Revenge On The Sun Priest

OGRE MAGE
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Revenge On The Sun Priest

#21 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The young woman seems confused when Cormag waits behind, but she answers Tuurma all the same.

"You speak of Ilynin, don't you. She was my friend. She deserved.....so much better."

She looks back to Cormag again. "Is he....dangerous?"
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag tries to look non-threatening to the girl, but vigilant. Hearing the girl's question, he replies "not to you".
Last edited by redwarrior on Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#23 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That was my way of trying to prevent PC exclusions.

Please feel free to join in on the conversation.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma looks to Cormag and then back at the girl.

"No, he's not. He is a friend. And about Ilynin - yes she did. And together we can set things right. If you'll help us."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#25 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The young girl seems willing to talk, but is clearly still apprehensive about a few things.

"Before we start, can I ask how you knew about Ilynin? The priests are certainly not speaking of her situation."
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma

"I am going to be honest with you. The ones that tipped us off have their own reasons for doing so. It serves their interest. But that doesn't mean they're not right. In their temple we met her family, and they were the one who told us what happened. Jak’n was the priest's name. He was possessed with her but she refused him. And from what I've heard, this is not the first time something like this have happened by his hands either."

She draws a deep breath.

"So, what do you say?"
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#27 Post by OGRE MAGE »

RW, I can't tell if I am waiting for you, or if you are waiting for me.

Anything you'd like to add?
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by redwarrior »

Sorry, there is a little bit of real life init roll failure there, but no I'm letting Tuurma run the conversation and attempting to look threatening to those who aren't the girl. :D
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#29 Post by OGRE MAGE »

sastaz wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:20 pm Tuurma

"I am going to be honest with you. The ones that tipped us off have their own reasons for doing so. It serves their interest. But that doesn't mean they're not right. In their temple we met her family, and they were the one who told us what happened. Jak’n was the priest's name. He was possessed with her but she refused him. And from what I've heard, this is not the first time something like this have happened by his hands either."

She draws a deep breath.

"So, what do you say?"
The young serving girl doesn't seem afraid to talk about the situation, or to have Cormag listen in.

"That's right. Jak'n is the culprit." She spits on the ground to get the name off her tongue.

"I know of whom you speak, as I've met Ilynin's mother a few times. She is right to be angry, and yes, this kind of thing has happened before."

She looks at the ground for a moment. "I too caught the eye of this despicable priest when I first came here. Luckily he quickly grew tired of me ignoring his charms." She spits on the ground again from the memory.

"What do you intend to do about him? Do you need my help sneaking into the temple to murder him? Please tell me that is why you are asking, as that is exactly what the scum deserves."
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma is a little bit surprise by the girl showing such determination all of a sudden, but ultimately decides that the girl's feelings are genuine and that her testimony only serves as further proof of the priest's guilt.

She looks at Cormag to assess his thoughts, and then back to the girl again.

"Sneaking is not our forte, but if you could tell us where we could find him outside of the temple, that would be most efficient. Preferably after dark. As few innocent bystanders as possible. I intend to give him what's coming to him - an eye for an eye."

I'm thinking Tuurma going berserk in some park is less bad than in the middle of the temple :lol:
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag ponders. I'll happily kill a man in a fair fight. Or an unfair one, at that. But an assassin I'm not. Is there any way we could get proof of his guilt and turn him over to the law? Of course, if he resisted..... Should we see if one of our more ... quiet friends could assist us in gaining entry?

I'm down for kill OR capture, just trying to keep it in character.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by sastaz »

iI'm down for either as well. Please note though that it was stated previously that The Law won't touch him IIRC.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#33 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The young serving girl continues her pleas for action.

"Our Satrap is nearly as cowardly as Jak'n himself. The law will not move against the priests of the temple here in Xambaala, so proof would be irrelevant anyway."

"I think I could get someone to help us. I guess I mean help you, since I am no fighter. There is another girl the pig has his eyes on already. Perhaps she could lure the creep out after dark somewhere. Catching him off guard with his mind on other things will be the only way to get him to leave the temple grounds."

"Would bringing another person in on this be acceptable to you? I promise she has the same views of the man as the rest of us. She is even prettier than Ilynin was......."
The girl fights back more tears for her murdered friend. ".....So she should be able to get the bastard to eat from her hand with a few winks and seductive coos."

"Shall I bring her to you? Or would you prefer to keep your distance and let us set up the details of where and when?"

Actions?
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag nods his assent to the plan, If this other one is willing, I am/
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma walks up to the girl slowly, puts her hand on her shoulder and looks her into the eyes.

"We trust you. Just tell us when and where your friend will bring Jak'n and we will be there."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#36 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The young serving girl agrees to return to this very spot in 3 hours, giving her enough time to meet with her accomplice and devise a plan.

She returns all alone. "I think we have everything ready. Priscilla knows of a vacant house across town where she intends to lead Jak'n in the guise of a tryst. She plans to tell him it's her abandoned family home, to make it sound more enticing to the pig."

She pulls out a scrap of parchment with a badly drawn map on one side. "This is the building she will lead him to. If you hide somewhere inside, she will flee in a panic once you intercept him in combat, to make her seem innocent, in case things go wrong."

She points out the building on the map. "Tonight? At sundown? Will that work for the two of you? Can you think of anything else we might need to prepare beforehand?"
Xambaala.jpeg
Xambaala.jpeg (124.1 KiB) Viewed 659 times
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by redwarrior »

Cormag slowly nods. That should work. After the girl leaves, he'll ask Tuurma We have a few hours to explore the house and find a good hiding place. Should we get someone to serve as a lookout for us, or should one of us play the drunk in a nearby alley? I'm sure the girl is earnest, but this could easily turn into a trap. Either by intent or by accident.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by sastaz »

Tuurma nods.

"I agree. This could be a trap. I don't think so, but better safe than sorry. Let's go with your plan. We can take turns and watch the building from the street. Only thing is we have to check there's no back door, in which case we might both have to play drunk, one on each side. We could ask someone, but I feel the less people involved in this, the better."

Cormag and Tuurma will try to gather some dirty rags and then check the house for additional exits, if Cormag agrees.
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by redwarrior »

sastaz wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:46 pm Tuurma nods.

"I agree. This could be a trap. I don't think so, but better safe than sorry. Let's go with your plan. We can take turns and watch the building from the street. Only thing is we have to check there's no back door, in which case we might both have to play drunk, one on each side. We could ask someone, but I feel the less people involved in this, the better."

Cormag and Tuurma will try to gather some dirty rags and then check the house for additional exits, if Cormag agrees.
Cormag nods his agreement. Let's do it!
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#40 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Tuurma and Cormag arrive to cautiously investigate the agreed upon house where their plotted assassination of a high ranking priest of Helios will take place.

It is a plain mud brick structure that is completely vacant inside. A single story, with a separate unit above with no inside access. An outside stairs leads to an equally empty second floor unit.

There are shuttered windows in each wall, but only one door leads to each story. The ground floor has three individual rooms, the larger has a closet with functioning door.

Actions?

Return to “Wandering Windswept Wastelands (HYPERBOREA)”