"Shadows Over..." - The Investigations of Josephine & Gordon

Grognardsw
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: "Shadows Over..." - The Investigations of Josephine & Go

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gordon Pym gives a stern look to the man "As the lady says we are here on official police matters. Investigating the murder of Elsie."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Grognardsw »

"Oh.. ah Elsie, yeah, she was a real crackerjack," the suddenly subdued Reggie mutters. "I'm pretty shaken up about that."

He sits down in a chair.

"But I ain't never heard of no coppers bustin into peoples apartments. Whaddya you wanna know?"
GreyWolfVT

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gordon Pym takes out the odd church pamphlet "Well what do you know about this?" he holds the pamphlet up so that the man can see it well. "Something is off with this pamphlet wouldn't you say? Are you aware of when Elsie last went to this place?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by FantasyChic »

Josephine Clark let's Pym take the head on this, as he has the actual authority to ask questions, but she gauges Reggie's reaction to the pamphlet.
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Grognardsw »

Josephine notices Reggie is staring a bit too long at her gams.

"Huh? Oh yeah, the church, that's nothing," says Reggie. "I ah picked - that was given to me. You know, those travelin Bible thumpers."

The turk lights a cigarette. "So the cops figure out who killed Elsie? That was a tough way to go."

Gordon and Josephine detect that Reggie doesn't seem too broken up about the death of his girl, if indeed she truly was.
GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gordon Pym "You know you sure don't appear to be to upset by Elsie's death. Seams a man who lost his loved one aught to be more grief stricken than you appear to be Reggie." the P.I. begins to walk around Reggie a bit pacing. "If you don't mind where were you at the time Elsie was murdered? Do you have anyone that can vouch for your whereabouts?" the P.I. begins his detective questioning. "Do you know why anyone would want to murder Elsie? Had she received any threats?" he continues to question.

Grog
I still don't have a character sheet for Gordon Pym.

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by FantasyChic »

Josephine Clark

She appreciated Gordon's interrogation techniques, but she felt this needed a "woman's touch" and decided to play good cop.

"Calm down Gordon. We'll get our answers I'm sure. Right Reggie? I am sure you did your fair share of grieving for Elsie, why not help us find who killed her? We just need to know where you were the night she died, that's all. Then we'll get out of your hair."
Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!

-Dr. Seuss
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Grognardsw »

Reggie looks at Josephine. "I grieved for her, I did, in my own way."

The night she died I was out gambling at the Whately's booze barn. Peoples there saw me. No I don't know anyone who'd want to hurt Elsie. She was a nice girl. She never mentioned any threats."

Gordon realizes Reggie never addressed his church question.
- Feel free to make any applicable skill rolls that correspond with your actions, for example Persuade, Fast Talk, Psychology, etc. Success may improve your results.

- It's assumed Gordon or Josephine told Reggie what day Else died. It's an approximation because the body was found sometime after the fact, with head and hands missing (per the "The Hunt - Marius Takes Aim" thread).
FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by FantasyChic »

Josephine Clark tries to persuade Eddie "That church, Eddie, why do you have a pamphlet from them and Elsie did too? It seems like they were more than door to door handouts."

-Dr. Seuss
GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gordon Pym "Tell us more about this church wont you Reggie?"

Persuade (35%) +20% [1d100] = 1

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Grognardsw »

Gordon and Josephine together try to persuade Reggie to open up about the church with the bizarre newsletter.

"My gramps is a member of St. Jude's and he's been trying to reel us into the school," admits Reggie. "They do have some strange wisdom. Elsie bit on some. We went to some services."
Gordon's roll of 1 is a critical, meaning high success.
GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gordon Pym looks to Reggie "Alright well then Reggie. I have a couple more questions and I think we can leave you alone. When was the last time you saw Elsie? Was she with anyone? Are you sure there is nobody that was following her, or causing trouble for her at all that might give us some leads as to who did this to her? Anything that you can remember will help us."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Grognardsw »

"The last time I saw Elsie was right before she went out to a concert," answers Reggie. "She was going out with a Miskatonic girl friend who had a cousin visiting from Providence, a bookstore clerk. I met the guy briefly, a real egghead. I didn't go to the concert, I'm not into that jazz music crap."

Josephine is quiet as Gordon questions Reggie. As the English professor and amateur sleuth thinks about the strange church newsletter, she recalls it is located in Innsmouth. That town rings a bell. Then Josephine remembers talking to a fellow professor - Carlton was his name - at a Miskatonic University faculty party. He had just published a monograph having to do about the town...

Last edited by Grognardsw on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gordon Pym nodding as Reggie speaks he takes out a small notepad and pencil to write down the important parts of what Reggie tells him. "Hmm and who was this friend? Do you know where we might find her and her cousin to question? Or at lease some names Reggie?" the P.I. again trying to use his powers of persuasion to get some answers from Reggie. "I promise this is all I need to ask and I can leave you alone Reggie."

Persuade (35%) +20% [1d100] = 35

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by FantasyChic »

Josephine Clark begins formulating a game plan as Gordon questions Reggie. He seemed to be doing a good job of it, so she let him have it. The professor she talked to at the party knew about the town, Innsmouth. She remembered hearing the name and thinking it must be a quaint town to live in. She decided she may need to pay the professor a visit and ask about the town before she went to the church, she would wait for Gordon to finish his questioning before she would bring it up.

-Dr. Seuss
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Grognardsw »

"Her girlfriend is Asenath Waite, and the cousin is Tim something-or-other," replies Reggie. "I don't remember his last name. Asenath lives on the same floor as Elsie in the Miskatonic dorm."
GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gordon Pym turning to look at Ms. Clark "Very well thank you Reggie. Ms.Clark did you have anything to follow up with before we depart?"

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by FantasyChic »

Josephine Clark shakes her head, "No, I think you covered all the bases. Thank you for the help Reggie. We'll do our best to catch whoever did this." She says it in a tone that suggests to Reggie that if he is responsible, even partly, they will get him.

Once her and Gordon step aside, she opens her purse and takes out her notepad "There's a professor back at Miskatonic who knows about the town the church is in. It's a town called Innsmouth. I'd like to follow up with him before I go visit the church. She writes somethign down and puts it back in her purse "You don't expect me to sit idly by, I take it. You're not like the other officers I've dealt with before. They usually don't take kindly to me snooping."

-Dr. Seuss
GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gordon Pym to Ms. Clark "An extra set of eyes and ears is always a good thing. I can use the help from an novice Sleuth. Helps find other clues and potentially see something I wouldn't be looking for Ms. Clark. I welcome your assistance. You appear to be on the same side as I am in this case. So lets get to the bottom of this what do you say Ms. Clark?"

FantasyChic
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by FantasyChic »

Josephine Clark smiled and nodded enthusiastically "Yes! Shall we go see the professor together or would you rather we go separate ways for now, in case you got something to do. The professor may be more open to talking to just me if there isn't the police present, but it's up to you."

-Dr. Seuss

Return to “That Which Should Not Be (Call of Cthulhu)”