Rhapsody in Blood

learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Rhapsody in Blood

#21 Post by learjet22 »

Check above in the thread to see what's on the note, as I posted it previously. As for what's in the vials:
-----
Vial 1-A thick, clear substance fills this vial almost halfway to the top. It seems to have a very low viscosity.

Vial 2-This vial contains a bubbly, dark green substance which smells extremely bad. Clearly this is the poison the assassin was using, but what's in the other vial? Does anyone have Alchemy as a skill?
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by NJWilliam »

Ruarc looks around at the others that pursued, albeit at a civilized pace.

"I was able to see not more than a narrow foot heading up this tree.(He will add whatever else he could see about how the foot was clad)."

Ruarc will then look around for any prints in the ground left by the running man, to see if he can tell more about the boot, how long a stride the man has and his approximate weight. While examining the tracks, he stabs his spear into the earth and speaks again, "What do you know about this stretch of woods? Where is he likely headed, I expect we could get there faster on foot while he tries climbing through the trees?"
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by tkrexx »

D'arqo has memorized his Shield spell.
Female Assassins! A Sisterhood of the Shadows! The Elf spits. We would do well, Fellows, to leave this alone. Evil Females have sadistic streaks when it comes to Males. He keeps his sword drawn, still not convinced the danger is passed, either from any Assassins or the massive Human.
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#24 Post by learjet22 »

The footprints are sort of small, and the stride indicates a small and evasive foe, which you already assumed. More evidence doesn't hurt. Regarding the thing in the letter called Teritu, everyone can make a percent roll determining whether they've heard of this place before.
Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by Rotten »

General Percentile Roll [1d100] = 47

Scotty sees the two liquids in the vials.

"I would think the one is the poison used on the assassin's arrow. Perhaps the other is the antidote. We can ask in town if anyone knows about the substances. Bring them at once to the King."

Scotty then takes off running back to the town square.

Waving empty hands, he begins yelling, "My Lord, I chased the assassin until I lost her in the trees. At least I believe it was a she."

He will then approach the King, if allowed, doing his best at acting to convince the King that it is in his best interest to reward him for risking his life. Acting [1d100] = 64

Whispering, "My Lord, the assassin dropped a note leading me to believe she will be headed towards Teritu. She dropped what appeared to be a poison and an unknown liquid. Perhaps it is even the antidote. Is it too late to attempt to save your daughter's suitor? I believe it was a political assassination. One back there in the woods holds the note and perhaps the antidote."
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by NJWilliam »

Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by tkrexx »

Teritu roll: [1d100] = 43
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by learjet22 »

Ruarc does think he's heard of this place called Teritu from an elder in his tribe. He recognizes it as a small city near the coasts of Wabbleton, just south of the actual, paradise-esque city Wabbleton Beach.
-----
It's such a shame about that poor fellow Bernard. Such promise he had. And, who might you be? The king manages to expel between sobs, barely holding himself together.
Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#29 Post by Rotten »

"My Lord. I am Sir Scotty, a Noble who has travelled far to behold the beauty of your fair daughter on her wedding day. Alas, I am saddened to see it turn out this way. Perhaps we have the antidote in the two vials we have found, dropped by the assassin. That is if he isn't too far gone already. Is there a cleric around?"

"My Lord, may I be of service to you on this wretched day?"

Scotty bows deeply. Checking out the King's jewels as he does.

Appraisal - [1d100] = 29
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#30 Post by learjet22 »

You're pretty sure that the jewels are worth quite a bit, by your standards at least. By king standards, you're not so sure. They are pretty enough to be flaunted on his crown, so that probably counts for something.

Oh Scotty, what a glorious fellow you are to assist me in my time of need. But I do believe this poor gentlemen to be post mortem. And what a shame this is. A funeral must be arranged at once. And, the assassin dropped something, you say? May I examine said subject?
Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#31 Post by Rotten »

Scotty will wave the others over if they will come.

"That one there has the items my Lord."
tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by tkrexx »

Wabbleton Beach, hm? Might need to put that on my itinerary. The smirk and wayward cast of his eyes betrays D'arqo's thoughts.
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by learjet22 »

I should assume that the other two would come to where you were comforting the king. (If otherwise, tell me).
-----
The King examines the clear potion in fascination for a good minute, then hands it back to you. At the smell, but also the sight of the poison, he wrinkles his face in disgust, and starts to whimper once more. Then, he reads the note. Slowly, his face turns redder an redder.

This is outrageous and terrifying! How did this mongrel manage to sneak into my kingdom previously to reconnoiter me? Ugh, but it sounds like they aren't done with us yet. At least we know them by name now. You, Scotty and company, would you be so brave as to stop this dangerous duo? If the answer isn't affirmative, it's understandable. I obviously have matters to do such as arranging the funeral, and beginning the pursuit of another fine gentlemen for my daughter. In the meantime, I would appreciate it if you were to consult with one of the town's Alchemists to determine the usage of the potion... It's just all so sad and scary.
Modric
Guide
Guide

#34 Post by Modric »

Reilik

Tending to the crowd to see if anyone is injured, he moves closer to the King.

"I would gladly help my Lord. I am also curious as to what the Alchemists have to say about the poison..."
Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by Rotten »

Scotty

"The town alchemist, an excellent plan My Lord. We shall go at once. May I offer my services to move the body of the suitor from out in the open? I fear the commoners are getting nervous."
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#36 Post by learjet22 »

Reilik doesn't find anyone in the crowd to be injured. Will Reilik go ahead and talk to the alchemist, or will he consult with the others? What does he do now?
------
What a kind gesture from a kind fellow such as yourself Scotty, but I do believe a noble knight has already done so.
Rotten
Tracker
Tracker

#37 Post by Rotten »

Scotty-

"Indeed My Lord. I shall aid in tracking these two vermin down and returning them for justice. I will need a party though. Would anyone volunteer to join me in apprehending the cruel assassins that did this deed?"

Scotty will go to the alchemist if the possesses goes to see what it is all about. He will then go to the town fletcher to have him/her examine the arrows for any clues.
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#38 Post by learjet22 »

Oh thank you, thank you, my boy. It isn't common for one to be as brave as you. As for the party, it would seem that four of you, yourself included, were able to even see the assassin and pursue them. So it is you four who will be comprising the party.
-----
After an hour or two at the Alchemist's filled with boredom, thumb twiddling, and for some of us, the temptation to steal things, he finally comes out from his lab in the back.
Alchemist:
Well it's clear this icky, bubbly one is poison, and it looks to be one curable by herbs. The supposed assassin probably had a few of said herbs on hand, but it doesn't seem that you found any herbs. As for the other potion, it's a very interesting specimen. In fact, it's unusual for an assassin to be in possession of such a drink. The second potion is a potion capable of turning things Invisible. Evidently, the assassin used some of it to spy on the king, and to plan everything carefully. Then, she probably used some to sneak up on the marriage undetected, and it's even possible she sipped it before fleeing southward into the woods. There look to be a few doses left, so I ask that this magical beverage remain in the hands of someone responsible.
Modric
Guide
Guide

#39 Post by Modric »

Reilik

Will consult with the Alchemist.
learjet22
Tracker
Tracker

#40 Post by learjet22 »