The Garage

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Garage

#21 Post by Bloodaxe »

4 am
Derek drinks coffee & keeps a careful eye outside...& inside...especially on Tiny. Everyone is exhausted and fast asleep.
You see a few things wandering around but nothing too dangerous. When a few get close to the garage, you duck out of sight. One pounds on the wall, then wanders off. Everyone sleeps through it, except Blackie who growls quietly. You hear an engine in the distance, a gun shot, then closer. Suddenly a car drives on the main road, passes the garage and then is gone.

The sky grows lighter and the sun rises. Everyone is still sleeping.
8am

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Marcel »

Steve B. - Trucker

As Steve slumbers, he occasionally rubs his sore foot. His morning concerns will include inquiring about nearby area structures/places to go/loot. He'll also keep to the radio stastions and try the C.B.(?)

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by Bloodaxe »

Marcel wrote:Steve B. - Trucker

As Steve slumbers, he occasionally rubs his sore foot. His morning concerns will include inquiring about nearby area structures/places to go/loot. He'll also keep to the radio stations and try the C.B.(?)
Your foot throbs and your toe is definitely broken. Manageable, but going to slow you up a bit.

You have to run the generator to have the power.

The radio is a lot of static. Some stations have music (possibly automated), one has a recorded emergency broadcast message.
Please stay tuned to this station for important emergency information. then some "elevator" music, then the message again.

The CB is mostly silent, you do get some faint messages...possibly military- but you cant make them out. You might be too far away, or the signal too weak.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester - Old Mechanic
Chatting with Steve B

Lester brings the first aid kit to Steve and says "I ain't no medic, but try to splint that foot somehow. You don't want to fall behind with these things out there."

As to looting, Lester chuckles and says "Not much to loot around here. There's some houses and a handful of farms around within a mile, but not sure what we'd find." Lester gets a stern look and shakes his head continuing: "I ran to Allentown two days ago. That place was bad. Them bitin' things all over, reminded me of Nam, but worse. There are some stores, and a sporting goods place near the mall. But it's not gonna be a cakewalk if we go that way."

Lester shrugs and says "Good luck on the CB. I gave up on the first day."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Dram »

Whitey - Rises from his sleep a little stiff from sleeping on the floor, but he has slept in worst places. He stretches and walks over to where Lester and Steve are talking. Have you guys slept? I can take over watch if you guys want to catch some ZZZZZZ's
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Bloodaxe »

8:30 am

Tiny wakes up and stumbles around.
Any coffee left?

Norm sits on a chair eating dry cereal.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#27 Post by Scott308 »

Derek- Journalist

It was pretty quiet for the most part on my watch. We had something come pound on the doors for a bit, but it wandered off. I did hear a gunshot and a few moments later a car drove by, but they didn't even slow as they passed by. I didn't get a good enough look to see how many people were in it, too dark.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Marcel »

Steve B. - Trucker

Steve looks over the Ford Trailblazer and the Honda Civic in the garage to see if they need work and if there is anything he can lend a hand with.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Bloodaxe »

Steve looks over the Ford Trailblazer and the Honda Civic in the garage to see if they need work and if there is anything he can lend a hand with.
It looks like Lester already took care of that. The vehicles are in decent shape, full tank of gas, even oil change. No weapons or supplies on board though.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by AleBelly »

Chance finally wakes up, and for a brief morning enjoys the obliviousness of the newly woken. Unfortunately, it's only a few seconds until his brain is deluged by the flood of memories from the previous day. He's brought back to his new reality with a thud.

"Any news?" he asks the waking members of his party.

Marcel
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Marcel »

Bloodaxe wrote:

It looks like Lester already took care of that. The vehicles are in decent shape, full tank of gas, even oil change. No weapons or supplies on board though.
Steve B. - Trucker

Steve looks around for some welding gear and some scrap iron. Snow plow maybe? "Hey Lester.....you know what I'm thinking?"

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by badams30 »

Lester - Mechanic

Lester smirks and shrugs. "Got some welding stuff in the back. Can't hurt, I suppose. But if ya got to modify something, use my tow truck, my customers might get testy if we hack their cars up..."

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Lester by the looks of things out there. If your customers come for there vehicles they may like the extra armor. But that your call we will not mess with you do not want us to. I do have one question. Do you have any gasoline my friend Tiny here just got here on fumes and my ride is back at the diner.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#34 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester

Lester nods at Whitey's request. "I've got 5-6 cans of gas, should be plenty for your bikes. Let's try to save some if we decide to set out, and we can siphon all the rest that we can carry."

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#35 Post by Bloodaxe »

Marcel wrote:
Bloodaxe wrote:

Steve B. - Trucker

Steve looks around for some welding gear and some scrap iron. Snow plow maybe? "Hey Lester.....you know what I'm thinking?"
Steve doesn't see any scrap metal laying around. No plow either. Welding set in the corner though.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by Bloodaxe »

Tiny
Tiny rubs his wounded hand and looks out the small window of the garage door.
There aren't too many of those things outside. What's our next move?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#37 Post by badams30 »

Uncle Lester - Mechanic of the Apocalypse

Lester shrugs at the question of what next. "I don't know. I'm not one for fightin' or anything like that. I'm just some old fella trying to make a living. But I know I can't stay here. What about those refuge places people were talking about on the radio? Maybe we stock up, snag some extra supplies and fuel, and make our way toward one a' those?" Lester smirks and says "Just give me some coffee and gas, and this ol' guy is ready to go."

EDIT TO POST: Lester recalls an old snowplow blade that is outside, alongside the garage. He'll tell Whitey about it as well.

OOC: Probably a supply run is needed. Lester isn't a guns and ammo type, although he wouldn't turn down some extra rounds for his trusty shotgun, but basic supplies, food, water and some tools would be great. We could take the trailblazer since it's got extra seats, the tow truck for it's utility value, and grudgingly, maybe his new pickup. The refuge is probably a disaster, but Lester wouldn't suspect that. But some quality looting is probably needed now.
Last edited by badams30 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#38 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Chingy wakes up after a long sleep and rubs his face and eyes. He looks a lot worse than he did the night before.

Any of that coffee left pops? I may need to take a run out to my scoot. I forgot to......bring my toothbrush in.

So, anybody else get eaten since yesterday?

I'm with Lester. Supply/Weapons run.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Dram »

Whitey- Uncle Lester do you know of any gun surplus stores or a gun collector in the area. We can hit any party store or gas station to get food and water. Weapons is my main concern.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Bloodaxe »

Norm the busboy
There is old man Wilkins. Just him & his wife. He has a farm about a mile or so from here. He was always hunting & target shooting. He should have some guns.

Return to “Rot World RPG”