Chapter 7: Something Rotten In Greyhawk

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 7 : Something Rotten In Greyhawk

#21 Post by Rukellian »

If Gilnes did indeed lose some hit points during his interrogation, Dr. Lokvin's treatment (healing first aid ability) should have restored up to 1d3 points of health. Was this the case?

After providing a quick check for any fractures or internal wounds, the doctor bandages Gilnes up, with his permission of course, and tells him that the strength loss is normal and should return to him in due time. He does all of this while keeping a weary eye out for any of the physical ailments or beginnings of such as previously seen with Talaseka.

Oh, and no need to take a blood sample directly! He was quite bloody as it were, so yeah.... consider it taken care of. Don't read too much into this everyone :shock:

[1d100] = 77 [1d20] = 15 [1d10] = 10 [1d8] = 2 [1d6] = 5 [1d4] = 1

Bringing a cup of water over to Gilnes, he then asks about the event earlier today. "Though I won't push on the subject too much, I cannot speak for everyone else. Tell us if you can. What exactly were your interrogators asking about? They referred to us supposively, do you know what about?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Stonjuz »

Rukellian wrote:.... treatment (healing first aid ability) should have restored up to 1d3 points of health. Was this the case?
Yes, but he needs Strength of Stone or something to that effect. Stamina and Muscle have been affected.
Your d20 roll of 15 was high, but I allowed the healing due to locale.
Attachments
FLOORPLAN.jpg
FLOORPLAN.jpg (91.05 KiB) Viewed 640 times
Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Majik »

Once breath return to Gilnes, he nods his comprehension of Agrim’s concerns, “I am most saddened to say this my new friend, but all I can tell you is that they took me into the sewers. Given time perhaps I can retrace my escape back, but the easiest course of action would appear to be to take you to the spot I was taken… and start from there.”

It is at this moment that the doctor brings the cup of water over to the charming elf and he accepts it with a warming smile and a jesting wink. "As I best as I can recall doctor, they asked little more than who you are. And at the time I knew less than what I know now… “, the swashbuckler laughs “and that is still not enough to impress even the freshest of serving maids”. Gil laughs again with more energy. “ I can only say that they are very interested in your actions, and that should be enough to put you on your guard.”

For the DM: [1d100] = 48[1d20] = 8[1d10] = 9[1d8] = 6[1d6] = 1[1d4] = 1
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by wolfpack »

Well whoever they are I say we go have a little talk with them.

[1d100] = 33[1d20] = 14[1d10] = 4[1d8] = 7[1d6] = 5[1d4] = 2
Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Stonjuz »

The group can smell the meal from down the street. The finer nose can detect that the meal could have been cooked too long.
Everyone is hungry. It is well after 9pm by the time the exams finish and no one has eaten since ......
Wait. After 9pm? The meal would have been finished hours ago. Well somebody obviously burnt something.
Wait. Something's burning. And it is close.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rukellian »

While Gilnes and the others talks about the ordeal in the sewers and going into such a place, a smell starts to drift in the air. Fezuul catches wind of this. Instead of having his stomach growl, his mind would not allow it otherwise for he knew it was NOT food that was burning. Walking outside his clinic abrupty, leaving the group without saying anything, the doctor looks just outside his door to see if he can spot the source.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by wolfpack »

*sniff**sniff*

What's burning?
Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by Stonjuz »

Everyone works their way out of the Healthy Hands Clinic. The group stands together, under the night's sky, for the first time.
The smoke from the fire is coming right this way from south of the wall that divides the city.
As the group prepares itself into its newfound formation of travel, they all see the giant owner of the Fish heading that way.
As Gruenab the giant passes the clinic he slows to offer and say, "Someone, a boy, delivered this. He asked for Greystarr."
A town firebell begins ringing from the southern section.
The Unseen Servants of Greyhawk look at each other as Benson stands with another sealed scroll.
:twisted:

I need a formation.
grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by grey_starr »

*Benson steps to the forefront to accept the document* Thank you master Gruenab... could you tell us what is happening over there? *indicating the area of the fire*

*Benson checks the seal to see if he knows it before cracking it and opening the scroll... giving it quick read to see if it is private before reading it to the group - should it be private, he provide the honest answer why he can not read it to them*

[1d20] = 15, [1d12] = 3, [1d10] = 6, [1d8] = 5, [1d6] = 1, [1d4] = 4
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...
Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by Stonjuz »

The nine and-a-half foot giant, Gruenab, says as he leaves the area and heads towards the large blaze, "Haha , looks and smells like some of the fish warehouses could be on fire."

