The Mouth of DOOOOM

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: The Mouth of DOOOOM

#21 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dogma wrote:Otikas tries not to look to peeved that the sandpit didn't reveal any secret entrances but fails miserably. "Well now...Jinx you said? And what exactly are these skills you possess that we are in such dire need of? Hmm?"
Jinx "Yes well ahem. Skills of shall we say of a different kind. Stealth and of the nature to disarm traps and pick locks. Would you turn skills like that down?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Tomcat42 »

Hrothgar
GreyWolfVT wrote:Jinx "Yes well ahem. Skills of shall we say of a different kind. Stealth and of the nature to disarm traps and pick locks. Would you turn skills like that down?"
"Hohoho!" Hrothgar chortles as he walks up to face the new arrival, looking him up and down. "I am Hrothgar of the Hasselblat clan and I'm glad to make your acquaintance, lad!" Hrothgar looks around at the rest of the party, pointing at Jinx with a thumb "With those type of talents, this one sounds like the perfect vanguard for our little foray!" he says with a bit of humor in his eyes.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."
Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Blazeguard »

Wolf walks up and holds out his hand, "Well met, Jinx. Wolf Nobleguard, at your service. I'm sure you'll be a useful addition to our party."
GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jinx "Well met Logan, Hrothgar and Wolf."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Todd Spengo »

Theron introduces himself. "I am Theron. I welcome you."
GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jinx "Ah and well met Theron. All greetings aside is there anything I might be of help in locating here in this place?"

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#27 Post by Dogma »

"Well, yes, I supposed those will be quite useful skills, "the wizard replies grudglingly, "quite usefull indeed. I'm sure."

"The name is Otikas. Otikas the Mystical to be exact. Wizard extraordinaire, at your service," he says with a bow and flourish of his hat. "My apologies, good man, for the rudeness earlier. Bit of a bad humor had me in its grasp but it has passed...it has passed indeed."

"As for what you can do to be of help..we need a safe entrance through yon tunnel. The brave Ushnab here has journeyed a short way into the mouth of the cave. But we don't know if his safe return was a matter of fate or design...and fate can be fickel for sure...fickle indeed. We need to know if the path is safe for all to travel, and not just the lucky."

'And then there is the matter of the doors. Yes! The doors!" he continues with a grand gesture towards the mouth of the cave. "Six doors he did find at the end of the path, six doors with no indication of which to open. No sign of the safe way to tread. A fine conundrum indeed it is. Someone with your talents may be just what we need to solve these riddles for us. Just the one we need I would say!"
GreyWolfVT

#28 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jinx "Greetings Otikas Wizard extraordinaire. I will investigate the passage and doors for traps. If I don' detect any I may need a wizard extraordinaire to detect any magic that might be on the doors or passage. I shall go forth and return with a report provided I am more than lucky and my skills don't fail me." he returns the flourish attitude greetings.

HereticalOne
Scout
Scout

#29 Post by HereticalOne »

"Welcome and well met Jinx. You bring us the one thing we could not easily acquire back in town. Finding a reliable person with your sort of skills is not the easiest task. The rangers did us a great service in sending you to us. If they sent you, then you're doubly welcome among us. I'm Ushnab. Our camp is nearly set-up. would you care for something to drink?"

Ushnab is relieved to have someone more expert in matters of traps and the like to go check on such things. He'll get back to studying his spells and practicing with his scimitar. Especially the scimitar.
I don't have a signature thingy.
GreyWolfVT

#30 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jinx pauses a moment while headed to do his tasks and greets Ushnab "Glad to meet you Ushnab. Indeed I was sent here by the rangers. I'll pass on the drink for now there is some work in need of my skills." Jinx then heads off to take care of the tasks he was starting to set out to do.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#31 Post by Distorted Humor »

The Party meets its newest member, and the party is able to set camp and be rested (All spells are fill up, everyone is healed up) Don't forget to add the 100xp for kills, gold, and Role playing bonuses.

It is falling to evening when the party is ready to move forward ....

I need to know who is going down in the Mouth, and the marching order, and if any hirelings are staying with the Camp.
GreyWolfVT

#32 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Jinx will go first to check for traps and the like.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Dogma »

Otikas will go down into the Mouth. He'll find a nice safe position in the middle of the group.
Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Todd Spengo »

Theron will follow Jinx, behind any front-line fighters should they descend now, otherwise directly behind the thief.
Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by Blazeguard »

Wolf will position himself in the midst of the party. He will leave Izack with his mule at the campsite for this initial delve.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Grognardsw »

Logan takes a swig of wine. He burps. He adjusts his hip plate. "Getting a bit tight in the waist," he grunts.

The fighter stretches his legs, shakes out his arms. He breaks a mighty wind.

"Okay, ready! Open up mouth, we're comin in!"

Logan climbs down the rope with gusto.
GreyWolfVT

#37 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Forgot to roll my trap check

Find and Remove Traps[1d100] = 100 :? :x :evil: S.O.B.!!!!!!

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Dogma »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Forgot to roll my trap check

Find and Remove Traps[1d100] = 100 :? :x :evil: S.O.B.!!!!!!
Otikas will stay about 30' back from Jinx :)
Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Tomcat42 »

Hrothgar

Hrothgar will either be beside Logan or directly behind him, in marching order, depending on space.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."
GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry but now you know why the man's name is Jinx :x

Return to “Delving into Rappan Athuk”