Chapter 2: You woke up where exactly?

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 2: You woke up where exactly?

#21 Post by NJWilliam »

Gustov

Gustov gauges the distance to both the leader and the archer, thinking that taking out the leader might rout the gang, but the archer is the most immediate threat . . .
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon

Deceidon lets fly his arrow at the bandit archer, followed by his second arrow, then ducks behind a tree. That is, unless he's injured first in which case he'll do something else.
Group Initiative: Initiative [1d6] = 1 Jesus H. Christ a 1. Last time I roll for initiative. I should add, not that it applies for me due to Dex., but for those with missile weapons at the ready they can add their Dex. bonus to initiative, "potentially attacking first even if his party has lost the initiative roll" (OSRIC, Updated 2nd Edition, PDF version, p.127)
Two arrows per round:
To Hit with bow [1d20] = 5 , Damage [1d6] = 3
To Hit with bow [1d20] = 15 , Damage [1d6] = 4
Ducking behind tree due to poor AC, and HP that could get me killed with one good blow.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Rukellian »

Initiative roll please, if its going to be a group roll, the first one to do so will be recognized as the roller for the group, until everyone says otherwise.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Grognardsw »

In my spoiler in my last post, I did the group initiative roll as well as my to hit and damage (this latter combo macro seems a practice in other campaigns to speed things along, even if one's To Hit missed.) Of course, seeing what I rolled for Initiative, I'm sure the group would welcome rolling again.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Rukellian »

Sorry if I didn't catch that spoiler Grognardsw, and in light of the confusion, I will allow a reroll for the group initiative :lol: . The to hit and damage rolls will remain, however, and will be factored into the battle.

Once everyone has posted their actions I will provide an update. onlyme will be excluded for now due to his temporary absence, that and Whitsell cannot do much in his current position, other than maybe swing his body around randomly.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell will hang out. If he can take his sword (or knife if I gave him one) and saw on the ropings.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by NJWilliam »

Gustov

Group Initiative: [1d6] = 3
(ooc: I believe Gustov with sling in hand acts 3 rounds earlier than whatever the opponents roll)

Gustov slings a bullet at the archer: Gustov, sling (THAC0 19): to hit [1d20] = 20, damage [1d4+1] = 4+1 = 5/[1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

He then drops his sling and draws two daggers with a smile.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by tooleychris »

As the Archer is attacked, Flynn will take a swing at the rope trapping his comrad.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rukellian »

The negotiations were off as Gustov made the first decisive move. With sling in hand, he fired at the archer hitting him squarely in the face. The archer slighty disoriented from the sudden hit, fires his arrow wildly and misses all of his targets. An arrow whizzes by the archers face, missing him completely, but afterwards a second arrow came flying shortly afterwards and met its target! The archer slumps back, dead.

Meanwhile, one of the bandits charges at Deceidon with a dagger, but to no result as he slashes the air in front of him, missing completely. The same can be said for the other bandit as his club swings over Flynn's head. The leader of the group, outraged by the sudden attack, unsheafs his shortsword and swings at Gustov. But once again, horrible luck seemed to look down upon the bandits, as the leader's strike missed as well.

After successfully taking out the archer and avoiding a dagger attack, Deceidon retreats into the woods and prepares himself for another encounter. Gustov also readies himself with his own blades as the leader closes in on him with his shortsword. Flynn dodges his attack with ease, and works towards quickly cutting the rope hanging Whitsell above ground. The task appears easier said then done though as the heavy bandit with the club continues to try attacking Flynn during his efforts. Whitsell too also tries to cut the rope with his longsword, but finds it difficult to pull his upper body up. When you can, please provide a strength check for Whitsell, otherwise I might do it myself.

Alright, no damage taken to the adventuring group and the bandits are down one archer! Keep up the good rolls and let us move on to the next set of actions.
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by NJWilliam »

Gustov, Fighter/Thief (hp 8/8)

Group Initiative: [1d6] = 6

Gustov attacks the bandit leader with both daggers.

Gustov, right hand dagger melee (THAC0 14): to hit, [1d20] = 19 | damage, [1d4] = 2+6

Gustov, left hand dagger melee (THAC0 15): to hit, [1d20] = 9 | damage, [1d4+6] = 4+6 = 10

ooc: Gustov has a 3/2 attack rate with daggers due to specialization, I assume his two attacks with his right hand would be in the second round of dagger strikes. If not roll me another right hand attack this round!
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by tooleychris »

if Flynn succesfully cuts the rope trap, he will engage the closest bandit.

"I do hope your death is more graceful than thou play at sword. " he taunts swinging.
"For Ive seen children swing branch with more skill!"