Benson examines the red wax seal, unbroken until he unrolls the parchment.
The words, easily readable, and nonmagical read...
"Lady Talaseka is near death. Come quickly. She will not live the night."
grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by grey_starr »

Okay hero's, I have been summoned back to Lady Talaseka right away... which I will assume is for us all. She is soon to be at the side of Saint Cuthbert, so let us make haste! *leading the way*
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rukellian »

grey_starr wrote:Okay hero's, I have been summoned back to Lady Talaseka right away... which I will assume is for us all. She is soon to be at the side of Saint Cuthbert, so let us make haste! *leading the way*
The doctor's face grows a bit paler than usual as he hears of this dire news. A look of disbelief flashes across his face at first, but then realizes in a few seconds that the man was serious. The doctor then starts to run as well, following Benson. "She was stable," the doctor yells forth in his head. "Her condition was still treatable... why the sudden change? Could the drain have been... no, I've underestimated them. Damn it!"
Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Stonjuz »

The proverbial fan has been turned on.
Combat is about to ensue.
It is a nasty one.
Some will not survive.
No promises.
We all know what happens when I play your characters as NPC. So stay tuned and keep posting, to keep the combat moving.
Make me believe that you WANT to live.
8-)

Traveling north, Benson and Phineous form a wedge thru the people of Greyhawk. as more of the citizens are heading south to see the fire.
Somewhere up the northeastern path, towards the Temple Shrine, Gilnes hears his cat. The cat sits and waits until the group is parallel and then runs to the elf.
Gilnes realizes this is near the spot he escaped the sewers.
Footsteps, clicking sticks and clanging swords on the night winds. The noises, forward and rear, are easily detectable by the rogue and he motions the group to stop.
Everyone gets quiet just in time to hear the whispering words of a magical spell being spoken from on high. As if the gods were speaking down on the party, all in the group fall to the caster's frightening words.
"BEWILDERED"

Roll 1d20 save vs. Spell
[1d100] = 39 [1d20] = 11 [1d10] = 5 [1d8] = 6 [1d6] = 6 [1d4] = 2

A toast. To combat....
May it be short and in your favor.

Six figures, armored and armed, block the road to the east, and six take position to the west. There is a robed figure, arms extended, on the roof top to the south, flanked by two others.
Action declarations, and rolls
grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by grey_starr »

DPP(14): [1d20] = 11, PP(16): [1d20] = 16, RSW(15): [1d20] = 10, B(17): [1d20] = 16, S(17): [1d20] = 2 (success for all saves)

*Benson brings his shield off his back into hand... as well as bringing out his club and braces for battle - he will not be one to start it!* Make way citizens! lives are on the line!

Keep in mind he is not a mage - so to have a word yelled at him does not mean he knows it to be an "attack".

Initiative [1d10] = 10 (CRAP!)

[1d20] = 4, [1d12] = 8, [1d10] = 4, [1d8] = 6, [1d6] = 6, [1d4] = 3
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Rukellian »

[1d20] = 15

My roll for the spell save is above. I easily get confused between whether I need to roll high or low for those, so yeah, I'm in the dark for now.

Fezuul instinctively casts a shield spell in front of him, and then looks for any entrances to the building that the robed figures are on. "We cannot afford to be out in the open like this! Benson, can you get us safely inside a more defensible area, like that building over there?" The doctor points to the one that the robed figures are standing on. Looking around, Fezuul can determine that the armored people are the mages pawns, and that they serve as their direct swords and shields. Meaning... After a moment of quick thinking Fezuul then adds, "The enemy forces on the ground are probably meant to distract us, so that those vile mages above, or whoever they are, can sling their dark magics at us. We need to get out of their line of sight fast, and avoid getting outnumbered here! Chances are, they will have a hard time engaging us in melee on the rooftop."

If my character is debilatated by the spell in some way, well, I guess I don't say all that, and we will see what happens. :shock:
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by wolfpack »

[1d20] = 15

[1d10] = 10

Phineius with shield and spear bolts into the buildng to the south that the mages are on top of.

we can't let them have the high ground
Last edited by wolfpack on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragnboneshopper
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by ragnboneshopper »

Agrim initiative roll: [1d10] = 8

Agrim, saving throw: [1d20] = 5 Damn! :roll:

Agrim, should he still be functional as this combat gets under way, will utter the words to a spell of sanctuary and will then draw hand axe and shield and cover the party's rear guard while trying to enter the southern building. Any approaching combatant who is able to ignore his spell of sanctuary, Agrim will attack with an axe between the eyes.

[1d100] = 26, [1d20] = 11, [1d10] = 10, [1d8] = 1, [1d6] = 2, [1d4] = 1

I agree that we're toast if we stay out here in the open. I'm willing to buy time and hold them at the door to the southern building so that you all can get upstairs to deal with the spellcaster(s)...
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by NJWilliam »

Branc Temugen, wild mage

Branc, feeling his oats with his recent magical studies, uses Nahal's Reckless Dweomer to cast a flaming sphere, he targets it to manifest on top of the casters on the rooftop.
Branc: [1d6] = 3, [1d8] = 1, [1d10] = 1, [1d20] = 13, [1d100] = 96
Save vs. spell is 12+.

Wild magic result is 96+3 (level): minimum duration of 1 turn!

Branc Initiative (d10): [1d10] = 3+1Oops, I guess initiative might be the 1d10 result from the rolls up above?
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Majik »

Gilnes pulls out his short bow aiming at the mage on the tower.
For the DM: [1d100] = 85[1d20] = 6[1d10] = 3[1d8] = 8[1d6] = 5[1d4] = 2
Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Majik »

[1d20+4] = 8+4 = 12[1d20+4] = 9+4 = 13[1d6] = 1[1d6] = 4

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”