Investigation #6: The Historical Site Part 2

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Investigation #6: The Historical Site Part 2

#21 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Yeah, sounds like they just "hung" a ghost. I knew there was a lot from when we were here before, but didn't realize there were that many.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker waves off the offered goggles. Thanks, but I am busy.
FA FO
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shrugs and puts the goggles back on. "Suite your self mate. It's kind of triply, like a bunch of episodes of Doctor Who, all at once."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Rex »

Mac

"That is a twisted description Roy."
GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shrugs "Well you know we all have our hobbies or areas of expertise."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Bluehorse »

The Fort Smith Historic Site
September 17, 2018 6:15pm
Warm, Dark, Cooling.

Roy shares what he is seeing with the others and seems really excited about the sites visible through the goggles, describing it as looking like so many Dr. Who episodes. Even more impressive he put them back on just in time to see on the heads-up display: Equipment Synced.

Joker and anyone else looking at their PKE readouts will see additional spectrum readouts now displayed as the goggles Bluetooth in more information to the phones. Those carrying a proton pack or trap also hear a brief double beep and presumably they sync up as well.

It sinks in for everyone that considering the sights Roy describes and the sounds they all hear they might have just been witness to a spectral hanging.

One signal from the Gallows seems to fade away into nothing and return to the more ambient but centralized readings they got from here before on their first visit just as the PKE equipment spikes in another direction towards the parade grounds... then there is another even more powerful surge directly behinds them!

The air feels like there has been a heavy hammer blow that you could not hear so much as feel as something instantly changes.

You gentleman seem to hang around dangerous places a lot. The law says these grounds are closed after 6pm. came a deep rich voice from behind you that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end and your hearts feel weak as a presence overwhelms you senses, especially when you turn around to see a very real form of a very large black man in western dress and unblinking eyes that seem to stare right through you.
2-18.jpg
2-18.jpg (29.9 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 212/217 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 256/256 @
Roy O'Dowd: 355/355 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 289/289
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 580/584

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die. Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

[/quote]
GreyWolfVT

#27 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy jumps a little, then takes his goggles off to see if he sees the man still before he issues any type of verbal reply.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker startles, then takes a screenshot of the readings on his phone and closes it.
I am sorry, sir- this is my fault. I lost track of time, taking in the feel of the place.
FA FO
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac just smiles, "This place certainly has a special feel to it. We mean no harm sir."
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Bluehorse »

September 17, 2018 6:30pm
Warm, Dark, Cooling.

Roy double checks with his goggles on and his goggles off...
Made me think of this!
51DxAo1cfaL._AC_SS450_.jpg
51DxAo1cfaL._AC_SS450_.jpg (25.29 KiB) Viewed 467 times
He notices that the goggles are very much locking onto him and the sight of him with them on is very "high contrast and high definition" like you are meant to see him. The readings are going waaaaay of the scale right now and you are sure you are looking at something that is at least a class 7! You are seeing him because he wants you to see him.

Joker has felt something like this before, but it was different. Earlier today when he was in Belmont's church and he felt the presence of Kindle, that overwhelming feeling of power... he was in the presence of that again, but this was... oh, he knew this being before him could bounce him off of every metaphysical surface 3 times and never blink, just like he felt from Kindle, but this was more a feeling of awe than it was fear, the complete opposite end of the same spectrum. Those eyes that showed up way too well in the dark turned and looked at Joker, squarely. You... you have the smell of....

There are some very distinct whoops and hollers off to the northwest near where your equipment indicated another concentration of PKE earlier. You all hear the rattle of metal and the beating of drums, this draws the attention of the large man... or whatever he is... and he grumbles. Not again... in the blink of an eye when you were all turned around, he is gone before you turn back.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:

GreyWolfVT

#31 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Well now that was a bit trippy."

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#32 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Seeing the gentleman telling them they are after hours, Lionel tilts his head a bit and smiles. We're sorry...Marshall Reeves...we don't mean to run afoul of the law, but our job requires us to be in dangerous places, and often that ends up being at night. If it helps, we do kind of work for the mayor, so we have a little more access to places than the general public. But again, we don't mean to cause trouble, sir.

When he disappears, Lionel makes a suggestion for their next course of action. Sounds like something's going on over there. Maybe we should go take a look. He makes sure his proton wand is ready, then starts making his way toward the commotion.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rex »

Mac

Mac follows Lionel's lead.
GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy follows Lionel and Mac.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Urson »

Joker
Looking very rattled, Joker follows along.
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Bluehorse »

September 17, 2018 6:35pm
Warm, Dark, Cooling.

Scott308 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 2:16 amLionel "Freight Train" Williams
Seeing the gentleman telling them they are after hours, Lionel tilts his head a bit and smiles. We're sorry...Marshall Reeves...we don't mean to run afoul of the law...
The apparition briefly looks at Lionel before turning towards the disturbance that caught everyone's attention.

Lionel makes the suggestion to follow the sounds of something happening after the presumed ghost of Bass Reeves disappears. While Roy has a Keanu Reeves moment... Whoa...

Joker still seems rattled... or perhaps is more so now, from his ordeal this afternoon at the church. Wonder why...?

Roy and Mac agree with Lionel and follow him as everyone does a quick equipment check as they head across the grassy well-manicured but very heavy parade grounds of the fort area. A sign shows them that they are now inside what was the walls of the previous for that stood here and acted as the namesake of the town. You find yourself heading west past these grounds and eventually come across lines on the sidewalk indicating the old Oklahoma Arkansas border with dates, as you head past a raised earthwork, into a more wooded but still very well maintained area, you notice another borderline and a sign showing these were previous borders that moved over time.

Everyone's PKE starts to sound alarms again as they near...

Everyone roll me 2 Mod Cool rolls.

Minor Map Update
HS2.jpg
HS2.jpg (188.94 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Not trying to dis include Joker and Jason, just keeping things moving since I am unsure they would share much just yet. They can still make comments on previous posts like "I was thinking" or something like that. I just don't want to get bogged down in waiting for dialogue that can be easily caught up. If you guys want me to slow down, just let me know. There is no pressure and of course, if I feel like I need something I will wait or message someone.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Pending final update from the other thread "What have you read about Kindle"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Rex »

Mac

Cool +3BP [5d6]=15 Ghost [1d6]=4
Cool +3BP [5d6]=19 Ghost [1d6]=3

How many BP would it cost to raise my Cool to 3?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Rex »

Mac

Thanks, I will try and remember that for next time.
GreyWolfVT

#40 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Return to “Mission Archive”