Home Sweet Home

hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Home Sweet Home

#21 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

Grossphil nods at Elitir and says, "Sounds good to me, so long as I'm not the first to go in. Oh I hope we don't get histoplasmosis doing this."

Grossphil will happily take his place in the center of the group with his spell book ready just in case his magic is necessary upon entry.
Lunna
Scout
Scout

#22 Post by Lunna »

"Right behind you lady", says Pumfrey, peering between Elitir's legs towards the void.
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Sprig peers at the void a bit longer trying to discern if it is a Darkness spell, like the one with which he is so familiar. He looks to the other mages. "We could try casting Light magic on it. 'Ahem'... if you have any," he says.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

"Alas, I am not able to cast that spell right now."Mac gets ready and positions his pole to fit the doorway. "After you."
hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

Grossphil shakes his head Sprig, "I'm afraid I don't have my continual light spell prepared for the day.".

(Ogre Mage, what's your rules regarding changing a spell during the day? I'm not sure I would, but if I wanted to change my prepared invisibility for continual light would you allow it? And if so, how much time would we have to spend for me to do so?)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#26 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan mutters, "I'm right behind... all of you, I guess."

When his turn comes, he doesn't hesitate to enter.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

Elitir

"In we go." Elitir strides into the darkness, feeling ahead with the edge of her shield, feet and sword.
scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel: ....I must have been daydreaming..... Can't let her go in by herself. Staff in right hand she enters the blackness keeping to the left wall (left hand). She uses the staff to tap ahead of herself & moves slowly.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#29 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Living Room
Arrival Evening

One by one the freezing wet party members bravely walk into the blackness of the doorway. The utter darkness passes in but a blink of an eye, and you all emerge into a large, warm, cozy, well lit room. Dark green in color, the room is accented with gold fabric wall hangings and paintings of wilderness settings that adorn the walls. The ceilings are 16 feet high and lined with half shuttered brass light fixtures every 30 feet that give off a continuous soft glow to light the room.

There is a small table with items on it to your immediate left and a large corner cabinet beyond that made of a dull colored metal. In the corner to your right is a small wooden door. A fireplace on the right hand wall glows bright with a burning fire. It is surrounded by 2 comfortable looking sofas and a pair of overstuffed lounge chairs.

30 feet into the room is a wall that is almost covered by a huge mirror set in a heavy filigreed frame of unfamiliar metals. Directly across from the fireplace on the left wall is another black portal much like the one you just entered through. Along the left side wall is a 10 foot wide hallway 30 long that ends in another identical black portal. There is another normal wooden door on the right side of that hall, half way down.

As you look around confused, taking it all in, a silver metallic watermelon shaped object walks out from around the back of the furthest couch. It has stubby little legs and feet, but no arms or head. It moves around randomly across the floor as you watch.

Actions?

Pumfrey 14/14
Elitir 22/22
Zefarrel 20/20 4/4 first 3/3 second
Grossphil 16/16 2/2 first 1/1 second
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25

I will PM you a map assist on this one CP.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rex »

Elitir

Elitir will move into the room so there is enough room for everyone, then she will shadow the walking mettalic object to make sure it doesn't attack anyone.
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Is... what is that?" says Sprig, freezing in place. "Hello?" he says, finally, addressing the automaton, looking for signs of hostility and preparing to bolt for couch-cover.
scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel moves to the right eyeing the small wood door (how small is it?) and approaches the fireplace. She will look to see if anything is on the ground between the couches. Does the fire give off heat?
hyperborea
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by hyperborea »

Grossphil the Feeble

Grossphil's interest is peaked by the table containing items. He turns to Mac and says, "Come on, let's see if there's anything magical over on that table. I'd certainly rather do that than catch something from whatever the hell that creature is."

Grossphil will approach the table (won't touch anything yet) and study the items on top of it. If there are any scrolls or potions on the table, he will see if he is able to read the scroll (to confirm if it is for magic users or not) and he will look for labels on any potions he may see. He'll trust Elitir to spring into action if that creature tries anything.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by Alethan »

Finnigan eyes the metallic thing with legs cautiously, looking like he might see how it responds to a swing of his axe...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Mac

"A most agreeable idea my good man." Mac walks with Grossphil over to the table and starts examining things. After a few moments, he decides that the warm fire looks too good to pass up. "This dampness will be the death of me. I'm going to warm myself at the fire."

Mac moves over to the fire, removes his wet robe and tries to get warm.
Lunna
Scout
Scout

#36 Post by Lunna »

Pumfrey follows the watermelon around, not getting too close.

"Hello little guy, what's your name?"

Could it fit in a small or large sack?
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#37 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Living Room
Arrival Evening

Finnigan does not like the look of the walking silver watermelon one bit. He sneers at it as it passes, with his ax in hand, but his contempt is completely ignored. Elitir, Pumfrey, and Sprig are also quite intrigued by it, the former pair begin tailing it as it randomly walks the plush carpeted floor of the room. The strange looking thing simply ignores this action as well and keeps right on going about its business. The gnome and halfling attempt a friendly greeting, as is their way. The large sacked sized, silver, faceless, watermelon does not respond to either of them.

Zefarrel moves right to investigate the smaller wooden door. It is less wide than a standard dungeon door, likely a closet or pantry of some kind. (give me a d6 roll in your next post, please) She then moves to the furniture that now seems void of any more surprises. The sitting area seems normal and quite comfortable. She moves next to the welcome site of the fireplace.

The soaking wet Grossphil and Mac spot the goodies on the table and cant resist a closer look. They see 3 items in total, spread out equally upon its surface. The first is a long, thin dagger that appears to be knapped entirely from one solid piece of some mysterious black stone. It has no identifiable markings on it that can be seen. The second item is a dark colored carved wooden totem of some kind. It is tall and has bizarre, unfamiliar faces etched up and down it on all sides, all done in extremely fine detail. The last item is constructed of some strange bronze colored metal. It is about the size of an ogres fist, polished to a bright shine, and shaped in the perfect form of a capital C.

Mac spots the glowing fire next and decides to try to get himself warm and dry. He joins Zefarrel who is already at the ornately carved mantle and begins to disrobe, setting aside his long pole for a moment. They are both perplexed when they discover that there is no heat coming from the flames, even though the fire looks perfectly normal to both of them. The entire room, even standing directly in front of the flames, is a perfect 72 degree temperature.

Actions?

Pumfrey 14/14
Elitir 22/22
Zefarrel 20/20 4/4 first 3/3 second
Grossphil 16/16 2/2 first 1/1 second
Mac 7/7 2/2 first 1/1 second
Sprig 10/10 2/2 first
Finnigan 25/25
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rex »

Elitir

Once Elitir is satisfied that the silver watermelon is not a threat at the moment she will search the ceiling, floor and walls for secret doors/compartments. Occasionally checking to make sure our watermelon friend isn't doing anything threatening.
scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by scottjen »

Zefarrel's mystery roll:
?[1d6] = 3
ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Sprig Will make his way over near the fireplace, just to the right of it near the wall, all while keeping one eye on the walking metal ball. If nothing dangerous manifests, he'll take a moment to examine the mantle and the fire itself. Is this some sort of illusion? he asks himself...

Return to “C3 The Lost Island... (1E Tournament)”