Action Thread 4

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 4

#21 Post by Nuke66 »

After seeing the results of their arrows, Al'Zur decides to take a different approach. He reaches for a vial of oil to throw at the lead monster.

[1d20+3] = 2+3 = 5 to hit with thrown oil.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo watches the creatures and looks for a good spot to get behind them.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Solinor »

Wulgard gets lost in the activity and stands in shock by the appearance of these creatures. He does nothing. I rolled a 4!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by saalaria »

Varkos gives up on his conversation, figuring it was now pointless anyway and steps up to attack the nearest creature:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 18+3 = 21 Dam [1d8+5] = 5+5 = 10

And for second attack if allowed:

code: Longsword [1d20+3] = 14+3 = 17 Dam [1d8+5] = 7+5 = 12

Hopefully we have some firewood now! Woohoo!

"Take that sticky notchy-hand man!"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by tkrexx »

Son of Thunder will have at one with his spear, tho it seems piercing weapons do little damage.

To hit: [1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 5+3 = 8

To hit: [1d20+2] = 6+2 = 8, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 2+3 = 5

Seems piercing weapons do absolutely NO damage, this time.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:57a
Round 1

I’m rolling for Korgul until KZ get’s back.

Malak and Odo are pretty sure they are hidden in the shadows and Illhalevar is pretty sure she is not, but allows the more combative types to get past her.

Zafalia scores a hit! She hits one that had not been previously hit, and staggers it a bit.

Even with his normally above average accuracy for an elf, Al’Zur lobs the oil too high and it busts, splattering on the sleeping baddie, though he slumbers on.

The cleric can’t score a hit, bewildered by the funky appearance of these creatures.

Varkos hits with his first attack! He slices a good gash in the one Al’Z hit with an arrow, staggering it a good bit. It definitely looks hurt now.

Though the creatures are slow, Son of Thunder trips himself up and is unable to stab with his spear.

Korgul hefts his battle axe and is equally tripped up as the ranger, cursing the miss.

The three creatures attack Varkos, Korgul and SoT with roundhouse attacks. But instead of connecting with their wooden hands, they grasp the dwarf, fighter and ranger tightly around the waist, then bringing their other arm to bear. Though their intent is to beat you three silly, they are unable to connect with their woody off hands, still adjusting to holding you all.

Varkos, his movement now pretty restricted is able to readjust his hold on his sword, and brings it down for a vicious stab, that goes through the creatures leafy featureless face, and slices it down through it’s torso. Green ichor/blood flows freely as the creature falls to the ground not moving.

Son of Thunder can’t adjust quickly enough with his spear, and misses his opponent.

Korgul adjust his grip on his axe and just misses his attack on the creature holding him.

This brings us to Round 2, there are no extra attacks. There are minuses to hit for SoT and Korgul, but I’ll add those in. At this point the two thief’s can maneuver the opportunity to backstab, give me a d100 roll and a d20 (with the appropriate backstab bonuses) and I’ll let you know what happens – it’ll be later in the round though

Everyone but the two hiding thieves can attack first this round, then the two creatures, then the two thieves.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT and Malak; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 56 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#27 Post by Alethan »

Seeing an opportunity to attack (and safely so), Ilhalevar rushes at the stick man on Son of Thunder and swings at it with her quarterstaff.

Melee Attack, Quarterstaff [1d20] = 7

Fortunately, she doesn't hit Son of Thunder in the process.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#28 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:At this point the two thief’s can maneuver the opportunity to backstab, give me a d100 roll and a d20 (with the appropriate backstab bonuses) and I’ll let you know what happens – it’ll be later in the round though
That tree-thing is no match for me, Malak thinks as he readies himself for his rear attack. At the opportune time, he lunges from his place of concealment. "Take that!" he exclaims as he brings his short sword stabbing down into one of the tree-like creatures.

Requested % roll for backstab [1d100] = 12
To hit with short sword (rear attack) [1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16
Damage against S/M with short sword (rear attack) [1d6x2] = 4x2 = 8
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by tkrexx »

Scarecrows! I am accosted by a scarecrow! Son of Thunder is flabbergasted, yet still tries to skewer his foe.

To hit: [1d20+2] = 15+2 = 17, damage with WS spear, sm-med: [1d6+3] = 4+3 = 7

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia stabs again from the second rank at the same scarecrow she hit the previous round, being careful not to hit one of her companions.

To Hit, spear in melee [1d20] = 19

Spear damage vs sm/med creatures [1d6] = 6

OOC: damn, this little gal is a battle wagon! :roll: :D
Last edited by Argennian on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by saalaria »

Got the same thing Arg and also have not changed my macro - guess its down. For what its worth Varkos will attack but I will try the roller again later

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by rredmond »

not sure about the macros, but the roller is good to go if y'all want to give it another try
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:not sure about the macros, but the roller is good to go if y'all want to give it another try

OOC: Done! 8-)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake will remains hiding until he spots a good opportunity to attack one of the creatures from a flank or preferably from the rear, or if he sees a nearby companion in melee under dire straights.

Here is the attack roll if he manages to do so. Modifiers for possible backstab, etc not included:

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 14, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 6, damage (L): [1d12] = 11

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo looks, if one of his party members gets in bad shape, he will jump out to strike, or if he gets a rear attack, he will strike.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Nuke66 »

Seeing all three trees are wrapped up, so to speak, Al'Zur pulls his sword and moves toward Son of Thunder. That spear isn't doing him much good in this situation.

[1d20+1] = 18+1 = 19 to hit
[1d8] = 3 damage

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 10:58a
Round 2

Dodging a missed quarterstaff attack from Ilhalevar, and fighting against the strength of the creature holding him, Son of Thunder is able to land a strong stabbing attack with his spear. It seems to reel a bit, but still holds on continues to attack.

Zafalia is able to stab the creature holding Korgul, with no ill effect to Korgul, causing it more damage, and putting a leaf sized hole through it. But Rake steps up to further spill green sap-like blood and ends it’s leafy life!

Al’Zur steps up able to put a well placed sword in the creature holding Son of Thunder, and it falls like the one off of Varkos, unmoving!

The two thieves jump out of the shadows, short swords a waggling, saying “AHA!” and then looking around to an ended melee.

A quick end to Round 2. Next actions?

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 22/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Korgul - 24/24; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 6/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Korgul: battle axe, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo; 2- Korgul and Varkos; 3- SoT and Malak; 4- Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- Zafalia and Wulfgard; 6- Rake
Consumables: Hooded lamp (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 55 minutes (Malak), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-2/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-4/4, 2-3/3

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#39 Post by Alethan »

"Quick! The sleeping one! Bind it and maybe we can communicate with it."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by saalaria »

Varkos wipes the green sap of his sword and moves to look wherever these things came from - he wont move far from the group - just to the far side.

OOC - I genuinely am not clear where these things came from - do any of us know?

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”