Rapier to hit roll [1d20+3] = 12+3 = 15 Damage [1d6] = 5
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon

Deceidon tries to elude attack by moving back into the trees and fires from cover.

DM Ruke, can you please roll for me as I'm playing on my phone for the next day and it and the dice roller don't get along. Thanks.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rukellian »

Once again, Gustov leads the group's attack as he makes a deadly strike with his right hand dagger and drops the bandit leader. There are very few who can survive a dagger thrust into the neck! Simultaneously, the rope holding Whitsell up snaps with the swift cut of Flynn's rapier and releases its captive. With his attention now on the big brute with the club, Flynn lunges at his target with rapier still in hand deals a heavy blow to the bandit. Howling in pain, he steps back and curses under his breath. Though he may be gravely injured, the bandit still manages to stand and aimlessly swings his club. To no ones surprise, the bandit misses once again. Flynn's laughter can be heard in the background.

While the fight ensues near the leaf covered trail, Deceidon lures the dagger wielding bandit into the forest. With stealth on his side, Deceidon makes quick work of his pursuer with only one arrow! One bandit remains now and the group is still untouched. Whitsell is free to act now, and everyone can now post their next set of actions... that poor bandit :lol: have at it!
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by tooleychris »

Flynn laughs. "pathetic."
He twirls his blade in a fashionable manner reserved to those who have mastery and prepares to parry if necessary.
"Come, dog. Surely there be fight left in you yet? Or run and tell the rest of thou flea ridden litter, there be masters of steel and bow present. Beware!"
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Grognardsw »

Deceidon

Deceidon steps out of the forest, too late for action but gives voice: "Let us question the bandit, he may be able to give our location and other information."

Deceidon retrieves his arrows.
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by NJWilliam »

Gustov (hp 8/8)

Gustov advances on the remaining bandit, and shouts, "Surrender!"

If the bandit does not, Gustov attacks using the pommels of his daggers for subdual damage.

Group Initiative: [1d6] = 1

(ooc: doh! Sorry! Does Gustov still get a first attack as a fighter with a multiple attack routine?)

Gustov, right hand dagger melee (THAC0 14): to hit, [1d20] = 20 | damage, [1d4+6] = 3+6 = 9

If the bandit remains standing after that, Gustov presses with his remaining attacks:

Gustov, left hand dagger melee (THAC0 15): to hit, [1d20] = 1 | damage, [1d4+6] = 2+6 = 8

Gustov, right hand dagger melee (THAC0 14): to hit, [1d20] = 12 | damage, [1d4+6] = 2+6 = 8
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rukellian »

The bandit looks around frantically for any surviving members of his group. None. With a grunt of defeat he throws his club to the ground and drops to his knees and hands, one of which is used to hold onto his side wound. "No more! Please, I d-don't want to die here," he says with teary eyes. Seeing a grown man cry like that is never a pleasant sight, pathetic to say the least, but at least the bandit is now defanged. Looking up at the closest person with wide eyes, he exclaims: "I don't knowz much, but I can tell yous what I know... I thinks."

While retrieving arrows, Deceidon is able to retrieve two of the three that he fired. The one that missed hit a rock and snapped apart.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by onlyme »

Whitsell, still a bit shaken by his capture and not-so-gentle release, walks up to the bandit.
Do you have a name? We mean no more harm than we have to, you realize. I am sure we can help each other, here. Is there work you are able to do, now that you are free from 'him'? He looks toward the body of the bandit leader, hoping to ease the bandit's mind by allowing blame to be directed toward the deceased.

What are the chances that the bandit leader was about Whitsell's size? that armor could use a new body
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rukellian »

Now sitting up against a tree, he mentions that his name is 'Lump' and that it was given to him by the rest of the bandits back at camp. He doesn't remember exactly how he got here, or when he got here, but for the longest time he was part of the bandit camp that has been preying on merchants and other adventurers alike who appear here just as mysteriously. He makes mention that there is a town nearby and that he can take them there if they promise to forget about what he did. A simple person with a simple request. As he speaks more of his mind and what he knows, he becomes more relaxed, or as relaxed as an injured man can get, and seems more than willing to cooperate. Though given Lump's type of responses, the group gets the feeling that the leader they slew probably knew more, and was probably better educated.
onlyme wrote:What are the chances that the bandit leader was about Whitsell's size? that armor could use a new body
The chances are very good. In fact, it may just be a perfect fit.
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by NJWilliam »

Gustov

"Perhaps there are some clues in the others belongings," says Gustov, as he looks through the gear and packs of the slain.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”