Prologue (2)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Prologue (2)

#21 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:"Use the torch, mage!,"
Castien rushes to his fallen companion. "Try to hold steady," he calmly instructs Quoros. He cautiously lowers the torch he's carrying, drawing the flame closer and closer to the bug, ultimately pressing the flame against the insect if the threat of heat alone isn't enough to draw it off.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Omega1143 »

Prologue 1.2 (Adventuring)
579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:28pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

The insect rears at the touch of the hot flame and detaches from Quoros' flesh. It scrambles around darting in various directions in obvious pain and scurries off south out of the gate and into the bog vegetation.

Cole acts immediately and binds the wound with a piece of cloth torn from an item in his pack. (Quoro's gains 3 HP's from the healing NWP. He was at -1 so he is now at 2 and conscious.)

"Gandrel, help me support Quoro's. We need to head back to the safety of the tower and formulate our plan for the night before any other bad luck befalls us,"
says Cole.

"I calculated that this place would have a few residents but had no idea it would be crawling with a hungry lot of them."

With that, the rogue and warrior assist the dwarf back to the tower.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 0/3 ; Quoros - 2/4 ; Karalquint - 0/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – N/A/N/A ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – N/A/N/A ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
MO: Co,G,Q,A,C,K 5'
Consumables: Torch – .50 hour
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 1/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:"We need to head back to the safety of the tower and formulate our plan for the night before any other bad luck befalls us," says Cole.
Castien returns to the tower as well, once again seating himself next to Ausus. "What led Quoros outside the moathouse?" he asks once Cole and Gandrel have positioned themselves within the tower as well.

"Also, regarding our overnight stay, how should we organize watches?"

Castien still holds the torch, but has detected that is is nearing the end of its burn. "There are four of us," he offers. "so we should partner up and do two watches of two. I suggest we let this one--" he indicates the torch he's holding "--burn out and I take first watch with Gandrel. We both share the ability to see heat in the dark but, as spell casters, we require uninterrupted sleep so it's best we shift together."
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:29pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

"We were outside the moathouse disposing of the spider,"
Cole responds. "I will wait up with both of you while Quoros gets much needed rest before praying to his god."

"I think we should aim for about eight hours rest."

That puts the party on watches until 8am.

How long was the first watch going to go?

Was Quoros wanting to cast that last CLW before heading to bed?

Just a rule reminder....for both priests and magi it is 10/mins. per level, per spell to replenish after a good nights sleep.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 0/3 ; Quoros - 3/4 ; Karalquint - 0/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – N/A/N/A ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – N/A/N/A ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 1/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#25 Post by Alethan »

Yah, who wants the CLW? Ausus or Karl? You guys want to roll a d100 and I'll cast it on the highest? :)

Or Rock Paper Scissors?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by saalaria »

OOC - hey all, I'm back.
Re the watches, well its 11.30 and we have 8.5 hours to cover and there are 6 of us so how about we do 3 /3 / 2.5 hours in pairs to cover?

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#28 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote: "I think we should aim for about eight hours rest."
"Will that be sufficient?" Castien wonders aloud. "I know, in order for me to recover my ability to cast magics, I need a good six hours of sleep. I imagine the requirements are the same for the men of faith. He performs some calculations in his head. "By my count, we have three --" He looks at Cole "-- or maybe four spell casters in our group. We'd need at least twelve hours, two six hour shifts, in order for everyone to regain their abilities."

Determined to get the nighttime procedures underway as soon as possible. "If anyone has anyone has any abilities they'd like to use today, now would be a good time to do it.

Cole, I take first watch with you, for six hours. Gandrel, Quoros, you two get your needed rest during that time. If we're able to rouse either Ausus or Karl, perhaps they could bridge the gap and allow Cole and myself to get our required rest time as well.
"
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#29 Post by Alethan »

Nuke66 wrote:[1d100] = 99 luck roll

pick me!
Hey, since you rolled!

Quoros casts his cure light wounds spell on the prone figure of Karl...

Cure Light Wounds [1d8] = 1

*sigh*

My fickle dance with the dice roller is not fairing well in this game. :( Got hit with three out of four attacks against me in combat and haven't landed a return blow yet and every CLW spell has been for less than 3 points. Grrr.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#30 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:My fickle dance with the dice roller is not fairing well in this game. :( Got hit with three out of four attacks against me in combat and haven't landed a return blow yet and every CLW spell has been for less than 3 points. Grrr.
Might be time to delete and recreate your macros. ;)
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 10 (11:28pm)
40h/28l, 5mph

Karl is now groggy and sitting up.

“The night watch sounds like a plan to me, Castien,”
Cole states. He then gives his opinion putting forth the fact the he and Gandrel should be able to function alright on 3 hours of sleep. His revision is such:

Cast & Cole & Gandrel (3 hours)
Cole & Karl (3 hours)
Quoros & Gandrel (3 hours)

If you give the go ahead Cole will stand guard right inside the tower entryway looking out to the courtyard. He believes the group should be fine with no light.

