vault of chicomoztoc3.png (348.25 KiB) Viewed 566 times
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by onlyme »

angelicdoctor wrote:
Bhart wrote: ...but as you move closer you can see it is a small bird. A few feet to the east you can see another. They appear to be dead canaries.
....All of us may be in very grave danger if we cannot effect a portal to the outside. These two unfortunate canaries, a pair of odd visitors to say the least, were not so lucky. I suspect that our air within this temple may not be pure.[/dialog]
Sterling nods somberly...
Yes, yes. it is of the utmost importance. I have heard of primative cultures using canaries as monitors for the air levels...

He will quickly extend help in attempting to loosen a block from the south wall... using his battle axe...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by Recklessfireball »

The fat mage, upon hearing the two men's comments, swears out loud. "Well, that compounds our difficulty, doesn't it?"

Glancing behind him at the collapsed wall and ceiling, he asks, "I wonder if we could dig our way back up? My alchemical studies have taught me that gas is typically heavier than untainted air. We need to get to higher ground. I could try blasting open the roof with a thunder bolt, but I fear it might bring the entire structure down on our heads."

As he ponders this, he notices Oiran and Sterling attempting to pry lose a block from the wall. "Gentlemen, do be cautious. I've read a little on the ancient Olman cultures. They are known to place deadly traps to defend their tombs and temples."
Slighted
Scout
Scout

#38 Post by Slighted »

I'm all for finding an expeditious retreat, but should we not search for a door or other exit that may be less taxing to utilize? I am concerned we may use up what decent breaths we have left if overexerted. Rollo exclaims, trying to hide the uncertainty in his voice. He moves past the group on the south wall trying to squint ahead in the darkness.
Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by Bhart »

Rollo: As you move east the light of your sword reveals a stone door in the middle
of the east wall. The door is carved with a sun symbol and appears to open into the
room; there are hinges on this side and scratches arcing across the floor. There is
no visible lock or handle. Eight holes seem to have been bored into the door; they
are about 1" in diameter, but nothing can be seen in them. The door seems to be
fairly thick. The lintel is arched and there is a keystone at the top.

Thundrigore: Just as you finish warning the cleric and paladin, as if on cue, small
pebbles and sand start to trickle from the cieling above their heads.

Sterling and Oiran: The two of you begin to make some progress. As you loosen one
of the stones you hear the grinding sound of shifting stone. Dust and pebbles rain
down from the ceiling above. A small chunk of stucco falls and strikes Sterling's
helmet making a loud PING! Then things seem to settle. You have one of the blocks
partly worked out of the wall. Do you want to continue?

At this point I need everyone to make a saving throw against poison please.
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by angelicdoctor »

Return to “The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan - 1ed”