OOC Thread #2

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC Thread #2

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

no reply to the pm and I tried asking his friends if they knew what was up but didn't get an answer from them either. So dunno whats going on with ski.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by max_vale »

Yeah, I PM'd a few days ago too and didn't get a response....hopefully it's nothing major. Okay, next post coming today; still working out the details with the possible new player.
GreyWolfVT

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I asked one of his friends that is on here and he is very busy with school so that may be part of it. His friend is going to find out if he is still in or if he is going to bow out Max.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#24 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

Im alive... mostly.
"shoot straight, conserve ammo, watch your buddy's back, and NEVER, cut a deal, with a Dragon." Shadowrunner's words of wisdom.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by max_vale »

Glad to hear you're still with us Ski!

Okay, the next post is up.....I haven't heard back yet from the possible new player; hopefully he'll get back with me soon. In the mean-time; have at it!
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#26 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

Hey Wolf.. threw in this line in the post.
" and Storm.... if you bring up what happened on Pragia last month... I WILL SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE!"

i'm thinking we had a quick, buddy bonding moment during the off time, both of us being spacers. we decided to rent some swoop bikes, and have a little race. one of us, probably me, or both of us, wrecked them.

just had that thought as i was writing the post. give me a ya or nay on it. hell, if any one else likes to jump into it, turn it into a "team goes to vacation spot together" in-between scene, that be cool.
"shoot straight, conserve ammo, watch your buddy's back, and NEVER, cut a deal, with a Dragon." Shadowrunner's words of wisdom.
GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

hey thats cool with me ski :) I know how to roll with things and ad lib when required :D

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Oh, I'd definitely be in to write in an in-between thread.
kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by kipper »

crazy ski 1701 wrote:
"Wait a minute, wouldn't it be better to let the trees cushion our fall, who knows what's beneath them?" Clark questions Jackson. He continues directing his fire towards the pursuing ship, aiming specifically for the engines.
"I DON"T (!@#$%^&) KNOW, do i look like a planetary botanist to you?!"
Clark has actually got 4D in Planetary Systems, but he's too busy shooting right now to try to remember anything :D!
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#30 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

HA! :D maybe we should listen to Dr Jones.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by max_vale »

Okay peoples; the next post is coming later today, but I wanted to let everyone know that Smoke Warrior will be joining the game playing the Bounty Hunter: Jane Corb; based off of the Jayne Cobb character from Firefly if you guys are familiar with that show.

He will start off on the Bounty Hunter's ship and will later join the PCs.

Welcome aboard Smoke!

-Max
GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

welcome smoke warrior :)

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Anyone basing characters off of Firefly is good in my book.

I aim to misbehave!
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#34 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

Max.. i had an idea i wanted to run past you before we started this episode.. kept forgetting.
any way, layering armor. since armor clothing is so flexible and a armor vest is only a vest, with a Dex of -1, could we layer them together, to get a +1D to the body only? since the hard plates only cover the rib cage like modern armor, the Dex penalty could stay the same at -1 or -2.

my thinking is that most firefights you aim for the chest, so you need the most protection there. if a character was in cover or only partially exposed, like a leg or arm, (or called shot) they would only get the +1 for the armor clothing. but in a stand up fight, like in a hall way, you'd get the +1D (1p+2p) for the chest.

watcha think?
Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Jedi Skyler »

While I personally agree with that idea, I also know that in MY experience, the desired outcome determines where you aim. While yes, center mass IS an easier shot, if I want 'em dead, I aim for the head.

So long as the Imps don't get that idea.
crazy ski 1701
Tracker
Tracker

#36 Post by crazy ski 1701 »

no one had helmets at the moment any way :P
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by max_vale »

Hey everyone; next post will come tonight/tomorrow....I'm getting a bit worried about Angel, haven't heard from him in a bit.

Okay as for the armor question.....basically, d6 is a pretty simple system and I'm trying to keep it that way....the less rules the better, from my perspective. :) I basically have all attacks except for ones that are called shots or the roll is WAY over the target number (like a 30 vs a Difficulty number of 10, for example); just hit center mass. Helmets DO apply for called shots and Zinn DOES have a helmet, by the way.

As for the layering armor.....I'll say that you CAN layer a Vest and Armor clothing; but the penalty would be -1D+1; due to the very limited motion as these armors were NOT meant to be worn together and also as an in-game mechanic to give Body Armor a reason to be desirable at +1D/-1D DEX.... because if layering Armor Clothing (+1/no penalty) and a Blast Vest (+2/-1 penalty) combines for a +1D but only -1 or -2 penalty, why would anyone ever get Body Armor?

That's my two cents anyway. :)
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by max_vale »

Sorry for the delay people….been a bit under the weather. Next post coming tomorrow.
GreyWolfVT

#39 Post by GreyWolfVT »

it's ok Max, illness happens.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by max_vale »

Ok, next post is up and MAN....I didn't realize how poorly this party is equipped for melee combat....sorry!

Basically, melee combat works like this: depending on the weapon, a Difficulty number is required to beat to hit....this can be modified by Dodging or Melee Parry rolls. If a hit is scored; damage is equal to STR + Weapon damage....so for example; a Vibroblade does STR + 1D; if the STR is 3D; the damage is 4D.

Difficulty numbers by weapon are:

Club: 5
Vibroblade, Sword, Spear: 10
Vibroaxe, Force Pike, Pole Arm: 15
Lightsaber: 20 (unless a Jedi who has "Lightsaber Combat", then its 10....like Borsk :) )

With that in mind; here's everyone's melee combat abilities and weapons:

Clark: Vibroblade (4D+1 damage)...skill: 2D+2 (now reduced to 1D+2)
Zinn: Vibroblade (4D+2 damage)....skill: 2D+2 (reduced to 1D+2 in armor)
Jackson: Blaster Pistol Club (STR +1 damage; in Jackson's case: 2D+1 damage; skill: 3D)
Gavin: Blaster Pistol Club (3D+1 damage); skill: 3D
Borsk La'Reth: Lightsaber (6D or less if wanted; damage; skill: 3D+1)

So....the best bets are Jackson and Gavin....with good skill to beat the Difficulty numbers; but don't do much damage; and La'Reth who is basically 50/50 to hit (3D+1 to beat 10)...and great damage.

Zinn and Clark are better armed, but both will have to spend Force Points just to hit....Damage is decent.

Sorry about that.....but it should be fun to play out....well, for me at least! :)

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”