Just give me the go ahead and I will continue with night watch events if any or revise the shifts again if you are not in agreement. Once you agree to proceed give me a generalization of where the awake PC's will be and what they will be doing. Also, double check your WIH's at the bottom of the screen and let me know if they need changed.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 0/3 ; Quoros - 3/4 ; Karalquint - 1/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Torch ; Ausus – N/A/N/A ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#32 Post by Alethan »

This sounds good to me.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#33 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:His revision is such:

Cast & Cole & Gandrel (3 hours)
Cole & Karl (3 hours)
Quoros & Gandrel (3 hours)

If you give the go ahead Cole will stand guard right inside the tower entryway looking out to the courtyard. He believes the group should be fine with no light.
That arrangement works for me. The most likely person to object would be saalaria, controlling Gandrel. Although, if there will be no ill effects, I think we'll be okay.
Omega1143 wrote:give me a generalization of where the awake PC's will be and what they will be doing. Also, double check your WIH's at the bottom of the screen and let me know if they need changed.
Castien hands Cole the flickering torch. "For while it lasts." he says. He retreats back inside the tower and situates himself next to the still unconscious Ausus. He will minimize his movement, remaining alert, using his ears more than his eyes the darker it gets.

As for the weapons-in-hand, the only difference for Castien will be the lack of a torch.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 11 (2:30am)
54h/44l, 10mph

The torch extinguishes. The first 3 hours pass with nothing out of the ordinary.

During the watch Cole takes a minute to walk over and kneel before Ausus. Touching him with an un-gloved hand he mutters, "Un plurum, lanoint lanah, de un ra iem plurum, Heironeous."

Ausus gains consciousness and leans up against a wall trying to take in his surroundings.

Cole then moves back to his entryway post.

Castien will find time to study his spellbook after his rest. It's assumed he studied sleep again since I wasn't informed otherwise.

Quoros will pray during his watch as he will be rested. Three CLW's again? Or any change?

Let me know if anything else changes or verify we can move to the next watch.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 3/4 ; Karalquint - 1/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Free ; Ausus – TH. Sword/TH. Sword ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 1/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 0/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#35 Post by Alethan »

Yeah, I think we need all of the CLW we can get... No change there.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#36 Post by dmw71 »

Omega1143 wrote:During the watch Cole takes a minute to walk over and kneel before Ausus. Touching him with an un-gloved hand he mutters, "Un plurum, lanoint lanah, de un ra iem plurum, Heironeous."

Ausus gains consciousness and leans up against a wall trying to take in his surroundings.
"I thought you didn't trust magic?" Castien quips in an uncharacteristically sarcastic manner.
Omega1143 wrote:Castien will find time to study his spellbook after his rest.
Castien will also dedicate some time to inspect the the sides, the corners and the lids of the ivory box discovered in the tower. His intent is to determine whether or not it can be opened or if there is any locking mechanism on it. He will also attempt to detect any potential magical writing, glyphs or runes which may exist on it.

The following morning once everyone is awake, Castien suggests that the tower be used almost as a storage unit and the loose coins and whatever other items are discovered can be hidden with it so as to not be carried and weigh the party down.
-- Project --
-- DM --

Xaxyx
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Xaxyx »

Though conscious, Ausus still feels extremely weakened. Seeing that everyone else was alive and in one piece, he'll allow himself to drift back to sleep, in order to regain as much strength as he can for the next day.

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 11 (5:00am)
54h/44l, 10mph

"I don't,"
Cole replies to Castian, un-offended by the magi's sarcasm. "I trust the gods and my faith," he adds.

With that he turns his attention back to the courtyard while the second watch takes effect.

Two and a half hours pass by and dawn is creeping on the horizon. The sun has not yet rose but the sky is light enough to see fairly well without any assistance once one's eyes adjust.

Cole suddenly yet quietly takes his glove off and snaps his fingers at Karl who is seated by the sleeping party members. The emerald warrior makes a silent gesture with a flat hand over his head moving back and forth. He then holds up five fingers and points toward the courtyard then to his sword sheath. Finally he points to the sleeping individuals and puts a thumb up and moves his hand up and down. Donning his glove once again he turns his attention back to the courtyard as he presses his body tight against the inner tower stone. Silently he loosens the strap holding his sword in place.

Karl moves from member to member slowly and cautiously awakens them.

HP: Castian - 2/2 ; Ausus - 3/3 ; Quoros - 3/4 ; Karalquint - 1/3 ; Gandrel - 4/4
WIH: Castian – Quarterstaff/Free ; Ausus – TH. Sword/TH. Sword ; Quoros – Mace/M. Shield ; Karalquint – L. Sword/M. Shield ; Gandrel – Bow/Bow
Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 0/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by saalaria »

For what its worth the watch order was fine for Gandrel!

Once Gandrel awakes: "What is it Karl - enemies? What and where?"

Omega1143
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Omega1143 »

579 CY, Goodmonth 11 (5:00am)
54h/44l, 10mph

Cole turns upon hearing Gandrel speak and scowls at the rogue while sternly putting a finger up to his lips. He then turns back to his view of the courtyard and without looking gives a quick hand gesture towards Gandrel to come.

Consumables:
Spells: Castian - 1: 0/1 Sleepx1 ; Quoros - 1: 0/3 CLWx3 ; Gandrel - 1: 1/1 Color Sprayx1

Return to “Tavern Tales”