OOC I

thirdkingdom
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC I

#21 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:33 pm With the Caprini, I do not see anywhere on the sheet where it says which stat is aligned with the two psychic devotions.
They're both in the Psychoportation Discipline, so are tied to Dexterity.

Psionics 2 edit.jpg
Psionics 2 edit.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 3401 times
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

So, I noted we were a little light on fighters and also, more worryingly, on healing.

Would you be adverse if I actually spent two of my skills points now, to help with some of this? This also fits into my characters background, where his mother was a healer and herbalist. I'd have a point left unused.

One skill point on healing.
One skill point on Survival: Herbalism, Naturalist
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#23 Post by kalstone »

My character can cast some cleric spells. Would healing spells be included in those? He also has lay on hands, which isn't a ton of hp at low levels but it's something.
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by thirdkingdom »

kalstone wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:22 pm My character can cast some cleric spells. Would healing spells be included in those? He also has lay on hands, which isn't a ton of hp at low levels but it's something.
Ah, sorry, I forgot to post the seer spell list. Here you go:

1st level: animal friendship(#), augury($), cure light wounds*, detect magic*, detect invisible, featherfall($), predict weather(#), preserve($), slow poison(#), speak with animals(#)

2nd level: barkskin(#), charm person, dancing lights(~), locate plant or animal(#), locate object, obscuring mist(#), snake charm*

3rd level: clairvoyance, cure disease*, dispel magic, divination($), growth of nature(#), hallucinatory terrain(~), protection from poison(#), tree shape(#)

4th level: call lightning(#), cure serious wounds*, invisibility, protection from fire and lightning(#), speak with plants(#), summon animals(#)

5th level: commune*, commune with nature(#), insect plague*, looking glass(~), pass plant(#), polymorph self, true seeing, wizard eye
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by thirdkingdom »

Looks like we've got all the players ready to go, and knowing the sully is going to be out of town middle of the week let's go ahead and get started. I've added a snapshot of the hex map to the IC post. Don't forget to subscribe to the IC thread to get noticifications.
stilladventuring
Strider
Strider

#26 Post by stilladventuring »

Hello. I have a couple of questions.
1- on the assassin it says “ *At 1st level the assassin can select one of the combat styles described in the fighter section of this chapter.” I have the advanced players fantasy tome and couldn’t find anything in there. I am wondering which other books or pdfs I need to play.
2-on the assassin it says “ At every level, including 1st, an assassin gains 2 points. They may distribute these points amongst the five abilities, as long as no more than one point is devoted to any single ability per level.” Are the 5 abilities climb, hear noise, sleight of hand, sneak and spot ? Does it lower the number required by 1 when a point is added ?
3-we are not buying any equipment is that correct ? I just notice that I have backstab but only sword and no dagger aswell.
4-if you pick the skill athletics do you need to select the sub category or do you get them all ? Athletics says “can be divided into” where also survival says “includes”.

Thanks john
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by thirdkingdom »

stilladventuring wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:39 pm Hello. I have a couple of questions.
1- on the assassin it says “ *At 1st level the assassin can select one of the combat styles described in the fighter section of this chapter.” I have the advanced players fantasy tome and couldn’t find anything in there. I am wondering which other books or pdfs I need to play.
2-on the assassin it says “ At every level, including 1st, an assassin gains 2 points. They may distribute these points amongst the five abilities, as long as no more than one point is devoted to any single ability per level.” Are the 5 abilities climb, hear noise, sleight of hand, sneak and spot ? Does it lower the number required by 1 when a point is added ?
3-we are not buying any equipment is that correct ? I just notice that I have backstab but only sword and no dagger aswell.
4-if you pick the skill athletics do you need to select the sub category or do you get them all ? Athletics says “can be divided into” where also survival says “includes”.

Thanks john
Ah, sorry about that. See below.

1. I'm not going to make you buy anything to play, so I've screenshotted the relevant information on fighting styles.
2. You start out needing to roll a 14+ on d20 for the thief skills, and have two points to distribute between the five abilities. I already did that when I randomly generated the character (frex, they can hear noise on a 13+). When (if) you survive to reach level 2 you can distribute as desired.
3. I already prepurchased equipment (randomly) for each class. You can backstab with a sword (or any weapon, including missile weapons, as long as you have surprise).
4. If you select the broad category you get all the skills at the Proficient level, or you can select a smaller number at skilled.
Fighting Styles.png
Fighting Styles.png (50.38 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by shaidar »

For things like spot checks for traps, do you want us to state our intent and you roll the dice, or are you happy for us to roll?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:07 pm For things like spot checks for traps, do you want us to state our intent and you roll the dice, or are you happy for us to roll?
For checking for traps, listen, etc. I would like to roll. Everything else you can roll for, as long as you link to your roll. You can use the US dice roller or another roller (I like orokos.com).
BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Realized that Brooku does not have a class only a race...do Cyclopskin's have a class other than Figther?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by thirdkingdom »

BaltoBruiser wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:36 pm Realized that Brooku does not have a class only a race...do Cyclopskin's have a class other than Figther?
We're doing race-as-class.
stilladventuring
Strider
Strider

#32 Post by stilladventuring »

Basic questions - sorry. I have been asking ChatGPT for some of the answers. I need help on this one.
1-on my character sheet (I am the skulky one) it lists under combat AC 13. My character has leather armor which I believe is 7[12] and my character has a DEX bonus of +1 so shouldn’t that make my armor class 7-1 or 6 ?

When we get to combat (he says nervously) if we can step by step walk through the first one that would be helpful for me. It has been a while since playing basic D&D….I hesitate to go that far back in time. lol thanks john
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by thirdkingdom »

Ah, I might have made a mistake. It should be 6 [13]. AC always adds up to 19 when you add ascending and descending together.

EDIT: However, I typically use Ascending as a default, FYI.
BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by BaltoBruiser »

I appreciate all of the descriptions regarding the rooms so far...is there an expectation that someone from the party is creating a map?
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by thirdkingdom »

BaltoBruiser wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:08 pm I appreciate all of the descriptions regarding the rooms so far...is there an expectation that someone from the party is creating a map?
Up to you guys! I will not be providing a map, if that is what you are asking.
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#36 Post by kalstone »

I can do a map.
stilladventuring
Strider
Strider

#37 Post by stilladventuring »

I am leaving breadcrumbs …we don’t need a map. lol
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by shaidar »

Nice map Kalstone!
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by kalstone »

Thanks! I just discovered Dungeon Scrawl. It's pretty easy to use and makes a nice old school map.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by shaidar »

Just checked it out, looks cool.

Return to “The Redoubt of the Crocodile Kings (BX/OSE)”