Witty Banter "OOC" stuff

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Witty Banter "OOC" stuff

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I've also mentioned that I kinda defy the rules a little and am allowing both a WB and a Shaman. Besides it's mentioned that there is a high chance for "player deaths" in this game. Though I imagine as things move forward it will be a little less likely. Besides I'm doing this all to see how much fun we can have in a role reversal type of deal.

Zeromancer there is no "thief" really for goblins. If you noticed in the goblin PC information (I know there is a lot of it) there is no classes for goblin PC's other than the WD and Shaman roles.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Zeromancer »

shaidar: No, I was making sure others knew I was no longer interested in the Shaman.

GretWolfVT: Yeah, I realize that. I have an idea on how to make a thief using these simplified rules. I'll PM you when I have something.
Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Dram »

Is there a Thief class goblin? The guys that sets the traps the adventurers set off. Also are Role playings all 3 monster PC's at the same time?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

What I am stating is that there is NO THIEF class for goblins. It's just warriors or the shaman & Witch-Doctor there is NO Thieves. So we cannot make a Thief Goblin. See below those are the only classes for Goblins.

Goblin Classes:

Fighter
Shaman
Witch-Doctor
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Zeromancer »

Yes, I know there isn't a thief class, though you did originally say we could bend these rules a bit. ;P I don't want to break anything though, so my plan is to mostly do it through how I play a particular character, not by his actual attributes. I'm working on my three tribals now.
GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zeromancer wrote:Yes, I know there isn't a thief class, though you did originally say we could bend these rules a bit. ;P I don't want to break anything though, so my plan is to mostly do it through how I play a particular character, not by his actual attributes. I'm working on my three tribals now.
What I meant by "bending the rules" mostly was where it was limiting to one WD or Shaman not one of each. That I am allowing. Random classes not listed for Goblin PC's however I'm not going that far, yet. ;)

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Zeromancer »

Fine, but one of them is still going to behave as a thief would. He's a "thief". On a side note, you've maxed out out HP at 7. The book states the following:

"A goblin who reaches maximum hit points (7) should be considered as HD 1, improving to THACO 19 and gaining +1 to each ability score. He either becomes the new tribal leader, or Mogur (“Boss”), if that position is vacant, or an elite warrior, one of the Mogur’s bodyguards.

Does this mean we've already won? :P Okay, obviously not, but do we mod our THACOs and ability scores?
GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zeromancer wrote:Fine, but one of them is still going to behave as a thief would. He's a "thief". On a side note, you've maxed out out HP at 7. The book states the following:

"A goblin who reaches maximum hit points (7) should be considered as HD 1, improving to THACO 19 and gaining +1 to each ability score. He either becomes the new tribal leader, or Mogur (“Boss”), if that position is vacant, or an elite warrior, one of the Mogur’s bodyguards.

Does this mean we've already won? :P Okay, obviously not, but do we mod our THACOs and ability scores?
I'm feeling generous so sure the position is currently filled. So you would be better THACO, however no rank up as of yet. Ability Scores remain as is.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Dram »

Slog will be playing a fighter.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Badams had to back out RL is really busy for him at the moment and he didn't want to bog the game down due to limited time for posting. So I'll bump him over to the wait list/Tentative Player list with Norjax. That being said I have a fair number of the NPC's setup on my second roller account. We should be ready to start on April 2nd as I planned for. Unless we gain any other interested players between now and then.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by shaidar »

sounds good to me, I'll fill out the rest of the character sheets before then.
GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Works for me was hoping there would be a couple more interested in this but 4 is enough to run with. Though you might go as one of the suggestions where I have you each control a small group 6 or so goblins.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Zeromancer »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Works for me was hoping there would be a couple more interested in this but 4 is enough to run with. Though you might go as one of the suggestions where I have you each control a small group 6 or so goblins.
I could inquire with a friend or two from offsite and see if anyone would be interested.
GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zeromancer wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Works for me was hoping there would be a couple more interested in this but 4 is enough to run with. Though you might go as one of the suggestions where I have you each control a small group 6 or so goblins.
I could inquire with a friend or two from offsite and see if anyone would be interested.
That works for me 6 players is better than 4 but I don't think i want any more than 6 at this time.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

How are we handling purchase of equipment? Do we just choose a bunch of weapons? What about foodstuff, light (depending on how you treat infravision), bedding, etc?

Also, there isn't any mention of Shaman weapon limitations. I imagine a totem-spear - something tribal and used to channel his god's power. But I'm used to ODD clerics and the "no pointed sticks" rules.
GreyWolfVT

#36 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:How are we handling purchase of equipment? Do we just choose a bunch of weapons? What about foodstuff, light (depending on how you treat infravision), bedding, etc?

Also, there isn't any mention of Shaman weapon limitations. I imagine a totem-spear - something tribal and used to channel his god's power. But I'm used to ODD clerics and the "no pointed sticks" rules.
There was no mention of "purchasing" items pretty much it was stated at least how i understood it that you were "granted" your weapons a shaman being like a cleric would be limited to "bludgeoning" weapons so club staff are good no pointy sticks as you stated would be correct. Being a goblin "lair" I will say since you all get to decide on trap placement you also decide on what light sources are where and how many to create "lighting" effects. I can't imagine you would need lots of gear spell components I give freely to begin with since half the stuff can be found locally in caves and in nature. Torches and a lot of the other items would have been looted when the goblin clan/tribe moved into the old wizard tower and you would have taken from others that perhaps the tribe raided or attacked on the roads or in the woods. So rope and the like can be easily gained.

Also on a side note Rex has joined the game. So we are back to 5 players. Welcome aboard Rex.

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Zeromancer »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:How are we handling purchase of equipment? Do we just choose a bunch of weapons? What about foodstuff, light (depending on how you treat infravision), bedding, etc?
There didn't seem to be a process outlined in the posted guidelines, so I just gave myself a bunch of stuff from the back of the DMG. Should be loads of fun. :D
Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Zeromancer »

On a side note, I've got someone interested in the last slot. He'll need an US account though, so we may be waiting a couple of days before he gets set up in here.
GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zeromancer wrote:On a side note, I've got someone interested in the last slot. He'll need an US account though, so we may be waiting a couple of days before he gets set up in here.
Alright sounds good to me. I can always bump our start day from April 2nd to the 6th if need be.

GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Zeromancer wrote:
There didn't seem to be a process outlined in the posted guidelines, so I just gave myself a bunch of stuff from the back of the DMG. Should be loads of fun. :D
I do hope that is a joke :lol: or else I might have to alter the NPC "evil" Adventuring party from what was in the module. Trust me they are not setup as I would allow a group to roll up stat wise.

Return to “The Reverse Dungeon (AD&D 2e)”