OOC VII

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC VII

#21 Post by thirdkingdom »

There are three votes for investigating number 8 first; I am going to say that a clear majority is in favor of circling around and coming at it from another direction. Unless I hear otherwise by the morning, I will go ahead and assume that y'all are going for building #8 first.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

Far enough, lets do 8
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Wyzard »

Let me break down my reasoning on the spiderbot:

We set off on this quest on Thursday, April 17 real-time. That means we have been on this quest for close to a month and a half, and we have basically fuck-all to show for it. That is a monster with more than one HD. It is in its lair; the lair is conveniently available from the dungeon entrance. We have reason to believe it has a lair treasure type; it's clearly a collector-type monster.

This not a random-monster encounter, that is a payout sitting right in front of us.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by thirdkingdom »

Okay, I've got two votes for killing the spider thing and one vote for leaving it alone. Anyone else want to chime in?
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by shaidar »

so which way, out past #8 and into the wilderness or head south and use the buildings as some limited cover ?

as we know the orcs have routes underground between buildings I think we should avoid buildings and head west past 8
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#26 Post by Alethan »

shaidar wrote:so which way, out past #8 and into the wilderness or head south and use the buildings as some limited cover ?

as we know the orcs have routes underground between buildings I think we should avoid buildings and head west past 8
You mean east?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Wyzard »

Hmm. I'm thinking Severi and the light foot retreat, bring the pursuers in range of bowshot and Mursley's sleep spells. If we can knock down the majority of them with sleep, I think that with the assistance of the mercenaries and swarm tactics we can drop a couple ogres without serious losses. After this we'd need to retreat, though.
MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by MonsterMash »

Ok, I can see the value in getting rid of the Ogres as they would be bad to have pursuing us. Just want to do a check to make sure there isn't another group coming at us too. Using archery against them will help a lot.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by shaidar »

I like the plan. My only concern is that the number of Ogres is not clear, 'several' is the description, so we need to be careful.

Sleep the orcs and pincushion the ogres before melee.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by Wyzard »

If we're lucky, the ogres will actually be carrying treasure. I think they usually have 1d6x100gp on their persons. So, we'll need to be ready to snatch that up.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by thirdkingdom »

As to the horses, I have been working on the assumption they were left back at camp. No one said otherwise, and I've been figuring movement as if y'all are on foot (most of the men-at-arms are unmounted.)
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#32 Post by Alethan »

thirdkingdom wrote:As to the horses, I have been working on the assumption they were left back at camp. No one said otherwise, and I've been figuring movement as if y'all are on foot (most of the men-at-arms are unmounted.)
That means there is no easy "flight". Fight or die.

Just the way I likes it.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by thirdkingdom »

FYI, I've been making the assumption that, even though the orcs are within Sleep range, the spellcasters would recognize that doing so at such a distance would probably not be worth it, as their companions could just awaken them.
Wyzard
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Wyzard »

LOOT LIST
Everyone pick one or two things to carry or distribute. Quote the list in your post, cross out things that you're carrying, and add it to your encumbrance on your sheet.

One sack made of some sort of rough animal hide, bulge resembling a candelabra, + 4-500 coins
One sack made of some sort of rough animal hide, bulge resembling a rectangular frame, + 4-500 coins
The shield lays, round, and made of some unknown species of wood, carved from a single piece.
A band of copper, oddly warm to the touch, though plain.
A gold torc, estimated at a value of 500 gold coins.
49 gold coins
A round medallion on a silver chain, clearly of human working, bears the sigil of a stag's head.

Severi takes the copper ring and the golden torc.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by shaidar »

Wyzard wrote:LOOT LIST
Everyone pick one or two things to carry or distribute. Quote the list in your post, cross out things that you're carrying, and add it to your encumbrance on your sheet.

One sack made of some sort of rough animal hide, bulge resembling a candelabra, + 4-500 coins
One sack made of some sort of rough animal hide, bulge resembling a rectangular frame, + 4-500 coins
The shield lays, round, and made of some unknown species of wood, carved from a single piece.
A band of copper, oddly warm to the touch, though plain.
A gold torc, estimated at a value of 500 gold coins.
49 gold coins
A round medallion on a silver chain, clearly of human working, bears the sigil of a stag's head.

Severi takes the copper ring and the golden torc.
the 49 gold coins and the medallion, again light things to keep his encumbrance down.

Mursley has Detect Magic in his spellbook. If any of those things are magical then it might be worth waiting for a day or two so he and Severi can learn Analyse from Gan's spellbook.
MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by MonsterMash »

Thurgan can't carry much as his enc is high already without slowing the party down.

Aren't some of the mercenaries pretty lightly equipped so they could carry maybe 50 coins each which would get a bit of it stowed and the MU to take a bit of the coinage.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by shaidar »

Opps, my movement should be 40', oh well. Yeah I suppose he could take up to 400cns.

Are these sacks full of coins, or a large item worth that many coins e.g. candelabra?

the slowest member of the group is at 20' move.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by thirdkingdom »

Each sack is filled to the max: 600 cn. Do you guys want to take the time to empty the sacks now? Yes, the men-at-arms could carry them, but I would also suggest the lesser encumbered PCs carry the bulk of the treasure, so the movement rates even out.
MonsterMash
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by MonsterMash »

We've got more sacks so things could even out, but the party will move at the slowest members speed so staying below 400 enc doesn't help that much unless you mean to run away.
Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#40 Post by Alethan »

thirdkingdom wrote:Each sack is filled to the max: 600 cn. Do you guys want to take the time to empty the sacks now? Yes, the men-at-arms could carry them, but I would also suggest the lesser encumbered PCs carry the bulk of the treasure, so the movement rates even out.
Mursley and Rhys can take the the two large sacks and we can count and worry about splitting it later. Once we get back to the horses, it won't matter because they can carry it all.

Return to “In Search of Adventure”